(11-28-2003) AWF Holding Vigil for World AIDS Day -- African Well Fund *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
AWF Holding Vigil for World AIDS Day

To commemorate World Aids Day, the African Well Fund is hosting a virtual candlelight vigil at our site www.africanwellfund.org. Between now and Dec. 2, we invite you to visit our site and light a virtual candle. Webmasters can participate by placing our animated candle somewhere on your site and linking back to our site.

Although the AWF's mission is to provide access to clean water, we recognize the link between AIDS and the lack of this access. The African Well Fund is a non-profit organization started by U2 fans with the intention of raising money to build wells in Africa. Because of your generosity, we have raised over $20,000 and have funded more than 14 wells in the past year.

World Aids Day provides an opportunity to celebrate progress like this, as well as to focus on the challenges that remain. If you choose to participate in the candlelight vigil, we ask that you also please consider a donation. Your donation today can help those fighting this disease by providing them with the gift of clean water.

-- African Well Fund

Thanks Jo!

Being able to see what's going on with one's donations is just phenomenal! I'm so glad I found interference because it led the way to the African Well Fund. So a big THANKS to interference for all the information to this most worthy cause. :up: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom