83rd Annual Acadamy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're just lucky Marty wasn't nominated, or he probably wouldn't even be breathing still.

Was that the Lazarus Memorial Children's Choir?

Having seen 6 of the 10, I'm more let down by the Oscars than ever before. I liked the awards better when I had no idea what the hell I was talking about, as opposed to a faint clue. Bad sign.

Local news just said that Franco and Hathaway were perfect as hosts. Hooooo boy.

I was just talking to someone in florida about this. She got the same "local news report."

Fucking canned bullshit from the ABC, surely.

Jennifer Lawrence gives GAF a winter's bone.

Dude, she is seriously climbing up the ranks. My god. She won the award for hottest person in the room tonight, in my book. That red dress. Shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

A couple of nice wins. So happy for Natalie. Trent Reznor winning a fucking Academy Award still amazes me. And while The King's Speech isn't my least favorite recent Best Picture winner or anything (I like it more than Hurt Locker from just last year, for instance) I was really pulling for Social Network to take it down. Oh well.

Hathaway and Franco weren't very good, their joke writers weren't very good, and they obviously won't be invited to host again. I really like both of them, but they weren't right for this. Franco especially. He's great, but his personality isn't appropriate for an MC gig. Too stoned and nonchalant for this kinda deal.

I agree with Randy Newman, also. Only 4 nominees for Best Original Song? There are a thousand songs written every year for movies, and they could only find four worthy of recognition? That's bullshit.

If those were the best original songs they could find this year, the decision to stick to just four was a merciful one.

Lancemc said:
Fucking canned bullshit from the ABC, surely.

It's typical, but everyone in Hollywood is patting themselves on the ass extra hard tonight.

Everyone was just super! Awards for everyone!

Gooooo Hollywood!

83rd Academy Awards!

GirlsAloudFan said:
Dude, she is seriously climbing up the ranks. My god. She won the award for hottest person in the room tonight, in my book. That red dress. Shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I had no idea she looked so much like Hayden; that's who she reminds me of anyway. Very fine, and her performance in Winter's Bone was superb. Natalie was deserving, however, and her pregnant self looked great as ever.

Then Bridges walked out. That was a very good stretch, perhaps the only one.

Seriously. I think she wore that specifically to call out how bleeping hot she is, knowing they were going to show her looking like something the cat dragged in during her nomination clip.

I know deep down that the Oscars are lame and silly, but I always enjoy watching them, even the boring parts.

Had fun with a group of people at a friend's house, lots of food. I tied for the win on the ballots with 12 out of the 24 categories on the ballot, which was kind of nifty.

I know the press always whines about the "east coast jokes" or whatever when someone like Jon Stewart hosts, but there's no way Hathaway and Franco (attractive though they were, and Hath's costume/hair changes were impressive) were anything resembling 'good.'

My favorite bit of the show - the best picture montage with the King's Speech speech and Beethoven music. That was really kind of awesome.

022711-michelle-w-300.jpg

No fucking contest.

Michelle Williams is gorgeous and I appreciate her unique style at award shows, but she looked like a fucking ghost tonight.

Yeah, I like her, but didn't think she looked particularly great this evening.

Also, she was completely absent in her little red carpet interview with Seacrest. THE CREST! ain't the world's best interviewer, but Williams came off as charmless and monosyllabic. Maybe she raided Heath's old medicine cabinet before the limo ride.

Michelle Williams is gorgeous and I appreciate her unique style at award shows, but she looked like a fucking ghost tonight.

Nah. I don't think very many woman are able to pull off so much white like that though, between the hair color, complexion and wardrobe... but that might be part of why I was so blown away tonight. I think she looked perfect.

most wins

Inception 4
Kings Speech 4
The Social Network 3
Alice in Wonderland 2
The Fighter 2
Toy Story 2
Black Swan 1
127 Hours 0
True Grit 0

Well I'm glad that The King's Speech won all those guild awards beforehand or I'd probably be a lot more annoyed right now, I suppose that the traditional Oscar movie is not quite dead yet hmmm? Still, bleh bleh bleh on the Best Director win.

Trent Reznor, Academy Award winner sounds so bizarre :lol: But well deserved.

I'm counting on Helena Bonham-Carter to wear something terrible, in the middle of all that polished, styled boredom.

Two "back-door" victories for Israel:

Natalie Portman (born in Israel)
"Strangers No More" - Best short documentary (film about the Rogozin school in Tel-Aviv for children of foreign workers).

Mazal Tov !!
I'm very proud!

I got 6 wrong.

I missed director, cinematography, live short, among others.

But our ballot only includes 20 categories.

Last year I got 16 of the 20 and won some alcohol.

They say The King's speech was written for Paul Bettany.

But he turned it down. I bet it would have been better with him.

And he would have most likely won all the awards, too.

Firth caught a break.

Back
Top Bottom