2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But really, it seems odd to announce that many European dates and so comparatively few North America dates.
It's the exact same number!!!!

Back on September 24 when they announced the 2010 Euro tour they only announced 12 dates. Today they announced 12 North American dates. According to my quick calculations, 12 = 12.

But really, it seems odd to announce that many European dates and so comparatively few North America dates. I feel sure that there will be more added.

It was the same number a month ago, more shows have been added in the meantime.
And even so, last I checked, Europe has twice the population of North America.

Oh for gawd's sake, the people complaining that they didn't get a show in their own backyard and might have to drive an hour away, or that they're not getting a second show...jebus, the entitlement.

Those of us in the US "flyover" regions and the Aust/NZ are crying all over the place for you. No Minneapolis, Milwaukee, St Louis, or KC on the list (yet) means another 5 hour drive and expensive stay in Chicago. It is what it is. Would you be willing to do that on a regular basis?

Sorry, just had to get that off my ample chest. ;)

It was the same number a month ago, more shows have been added in the meantime.
And even so, last I checked, Europe has twice the population of North America.

Jep! So it's great Europe gets 2 legs this time...

(big parts of) Europe were underplayed on previous tours (and probably are also underplayed this tour.... )

Not for nothing, but all previous tour date rumors had them in East Rutherford on July 24/25.........which seemed pretty accepted as possible....even with the European leg starting in August. So, mb Boston does have a shot for 24/25? lol

Not for nothing, but all previous tour date rumors had them in East Rutherford on July 24/25.........which seemed pretty accepted as possible....even with the European leg starting in August. So, mb Boston does have a shot for 24/25? lol

I think Bon Jovi is at Gillette on the 24th....

Oh for gawd's sake, the people complaining that they didn't get a show in their own backyard and might have to drive an hour away, or that they're not getting a second show...jebus, the entitlement.

If youre including the Boston area in this-- traveling to either NJ or Montreal is alot more than one or two hours away, just so you know. NJ is more like 4 hours from Boston and Montreal is like 8 hours. Just saying... :wink:

UGH!!! I'm still hungover from the Rose Bowl, and I've got to make choices for next summer already.

:nofuckingsympathyhere:

Looks like I'll try to hit Anaheim, Montreal and NJ. If they don't include a Minneapolis date, I may try for Edmonton.

Will Edmonton really get 2 shows?

Mark

Regarding a New England date:

I like the theory that U2 is going to play Fenway Park, and since that's such a big deal, it'll get its own separate announcement at a later date. A quick check of the Red Sox schedule reveals the team is on the road from July 5-14 and again from July 19-30....

Hey, Romi, I may see you then, because I plan on Montreal! Probably NJ too. not sure about Philly. Hoping they add Boston or Hartford in the mix. It's going to make it tight for Montreal & NJ if there are no NE shows. Using my pre sales code for those two. I can drive to both. :hmm:

I like the theory that U2 is going to play Fenway Park, and since that's such a big deal, it'll get its own separate announcement at a later date. A quick check of the Red Sox schedule reveals the team is on the road from July 5-14 and again from July 19-30....
I like this theory too. the park only holds around 35k though. If it happens, for one show, that'll be the hottest ticket in town

I was just thinking about how there's no Gillette, and got off the phone with my dad (who is a big fan, and saw them way up at the Sept 20th show there). To be honest, I'm not surprised at all they're not playing there.... I mean, it's shocking that there's NOTHING in NE, but for anyone who was at those Gillette shows, you know how getting out was. And apparently the sound for my parents way up was really terrible. I don't know if this is a legitimate factor in why they're not playing there, but who knows. It could be. I know a lot of people on here were upset, and I sent a nasty review to Gillette so.... huh.

Wow, I've spent my whole morning thinking about U2 dates, and stayed up 'til 3am watching that live broadcast. Now I'll be late to my class's screening of 'Carrie'. :lol: :crack:

Hello....traffic has been a mess at almost every US show i have read about. I can vouch for Foxboro and Chicago. Also, there have been sound complaints too at almost every show that i have read about here...

don't give up yet. maybe they are just ironing out the dates! :applaud:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Argggghhhhhh! :doh:

Seating capacity is so small at Fenway even if you add people on the field.

Ok, granted if it was the only MA date I would have to go. Can i sit with Theo Epstein please?! :drool:

If they put on two shows at Meadowlands, I think there will be a chance for tickets right before event (esp in GA). I know there are less cities this time, but I would have had no problems getting tickets for the shows there last month during one of the ticket dumps. Plus the new stadium is even larger than Giants stadium. Something to think about as money is tight heading into Christmas (and don't have to have Live Nation/Ticketmaster holding my money for 9 months).

Per U2.com: "Additional dates and cities for U2 360° Tour 2010 to be confirmed." I wish it would be before pre-sales start for the already announced shows. But, I guess not since the folks in Toronto already have pre-sales starting today. It makes it hard to strategize how to use your codes if you aren't sure what all your options are.

But, I'm so happy the boys are making a stop in PA this time - and I'm hoping for a Cleveland date, too. I'm very excited!! (although very weary from staying up to watch the Rose Bowl show last night - That was rough on us Eastern time zone folks!)

fenway has an absolutely awful layout for the claw.

plus baseball stadium shows tend to keep people off the infield... which would be near impossible with the claw.

PLUS i would be stunned if the red sox, or any baseball team for that matter, would allow a stage that heavy to be put on their grass during the season, especially after seeing what happened to the natural grass in some of the soccer stadiums in europe and at soldier field in chicago.

Hello....traffic has been a mess at almost every US show i have read about. I can vouch for Foxboro and Chicago. Also, there have been sound complaints too at almost every show that i have read about here...

don't give up yet. maybe they are just ironing out the dates! :applaud:

need we not bring up the train fiasco at the giants stadium shows... and they're going back to the meadowlands, so i doubt traffic problems have anything to do with why they're not playing in massachusets (yet).

Just to be clear, you mean New England, not just NorthEast, right?

New England. Waiting for more info from a contact but they are saying there is plans for a New England date just not released yet. I'm hoping it's true:applaud:

July 14th would be a great one night for Hartford CT.

If they were to play in New England, there's no stadium worth playing besides returning to Gillette, nothing else has a capacity of more than 45,000. If you're going to bother to bring it back to this area, you might as well have it an hour away from Hartford and double the capacity.

I'm bummed but not surprised there isn't a NE date, but I'll be headed down to East Rutherford and Philly for sure, would love to go visit some friends in Michigan for the first time in years and see them play in a huge college stadium in East Lansing, I'm glad they're not doing Ford Field, I didn't really want to see this tour indoors.

1st Prediction of North American Leg 2

May 30 - Mexico City
May 31 - Mexico City
June 2 - Monteray
June 4 - San Diego
June 6 - Anaheim
June 7 - Anaheim
June 9 - Minneapolis
June 12 - Denver
June 14 - Salt Lake City
June 16 - Oakland
June 17 - Oakland
June 20 - Seattle
June 23 - Edmonton
June 24 - Edmonton
June 26 - Pittsburgh
June 28 - A city in Ohio
June 30 - Lansing Michigan
July 3 - Toronto
July 6 - Chicago
July 9 - Miami
July 12 - Philadelphia
July 13 - Philadelphia
July 16 - Montreal
July 19 - East Rutherford
July 20 - East Rutherford

2nd Prediction of North American Leg 2

May 30 - Mexico City
May 31 - Mexico City
June 6 - Anaheim
June 7 - Anaheim
June 12 - Denver
June 16 - Oakland
June 17 - Oakland
June 20 - Seattle
June 23 - Edmonton
June 24 - Edmonton
June 26 - Pittsburgh
June 30 - East Lansing Michigan
July 3 - Toronto
July 6 - Chicago
July 9 - Miami
July 10 - Miami
July 12 - Philadelphia
July 13 - Philadelphia
July 16 - Montreal
July 17 - Montreal

I think prediction two is just as realistic as prediction one. Stay in the big cities and play multiple dates. I put June 26 Pittsburgh date in there because 1. Its a Saturday, 2. It splits people in Ohio between East Lansing and Pittsburgh, 3. Pittsburgh has a relatively new stadium unlike any city in Ohio.

But prediction two shows they may only add two more cities, Mexico city and another city, possibly Pittsburgh.

In prediction two, I think a 2nd Miami date is possible given that there are NO shows in the area that is south of the Mason-Dixon line and east of the Rocky mountains except Miami. Plus, it is already a popular travel/vacation destination, the 2nd date would be on a Saturday, and its already the #1 talked about North American show at interference.

I'm sure there is still some demand left in New England but I think they may want to get those people to support shows in Montreal and East Rutherford. If East Rutherford is the final city stop in North America, the only possible July New England date would be July 14 in between Philadelphia and Montreal. But this would mean only one Philadelphia show. I think its more likely they will play two Philadelphia shows than return to New England.

1st Prediction of North American Leg 2

May 30 - Mexico City
May 31 - Mexico City
June 2 - Monteray
June 4 - San Diego
June 6 - Anaheim
June 7 - Anaheim
June 9 - Minneapolis
June 12 - Denver
June 14 - Salt Lake City
June 16 - Oakland
June 17 - Oakland
June 20 - Seattle
June 23 - Edmonton
June 24 - Edmonton
June 26 - Pittsburgh
June 28 - A city in Ohio
June 30 - Lansing Michigan
July 3 - Toronto
July 6 - Chicago
July 9 - Miami
July 12 - Philadelphia
July 13 - Philadelphia
July 16 - Montreal

2nd Prediction of North American Leg 2

May 30 - Mexico City
May 31 - Mexico City
June 6 - Anaheim
June 7 - Anaheim
June 12 - Denver
June 16 - Oakland
June 17 - Oakland
June 20 - Seattle
June 23 - Edmonton
June 24 - Edmonton
June 26 - Pittsburgh
June 30 - East Lansing Michigan
July 3 - Toronto
July 6 - Chicago
July 9 - Miami
July 10 - Miami
July 12 - Philadelphia
July 13 - Philadelphia
July 16 - Montreal
July 17 - Montreal

I think prediction two is just as realistic as prediction one. Stay in the big cities and play multiple dates. I put June 26 Pittsburgh date in there because 1. Its a Saturday, 2. It splits people in Ohio between East Lansing and Pittsburgh, 3. Pittsburgh has a relatively new stadium unlike any city in Ohio.

But prediction two shows they may only add two more cities, Mexico city and another city, possibly Pittsburgh.

In prediction two, I think a 2nd Miami date is possible given that there are NO shows in the area that is south of the Mason-Dixon line and east of the Rocky mountains except Miami. Plus, it is already a popular travel/vacation destination, the 2nd date would be on a Saturday, and its already the #1 talked about North American show at interference.

I'm sure there is still some demand left in New England but I think they may want to get those people to support shows in Montreal and East Rutherford. If East Rutherford is the final city stop in North America, the only possible July New England date would be July 14 in between Philadelphia and Montreal. But this would mean only one Philadelphia show. I think its more likely they will play two Philadelphia shows than return to New England.

so no more St. Louis or Madison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom