2014 FIFA World Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, that's a fair point. Nobody would complain if his penalty had been more draconian (with the exception of Suarez, of course).

That's very simple. Because of the FIFA's fucked up rules.

De Jong was awarded a yellow card by the referee. The rules state that when a foul has been noticed and penalized by the ref, it cannot be redone. The ref missed Suarez' foul, so it could be penalized by the FIFA. It's fucked up and stupid, but that's the FIFA's rules.

That's insanely stupid. Are you saying that if someone were to spear tackle another player and then receive a Red Card, FIFA couldn't then further punish them afterwards?

That's insanely stupid. Are you saying that if someone were to spear tackle another player and then receive a Red Card, FIFA couldn't then further punish them afterwards?

No for red cards there's different rules, the FIFA can decide on the penalty after the match in the case of a red card. But in the case of the Spain vs Holland match 4 years ago, the ref stupidly awarded de Jong with a yellow card. In that case it's not possible to add stuff afterwards. :rolleyes: Stupid, stupid rule.

It's just one controversy in what has been a cracking tournament. Suarez is gone, but his talented teammates are still around, and good luck to them against Colombia. The World Cup is bigger than just big name players.

Some cracking Rof16 coming up. Brazil vs Chile, Uruguay vs Colombia, France vs Nigeria and Costa Rica vs Greece is my favourite given that they were both not expected to make the next stage. I hope the Costa Rican brilliance continues

And now some non-Luis Suarez content:

People I know who really follow US soccer say cutting Donovan was probably the right move.

From watching guys stagger around after 270 minutes of play in Brazil, I'm convinced it was the right move. I don't know if Donovan would have survived 30 minutes.

Well I disagree with it, though it may be the rule. He stuck his arm out, hit the shoulder area... though I would personally not call it a handball I also can't say it was a bad call either. One of those.

ready, steady, go !

psc_tockaitlyn02221_211247a_8col.jpg

coin-flip-o.gif

Well this is tense! :hyper: Great start for the last 8 round. Secretly hoping for Chile. :D

Also Hulk's goal was NOT legit. The ball hit his bicep, that's hands, no goal.

There were quite a few reruns on tv here.

Damn, bad start for Chile.

ETA: Well that's about it then. Shame, but Chile really blows at penalties, lol.

ETA: lol nevermind, wow, that was a great shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom