24: Day 6 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess it was a good thing that they didn't set anything up for next season. Anything is possible and hopefully in a good way. The season sucked, but I have a feeling come next winter, I'll get sucked back in.

I kept saying to myself regarding Chloe - don't let her be pregnant, don't let her be pregnant. And she's pregnant. I think that may be up there with the Kim and cougar as the worst idea/scene ever in this show.

Yeah, I'll second that about Tony. I watched the opening credits looking for his name and then thought well maybe they're not that stupid to ruin the surprise by putting his name in the opening credits. Alas. It would've given some redeeming to this season.

At least Karen and Bill can go live happily in Vermont.

randhail said:
Yeah, I'll second that about Tony. I watched the opening credits looking for his name and then thought well maybe they're not that stupid to ruin the surprise by putting his name in the opening credits. Alas. It would've given some redeeming to this season.

At least Karen and Bill can go live happily in Vermont.

I purposely missed the credits so if I didn't see his name I wouldn't be disappointed. I think I remember when he came back the first time they had his name in the opening.

Bill kicked some ass tonight, but overall it was one big "meh".

I think they have to do something like jump 10 years into the future and bring in new blood. And get away from the save the country storyline with CTU. 6 times is enough although that is the basic premise of the show.

this was a spoiler on another forum:

"
Jack drops off of the helicopter (on purpose) and Buchanan knows not to go look for Jack and that if he ever wants to be found he will be.

Jack makes it to the shore and sits and looks off into the ocean. There's complete silence as Jack ponders where his life goes from here, he's at the crossroads of his life. Then out of the silence we hear a faint sound. As the sound grows closer we realize it's a helicopter. Jack looks behind him at a house on a cliff and a piercing white light focuses in on him as the helicopter descends down and lands on the beach. Jack takes out his gun and he thinks it's CTU to come and detain him but it's not. A heavily armed special forces unit pours out and they make Jack drop his gun. Jack complies and the men put a blindfold over Jack's head and take him inside the helicopter. The soldiers place Jack next to their leader who remains unseen as he's talking on a cell phone which obscures his identity. The man on the phone hangs up and we go to complete darkness as we are now watching from Jack's perspective. Then we hear the voice. I'm paraphrasing and it went something like; "I'm going to remove your blindfold Jack, but you need to understand something first. There are people within our government who want change. Two years ago I was part of that change and I payed a steep price for my patriotism... That price {Jack's blindfold is removed} ..... was my wife"... Jack's eyes adjust to reveal Tony Almeida. Jack simply replies with "Tony" as the look on his face registers as pure shock. We are left to believe that Chris Henderson recruited Tony well before day 5 and that Tony's alleged death was nothing more than an elaborate hoax so that he could continue whatever work Henderson's group has plans for. I guess we're supposed to believe that Tony is recruiting Jack and this will lead us into the drastic season 7 change."

would it have been better for Tony to be a bad guy and have him alive, or stay dead and be a hero?

but again, i say:

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

come to think of it...

*SPOILER* (for all you west coasters out there)

the cliffhanger was probably meant to be jack thinking about killing himself, having lost his brother, father, and audrey all in the same day. almost literally, a "cliffhanger".

I wanted Tony :grumpy:

Next season better have a better variation of the "radical Middle East villain with nuclear weapons being supported by a stronger foreign power, while the president is manipulated by someone in the cabinet and CTU gets infiltrated" storyline or I'm done with the show.

I never read that spoiler, but after watching tonight, I wish it had been true, because that would have been a kick-ass way to end the season.

Well, this season ranks down there with the one containing the Kim/cougar storyline. Hopefully they can rebound next year. They've been able to come off of past mediocre seasons, so I'm betting they will again.

Last edited:
Exactly, it really is just like the spoiler said.

I still can't believe what they did to Doyle, that pisses me off. He was my favorite secondary character other than Tom Lennox and Chloe.

Bwahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha. What the hell was that?!?!?!

I'm completely done with this show. The only thing that would make me watch next season is if they reeeeeally take it out of LA. Fuck this shit.

:down:

"I'm pregnant. This is a nice moment - let's not ruin this moment by saying something stupid."

Are you kidding me.

Speaking of awful, wasn't that the most boring siege ever upon a badguy's secret hideout? They KNEW he was coming in a chopper and then conveniently stood next to explosive oil drums BELOW their enemy so he could easily defeat them all in less than 30 seconds. Whaaaaaaaaaa?!?

I have this horrible feeling that Jack's dad survived too and will reappear like the Phantom of the Opera all disfigured.

I did like how Jack was able to get from swimming in the ocean to Heller's apparently unlocked house up the coast in 3 minutes 42 seconds.

He is Batman (and Aquaman).

Well I guess it is a little more plausible than Jack getting from an airport onto a boat in the middle of the sea in about 2 minutes at the end of season 5. But wouldn't Heller be interested in airstrikes a few miles from his house? And if he was trying to keep Audrey away from Jack wouldn't he take her some place Jack didn't know about?

Anyway, so I guess the US has to go to war with China now. And that pretty much makes all this avoiding a war with Russia crap moot. Hell I would have rather gone to war with Russia than China.

Chizip said:
But wouldn't Heller be interested in airstrikes a few miles from his house? And if he was trying to keep Audrey away from Jack wouldn't he take her some place Jack didn't know about?

Truly!....and if Audrey was in such bad shape...shouldn't she be in a fricking HOSPITAL??? I mean...his HOUSE???? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom