2 Underrated REM songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

Ahh.. I knew it sounded familiar! :wink: Actually, apart from Imitation.., Reno, Lifting :drool: and Leaving NY, I haven't heard anything else from the last 2 albums.

Got Itunes?

Gimme your email. I'll send you the best 2 you haven't heard.

Disappear
She Just Wants To Be

I liked "Beat A Drum" off that album too.

Can you or anyone else name some good songs off Around the Sun? I think I've listened to it all the way through maybe once. And don't say "Leaving New York," that song sucks.

If that's true, Congress needs to call an emergency session in order and break this band up immediately.

typhoon said:
If that's true, Congress needs to call an emergency session in order and break this band up immediately.

either break up or force Bill Berry to leave his dingleberry farm and pick up the sticks again.

Hang your collar up inside
Hang your freedom higher
Listen to the buyer still
Listen to the Congress
Where we propagate confusion
Primitive and wild
Fire on the hemisphere below

:wink:

Great thread! R.E.M. will always be my favorite band regardless of the direction they choose to go (although I seem to be in the minority here because I love Up :drool: and Reveal and don't mind Around The Sun). Thought I'd contribute to the sharing of live tracks, so here's a favorite of mine, a BLISTERING version of "Life And How To Live It" (one of the most underrated 80's songs) from the Avalon in Hollywood in 2003. Enjoy!

Life And How To Live It (Live From Avalon, Hollywood 2003)
http://s26.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3822YEM4PMYH4257SHR1RHVGGL

NumbMacphisto said:
Thought I'd contribute to the sharing of live tracks, so here's a favorite of mine, a BLISTERING version of "Life And How To Live It" (one of the most underrated 80's songs) from the Avalon in Hollywood in 2003. Enjoy!

Wow, that's from Fables isn't it? :love: And they played it in 2003? :ohmy:

Zootlesque said:

Wow, that's from Fables isn't it? :love: And they played it in 2003? :ohmy:
Yep, from Fables! They started playing it again during the 2003 Greatest Hits Tour and it became a regular in the second half of the tour. It also closed the main sets of most of the US shows for the Around the Sun tour in 2004. Definitely one of their best live songs.

This is kinda related to this thread, but if you guys didn't know already, Michael started the In The Sun Foundation to raise money for the rebuilding of the gulf coast region. He's releasing a charity EP on iTunes on Monday with 6 different versions of the Joseph Arthur song In The Sun. You can read more about it and preview the tracks (including duets with Chris Martin and Joseph Arthur) at the official site http://www.inthesunfoundation.com.

I wish I imported more of my bootlegs onto my computer, I'm kinda lacking in live R.E.M. I do have a few official b-side and fan club live recordings, if they're okay to ysi....

man, i don't care what you guys say, "i wanted to be wrong" is awesome. but i generally agree that around the sun is boring.

IWasBored said:
man, i don't care what you guys say,

God-Damn-It :mad:

Care about what we say!

These are important midnite proclamations preserved forever on the INTERNET!

This is serious business.

:drool:

we're all so cool, spending our friday nights like this! :wink:

i still like that song a lot :mad:

IWasBored said:
:drool:

we're all so cool, spending our friday nights like this! :wink:

i still like that song a lot :mad:

Well, now it's saturday morning so I figured I'd check up on this thread. "I Wanted to be Wrong" is good. I think my favorite song off of Around the Sun would be "The Boy in the Well."

typhoon said:
I liked "Beat A Drum" off that album too.

Can you or anyone else name some good songs off Around the Sun? I think I've listened to it all the way through maybe once. And don't say "Leaving New York," that song sucks.

Electron Blue (sounds a little like some of the stuff from Up)

The Outsiders

Make It All Okay

Wanderlust (nice one! Sounds like 80's R.E.M.)

Aftermath

Btw. I cannot personally believe the butchering this album received in the press. It may lack the number 1 radio hit pop song but it's a fine collection of songs anyway.

Last edited:
Man On The Moon (live from Glastonbury '99)

http://s48.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2CUIWIIDUWDV62SER6E1XHADIP

This is gonna become like xaviMF22's Radiohead thread! :D

I have a couple more rare live versions of Find The River and Let Me In from a 2001 fan club only holiday single but sadly I can't upload them! I think the CD is enhanced! :mad:

U2DMfan said:
I didn't read the whole thing
but two of my songs:

Finest Worksong
Walk Unafraid

those would both be pretty high up on a list of top whatever number REM songs if i were to make one :drool:

Walk Unafraid is one of their best songs ever!!!

Brau, thanks for emailing me those songs! :up:

NumbMacphisto said:
This is kinda related to this thread, but if you guys didn't know already, Michael started the In The Sun Foundation to raise money for the rebuilding of the gulf coast region. He's releasing a charity EP on iTunes on Monday with 6 different versions of the Joseph Arthur song In The Sun. You can read more about it and preview the tracks (including duets with Chris Martin and Joseph Arthur) at the official site http://www.inthesunfoundation.com.

I wish I imported more of my bootlegs onto my computer, I'm kinda lacking in live R.E.M. I do have a few official b-side and fan club live recordings, if they're okay to ysi....

I'm looking for someone here who is also on murmurs.com (R.E.M. Forum) Do you happen to be a member?

P.S I am a HUGE R.E.M. Fan.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom