2003 Academy Awards Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not going to bother reposting it again. You know what I mean. Bono and Ali, oh my :cute: :love: :tongue: :) :hug:

I love them both so much! They are so special and so is their love! :heart:

That picture of Ali sitting on Bono's lap is precious. :heart:

BC: Dad, look at this picture of Bono and Ali! Isn't she pretty??

BC's Dad: Yeah! What's she doing with HIM??

:mad: :laugh:

verte76 said:
Well, like I said before, it's show biz. It's a weird business. No one is keeping score, people just have opinions. Hell, it's more subjective than a figure skating competition. :laugh:
:lol: That's what I was thinking!! Can't the US figure Skating Association step in again and demand a second Oscar be presented?

Sorry if any of this is repetitive; I haven't read the whole thread yet.
Today we listened to Eminem while processing shipment at work. His "music" is a complete negative of U2. He's angry and hopeless and he hates everyone but his daughter. At one point I mentioned he was a "whiny bitch" and pratically had a markdown gun thrown at my head (a violent act which would never have happened if U2 had won!)! Apparently this is how he "vents" and "feels better about himself."

The bully at school stealing milk money from the little kids feels better about himself, too.

The general reaction to his win was, "Cool" which still would have been mine if U2 hadn't been nominated and if he'd bothered to show up to accept his award and at least pretend he cared. the Academy goes pop culture, but what did they do? They gave an award to an angry man who threatens to kill his ex-wife and his mother like it's his job, and let a band all for peace and love and happiness, a band who wanted the award more than anything at that time, go home empty handed and deserving.

The performance was GREAT. I kinda giggled at the opera part because Bono gets so overdramatic it's funny, but that's why I love him. :) And the change of the "Early fall" verse was very appropriate and very subtle; only people who bought either The Best Of... or the GONY soundtrack would have noticed.

And Bono still knows where the Academy parks their cars. I think he should make good on that threat. Eminem would do it.

attachment.php

As if I didn't already have a gigantic crush on these two! :heart:

It looks like the guys went out and got hammered! Good for them! And what is with Bono putting his head near women's breasts? :eyebrow:

Anyway, I love these guys! :heart:

Schmeg said:

The general reaction to his win was, "Cool" which still would have been mine if U2 hadn't been nominated and if he'd bothered to show up to accept his award and at least pretend he cared. the Academy goes pop culture, but what did they do? They gave an award to an angry man who threatens to kill his ex-wife and his mother like it's his job, and let a band all for peace and love and happiness, a band who wanted the award more than anything at that time, go home empty handed and deserving.

QUOTE]

It's like you were reading my mind. I almost feel like the Academy were trying to prove that they weren't as stuffy as people think. It ticks me off that Eminem didnt even have the respect to show up. I think they said somewhere it was the first win for best song that hadnt been performed on the show.

Anyway I re-watched the tape of the performance and it was fabulous. The opera was little dramatic but so Bono it was cool.

ALL THOSE PICTURES ARE GREAT!!!! Thanks everyone who posted!

:hyper: :drool: :combust: :faint:

*THUD*

Was anyone just watching Extra? They showed about five seconds of "the Irish arriving!"

I'd like to watch the performance again but my VCR likes to play it waaay too fast and Bono sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks...

I think this one's been posted before, but check out the caption from Yahoo! News...
1048471884.3691307133.jpg

Members and their wives of the rock band U2 (L-R) Ali Hewson, Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge, Morleigh Steinberg, Larry Mullen Jr., and Ann Mullen arrive for the 75th Annual Academy Awards (news - web sites) at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, California March 23, 2003. The traditional red carpet parade of stars has been drastically reduced in light of the ongoing U.S. led war in Iraq (news - web sites). REUTERS/Fred Prouser

Kariann said:

For some reason I really love this one.
ME TOO. :combust:

And yeah...Ann Mullen? What's that all about? Morleigh is listed with her maiden name (which she might have decided to keep, I'm not sure), but Ann is Mullen all of a sudden? :huh:

well, they coulda been all ignorant-like and listed Morleigh as Steinberg cos they didn't know Edge's real name and didn't want to put Morleigh Edge.

or I could be talking out of my ass :D

Bonochick- thanks, I wanted to do that but my computer was too slow! :banghead: I made that first one, but I'm glad to have all those others. That must have been fun! :happy:

Niamh- Those will not 'blow up' because they only stretch and blur, they are way too low resolution. We have 2 girls who belong to wireimages and can sign in to get the bigger copies, LivLuv and Bono's American Wife. I hope one of them will get them for us!;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom