2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeps, that's what I'm reading on twitter. I just hope he bows out gracefully if he is really retiring.

Btw, you shouldn't be listening to Sterling and Waldman, SR. Not even Yankees fans should. :)

Yeps, that's what I'm reading on twitter. I just hope he bows out gracefully if he is really retiring.

Btw, you shouldn't be listening to Sterling and Waldman, SR. Not even Yankees fans should. :)

Read it on SoSH. I'm watching/listening to Buck and McCarver, not that they're much better.

Posada's wife now claiming that he asked out with a bad back. On Facebook.

:corn:

Mike Stanton has hit two back to back HRs that have been absolute line drives. They are so bizarre to watch. Raw power, though.

So, Jorge wants us to believe that he had a stiff back, asked Girardi not to play, but failed to mention that he had a stiff back? Ha.

So, Jorge wants us to believe that he had a stiff back, asked Girardi not to play, but failed to mention that he had a stiff back? Ha.

One of the guys on the Baseball Tonight set asked Nomar about it and brought up the 2004 game where Nomar sat out and Jeter broke his face Nomar maintained that he really was hurt and implicitly upheld Posada's version of the story. That was hilarious.

I hope the Sox will complete the sweep tonight against NY, much needed wins these past two days and hopefully the rest of the A.L. East will start slumping.

José Bautista now has an OPS over 1.4. This is Barry Bonds territory.

José Bautista now has an OPS over 1.4. This is Barry Bonds territory.

You ain't kidding.

The right fielder is hitting .415 with 13 homers and 21 RBIs over the past 19 games. His 16 home runs this season are just two behind the total of the entire Twins team and his five over the weekend is just one shy of the six that Minnesota has at Target Field this season.

Holy hell.

imagine the yankees in another two years when jeter is hitting .210 and a-rod is having hip replacement surgery and they're eating up 40 million dollars worth of payroll?

That's exactly what I was thinking last night as Jeter grounded out in the 8th.

I cannot complain, they've had such a fantastic run since '96 but things are going to get a little ugly, I think. At the very least, I hope they move him to the OF next season. Swisher won't be back (Yanks hold a team option on him for '12), so, RF could be open. Will be interesting to watch. Rays up next, hoping another sweep is not imminent.

Down in AA, Banuelos is pitching ok, but is walking a lot of dudes and averaging less than 5 innings a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom