1980-1990's box set, helmet and shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel Pike

Babyface
Hi. I won all this a long time ago, think 1998. It's strictly limited edition. Believe only 150 in circulation. Currently going through divorce and would sooner it went to someone who would treasure it rather than my x wife. It is wooden packing crate with U2 army helmet, box of the singles with the 1980-1990's cd. Also an army style shirt with U2 print on. Will try to upload pics later. Been treasured for a long time, will be sad to sell.

Can't work out how to post pics. Message me an email address and I can forward them too you.

I'm gonna put it on international eBay but am bit worried I'm gonna be hit with lots of fees and they won't sell. In peoples opinions, do you think they'll sell for good price..what is good price?

Daniel Pike said:
I'm gonna put it on international eBay but am bit worried I'm gonna be hit with lots of fees and they won't sell. In peoples opinions, do you think they'll sell for good price..what is good price?

I think something like this recently sold on eBay, you can do a search for ended auctions. I watched it out of curiosity, and I think it got a good price, but I don't remember. Cool item!

Thanks for info. I'll do a search. It's awesome set. Seen few around just helmet in crate or with box of singles, but not with shirt as well. Thought about separating it up for eBay. Can't post pic on here to show it all though. Shame.

You can show pictures by uploading them on a site like TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and then posting the one with the

Looks like a box without the tshirt sold for £800 at the end of June on a Buy-it-now. You may be able to get more on a straight auction. Out of my price range, unfortunately, but looks like there are takers out there. Good luck!

Oh, jeez, you have the vinyl singles too! That alone will fetch a nice price. Wow- would love a set like this. If you get desperate and want to dump the whole lot for a hundred bucks, let me know! ;)

Don't let it off cheap, that thing is worth a pretty penny and is very popular amongst collectors. You got yourself a gem there mate, I wish I had the money to buy it!

I haven't seen the shirt before - but if you won these all at once, congratulations!

Usually the helment in the box is sold separately from the 80's promo 45 box. These were all promotional items, hence a limited amount. Usually one collector sells them to another.

The price varies. You might want to dump some of the straw from the box as straw can go bad. And the 80's 45 rpm set is worth a bit more if sealed. But both should go for $300 or more.

I am the lucky one who bought the whole lot. I paid 1000£ but I would have paid even more ...

Congratulations, it must have been and American promo as it wasn't a UK promo. I have the UK helmet in its box, a few unopened promo vinyl box sets, a Pop disco ball and pens in my loft, perhaps I should put them up for sale!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom