2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be an interesting sight to see all the trucks role into Split. I've vacationed in Brela/Makarska :drool: so I see why there are rumours to make a stop there

There will certainly be a second Oakland show, the Bay Area is large and per the grid on U2.com, Oakland 1 & Anaheim 1 are the only North American sold out shows. Oakland 1 sold out very fast.

The other most likely addition is Minneapolis.

A show in Oregon would make sense, probably at Autzen Stadium in Eugene (Portland doesn't really have a decent sized stadium). That would be huge. Salt lake City would be great as it would be closest to me. I am already going to Denver.

Todd In Boise

Anyone here think the following cities have any chance of being added?

Austin Texas
Salt Lake City Utah
Minneapolis MN
Winnipeg Canada

I also thought U2 might play one of the following southern cities:

Little Rock Arkansas - U2 has never played the state of Arkansas in their career. Arkansas is bordered by 6 different states. Live Nation booked the Rolling Stones in Little Rock on a recent tour and they played to 40,000 people.

Memphis Tennessee - This has nice central location in the south and is a little further east than Little Rock

Nashville Tennessee - Even further east, plus I don't think U2 has ever played Nashville before.

This is all pure speculation and they may play none of these cities, but I was wondering what others thought or if anyone has heard any rumors. An Austin Texas show returns to a state where the economy is strong and is in the middle of Dallas/Forth Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. The Rolling Stones played a show there on their last tour.

a lot of it depends on where the gaps are

the leading US candidates are slc, tucson and oregon.....minneapolis at this point is almost a given. i have no idea about canada.

can't really see anything else in the south

-dan

Austin Texas
Salt Lake City Utah
Minneapolis MN
Winnipeg Canada

Little Rock Arkansas - U2 has never played the state of Arkansas in their career. Arkansas is bordered by 6 different states. Live Nation booked the Rolling Stones in Little Rock on a recent tour and they played to 40,000 people.

Memphis Tennessee - This has nice central location in the south and is a little further east than Little Rock

Nashville Tennessee - Even further east, plus I don't think U2 has ever played Nashville before.

This is all pure speculation and they may play none of these cities, but I was wondering what others thought or if anyone has heard any rumors. An Austin Texas show returns to a state where the economy is strong and is in the middle of Dallas/Forth Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. The Rolling Stones played a show there on their last tour.

Of the cities you mentioned, Minneapolis and Salt Lake City are the most definite contenders. I'm sure you've already noticed on the forums about the rumor at the Gophers' stadium in Minneapolis....so that seems to be a definite possibility. I would be absolutely thrilled if they came to Austin :drool:.....but yeah, as someone mentioned here, the stadium is too big, and would likely not sell out.

So Split has replaced Prague and Tel Aviv has dropped.

Still no sign of a second Spain show - if they are waiting for Sevilla to sell out it could be a long wait...

Any ideas why no second Paris show - one of their biggest markets - a pretty much guaranteed sellout and it fits in with the schedule..???

Split sounds good. But its not an easy place to get to cheaply from Istanbul - which is bad. The cheapest way ive found too do it so far is to fly back to the UK inbetween:lol:

I'd suggest Split is the replacement for Budapest, which came very close to happening.

As for the second show in Spain, a Live Nation spokesman on 27/10 said the city would be known within ten days.

Hmm ...!

Austin Texas
Salt Lake City Utah
Minneapolis MN
Winnipeg Canada

I could totally do Austin, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, or Kansas City and/or St. Louis if they were to announce a show(s) there. I would even do multiple shows if that were to happen. Denver was within reach but the timing is just wrong for me.

Hopefully more dates to come....and by that i don't mean "another Boston" etc.

:)

It warmed my heart to see kramwest hoping UM gets a gig lol, I have wished the same...fill that big big house!
Not that I spend time worshipping at the football fonthead, but it would be cool to have U2 sanctify the place :D

Michigan Stadium can't host major concert tours because there is no large service tunnel from the outside of the building to the field. The only tunnel is a pedestrian tunnel that leads from the field to the locker rooms at the eastern 50 yard-line.

U2 should have played Ford Field or Comerica Park instead of Spartan Stadium, IMHO. Poor judgement for McGuinness and Co. to neglect Motown.

I'm a little disappointed that U2 is neglecting Wisconsin for the first time since 1987 (hell, I might have even flown there to see the show!).

Camp Randall Stadium (where they played in 1992 and 1997) has been renovated and expanded, and it would have been an ideal venue for the 360 Tour.

Michigan Stadium can't host major concert tours because there is no large service tunnel from the outside of the building to the field. The only tunnel is a pedestrian tunnel that leads from the field to the locker rooms at the eastern 50 yard-line.

U2 should have played Ford Field or Comerica Park instead of Spartan Stadium, IMHO. Poor judgement for McGuinness and Co. to neglect Motown.

I don't think they could have done Comerica, especially if the June 30th was kinda a set date to play Michigan. Tigers have a home game on July 2nd, doesn't it take a few days to get The Claw taken down? Or maybe simply Mike Ilitch didn't want them playing there.

I personally am glad they are not playing Ford Field, this stage is ment for an open stadium (at least that is my feeling).

The reason they are not playing there was probably impacted by the poor experience Live Nation had with Madonna at Ford Field. They were only able to sell 30,000 tickets. Spartan Stadium in East Lansing is in the middle of Michigan and they may be able to attract a larger crowd by playing there.

Denver after only 5 days is nearly soldout.

Multiples of $258s - Soldout
Multipes of $98s - Soldout
Multiples of $58s - only available behind the stage
Multiples of $33s - Soldout

This is a 76,000 seat stadium and the show here will likely set the single show record for the state of Colorado for a concert. A huge contrast from the 28,000 tickets sold for the POPMART show at the same stadium in 1997.

Well, Chicago is only a couple of hours south of there.

I know - I was hoping to combine a trip home with a U2 show, but Chicago is too far a drive to reasonably do it without doing a separate flight out of Chicago. Minneapolis and Madison are much more do-able from my home town.

As would be Green Bay, but I know that was probably just a pipe dream and wasn't really going to happen anyway.

Spartan Stadium in East Lansing is in the middle of Michigan and they may be able to attract a larger crowd by playing there.

No offense, but that is illogical.

If you are selling tickets with an average ticket price of $105, it would make far more sense to put your show in the nation's 11th largest market, not in the nation's 107th largest market.

Table of United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The reasons they are skipping Detroit are (probably):

1. The Tigers schedule made scheduling a show at Comerica Park difficult.

2. Ford Field may have been problematic due to the fact that it is an indoor stadium with a relatively low ceiling.

I still think they should have tried harder to work Comerica Park into the schedule. Similarly, Miller Park (or Camp Randall) & Ohio Stadium should have been on the itinerary as well.

(FWIW, Lambeau Field is severely overrated.) :reject:

(FWIW, Lambeau Field is severely overrated.) :reject:

oh_no_you_didnt.gif
oh_no_you_didnt.gif

-dan

Denver after only 5 days is nearly soldout.

Multiples of $258s - Soldout
Multipes of $98s - Soldout
Multiples of $58s - only available behind the stage
Multiples of $33s - Soldout

This is a 76,000 seat stadium and the show here will likely set the single show record for the state of Colorado for a concert. A huge contrast from the 28,000 tickets sold for the POPMART show at the same stadium in 1997.

Perhaps true, but if I'm reading that darn "sellout, what is a sellout" long, detailed debate over in that U2 BoxScores thread (which makes it immensly difficult to find said boxscores) this could mean anywhere from 39,000 tickets released and sold to 68,000 tickets released and sold -- pray tell, Denver is a good market for U2 and it will be interesting to see if the Claw sets a record next June -- the Saturday night will help, and might add 10% to the attendance, heck even the four guys from Laramie and three from Cheyenne that like U2 will come down for the show.

Here is an exact breakdown for denver of what is left

June 12, 2010 Denver Colorado INVESCO Field
$253 Club 300 level singles
$253 Level 100 singles
$98 Club 300 level singles
$98 Level 100 singles
$98 Level 500 singles
$98 NR 300 level singles
$58 GA sold out
$58 Club 300 level singles
$58 Level 100 singles
$58 Level 200 multiplesx8
$58 Level 500 multiplesx8
$33 Level 100 sold out
$33 Level 200 sold out
$33 Level 500 singles

There is no reason why they would hold back seats for this show, in the first hour this show went on sale I saw tickets for upper tiers on all sides of the stadium. I wasn't fast enough to get GA's so I'm holding off to unfortunately buy them from either stubhub or ticketsnow, but heck what can you do sometimes?

Here is an exact breakdown for denver of what is left

June 12, 2010 Denver Colorado INVESCO Field
$253 Club 300 level singles
$253 Level 100 singles
$98 Club 300 level singles
$98 Level 100 singles
$98 Level 500 singles
$98 NR 300 level singles
$58 GA sold out
$58 Club 300 level singles
$58 Level 100 singles
$58 Level 200 multiplesx8
$58 Level 500 multiplesx8
$33 Level 100 sold out
$33 Level 200 sold out
$33 Level 500 singles

There is no reason why they would hold back seats for this show, in the first hour this show went on sale I saw tickets for upper tiers on all sides of the stadium. I wasn't fast enough to get GA's so I'm holding off to unfortunately buy them from either stubhub or ticketsnow, but heck what can you do sometimes?

I'd save your money - I'd bet the majority of shows on this tour have had GA's available in drops, and if not you might be able to find some here. As for holding back other seats, I bet TM still held back some in most price levels because that's just how they do things.

Thanks that is good advice, I did notice on several shows before they dropped extra tickets for GA and for seats. I'll watch it for a while and see what happens. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom