10/14 set list controversy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonathan26

The Fly
not sure if anyone posted this, but when i got to my seat last nite (sec 221, row C, seat 13, i was right on the aisle, three rows behind the dude who controls the camera that follows Adam Clayton around all night...anyway, when i got to the show, he had a set list posted to his camera..and his set list contained "I will Follow", "Walk On", "Crumbs" and "40" as a closer, and did not have "Stuck in a Moment", "Party Girl" or "Vertigo ii". When "I Will Follow" didnt happen where it was supposed to, i asked him what happened and he said that bono changed things up. I was so bummed not to see "I will follow" but have to admit Gloria was amazing to see, and even Bono's semi-butchered performance of Party Girl was so enjoyable. And Vertigo 2 rocked the place to close things up. I went last Friday, Monday, Tuesday and last night (only missing last Saturday in failing to go 5 for 5), and if i had to rank all the shows it would be tough. Tuesday's was the most disappointing because it was so identical to the opening night, but that said it was still a great enjoyable show... lastnight's set had great variety and the boys were so on..bono's voice rebounded after some rest and was in fine fine form. My fave night might be monday just because i'm always happy for some achtung baby stuff and you cant beat Bad, but last night was special.

ps. u2.com seems to have posted the 'original' set list that i saw for last night, and not what actually happened...

jonathan26 said:
ps. u2.com seems to have posted the 'original' set list that i saw for last night, and not what actually happened...

The only thing more predictable than a U2 setlist is U2.com's incompetance.:wink:

dgirl said:
I could have lived without Vertigo twice..
but it was a killer show for me
Yeah, I hear ya! My legs are so sore today from all of the jumping around. They were so ON FIRE last night. Honestly, I would've prefered another song rather than the second Vertigo (I'm 2 for 2 with that...was hoping for Bad/40). I am NOT complaining though, because the show rocked. I just feel blessed to have been there. Unfortunately, my camera must've gotten slightly wet from the rain and didn't work...bummer.

I wasn't complaining at all Tuesday b/c that was my first NYC show and my first one with WOWY, Still Haven't Found, and Stuck. Friday was my first VertigoX2...

Have to say it was an amazing finish.

But Walk On and I Will Follow...:drool:

would have been incredible...

Back
Top Bottom