2011 Rescheduled North American Tour Dates Announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fact that 360 is suitable for football stadiums mostly, and the fact that 360 allows much more seats to be available than a regular 180 degree stadium show (sometimes the full seating capacity of the stadium + GA), there is limited shows. The Minneapolis, Chicago, and East Lansing shows attract fans from the rest of the Midwest & some Canadian provinces. Ohio, Wisconsin, Missouri. So yeah, don't know why the huge gaps in the schedule but probably the gaps are for festival appearances, maybe Mexico (it was part of Popmart's 2nd North American leg), and maybe Hawaii. But as of now, they're huge gaps.

Coachella is mid April and Lolla first weekend of August. Chicago has a 10pm curfew for Lolla, plus both festivals would consider local 360 shows 2011 conflicts.

Yup, both are out of the question because there are already area shows. I think Bonnaroo is the only major fest without that conflict in that timeframe.

Although...what would be the chances of them doing the New Orleans Jazz Fest? It's before the U.S. leg but only by a couple of weeks so it would be a good gearing up gig or if they do the Southern Hemisphere before that, it preserves some momentum...hmm.

I really do not think they will be playing any festivals other than maybe Glastonbury during that 7 day window between aneheim and east lansing. If they play mexico with the U.S. leg maybe they can fit it in between Oakland and Aneheim. there is a 9 day window there and seems to be the only logistical time frame they could do that. If not, Mexico will probably be at the end of the south american trek. The 5 day gap between miami and chicago I guess they could play ohio, or wisconsin, who knows. between philly and new york, perhaps another boston show. between salt lake and edmonton maybe play Las Vegas or Calgary.

Haha Well played!

But I'm meaning, they're gonna add a few more dates here and there. Surley they'll be one more in NJ, or as you guys have been saying add a show in Boston or surrounding areas..

I don't think they'll be playing anymore festivals other than Glastonbury, but who knows.

I doubt Minny will be the overall final date of the tour. That sounds so anti-climatic.

I won't be surprised, though, if Minny is the final NA date of the tour. I mean- the final NA date on the Vertigo Tour was Portland.:wink:

I think they mean the final date of the tour altogether.

There was also that Dublin rumor too.

I really hope they stick with Minneapolis as the closer ... just because I'm going to that one! :lol:

What are they saying as far as Australia? Is that supposed to be this coming November/December timeframe? Or in 2011?

I can't imagine they'd extend it to other regions even beyond the US leg of 2011. Although so far there's nothing scheduled for South America, so who knows?

I really hope they stick with Minneapolis as the closer ... just because I'm going to that one! :lol:

What are they saying as far as Australia? Is that supposed to be this coming November/December timeframe? Or in 2011?

Plenty of newspapers saying rumors of December this year. (A busy month already, with Bon Jovi and Muse in town) A reliable source on radio says dates are booked, and there will be announcement in August. that same guy reckons early 2011.

One paper claims they've booked Perth for December. So its all taken with massive grains of salt at the moment, but at least we should know, for sure, in a few weeks.

I can't imagine they'd extend it to other regions even beyond the US leg of 2011. Although so far there's nothing scheduled for South America, so who knows?

I'm assuming they'll work their way geographically--Australia/NZ sometime December to March, then South America, then up through Mexico to the U.S. and Canada.

Awesome. :up:

If they add a second Minneapolis show, I'll happily buy a GA and stay an extra night. Whoo!

I totally agree. I am wondering if I should book the hotel for an extra night!:shifty:

When the tickets went on sale, they sold out almost instantly. There are many looking to go to this show, because they are assuming it is the closer!:D

I wonder how they'll manage to squeeze all four legs of THE CLAW inside the outfield of Angel Stadium.:huh:

They're likely allowed to take out the infield dist and mound in Anaheim. Toronto Skydome had the "baseball configuration" where the stage was over middle outfield and the side GA areas were really wide.

Although...what would be the chances of them doing the New Orleans Jazz Fest? It's before the U.S. leg but only by a couple of weeks so it would be a good gearing up gig or if they do the Southern Hemisphere before that, it preserves some momentum...hmm.

NOJF is late April for 2 weeks, so highly doubtful. Springsteen played in 2006 and it was the only Simon and Garfunkel appearance this year.

It's actually mostly in May in 2011 - April 29 - May 8. Pearl Jam played this year. Longshot, but I was just pondering since Edge is kinda connected to the area.

It's actually mostly in May in 2011 - April 29 - May 8. Pearl Jam played this year. Longshot, but I was just pondering since Edge is kinda connected to the area.

Didn't Edge appear in 2006 as a guest? Plus the NFL "Saints" appearance with Green Day.

The area was probably covered with Texas/Atlanta/Florida gigs.

Back
Top Bottom