(11-02-2005) Rumor: Vertigo Tour Extended into 2006? - Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Rumor: Vertigo Tour Extended into 2006?

Interference.com had some eagle eyes on the ground last night in Los Angeles at the Staples Center who noticed various crew members walking around with a clipboard that had some verrry interesting information on it.

Here's the scoop. On the clipboards were spring months in 2006, under which were various international cities including Tokyo, Mexico City and Sao Paolo. This could very well indicate an eminent announcement for the Vertigo tour being extended into 2006, as rumored all across the fansites for months.

As Bono said last night, "We're just getting started." Perhaps they are. Fingers crossed, Australia and New Zealand!

It would be great if U2 would hit some other parts of the globe! *fingers crossed* :up:

Read an email sent to a Melbourne paper today from a fan who had just returned from MSG NY. Said she had asked Bono and he hadn't ruled out Australia in 2006. March was mentioned although I wonder how that will fit in with the Commonwealth Games here in March.

Any way thanks and here's hoping :happy:

SWEET. Except all my money I'm saving to go to school there next year will instead be spent on concerts...

gr@cie said:
Read an email sent to a Melbourne paper today from a fan who had just returned from MSG NY. Said she had asked Bono and he hadn't ruled out Australia in 2006. March was mentioned although I wonder how that will fit in with the Commonwealth Games here in March.

Any way thanks and here's hoping :happy:

Dont worry will fit in - GET YOUR CREDIT CARDS READY FOR MID MARCH !!

There are stronger rumours U2 are Auckland in New Zealand on St Patrick's day for two nights.

Yeah man Russia would certainly be the place to host a rock concert. Red Square :drool:

Those Russians are certainly loyal to watching live concerts:
Monstors of Rock Festival 1991 - Moscow; 500,000 - 1,000,000 people.
Prodigy In Red Square 1997- Moscow; 500,000 - 700,000 people
Paul McCartney in Red Square - Moscow 2000; 100,000 - 150,000

Think if U2 played there for a free gig; 1,000,000 people on the streets, probably making the worlds biggest mosh pit.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
prodigy out drew paul mccartney by that much? that's sad.

Well...Prodigy were freakin' huge in 1997. Fat Of The Land was quite a hit of a disc.

I know that the flyer for honolulu says that it's the end, but there's an article on the boston globe thattalks about dave matthewes, it mentions the fact that the sox have requested a permit for fenway but don't have an act gives me the ever sooooo slightest shred of hope. a man can dream, can't he? ( i can't post links yet sorry. teh google news will help you find the article)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom