1.4 Billion Chinese U2 Fans Waiting for U2 Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They let Bjork play after she had done "tibet" concerts/awareness and promoting and album that contained "Declare Independance".

There is a list of Stones songs on the net that they were prohibited from playing.

There is other countries in the region I am surprised they have never played. Malaysia, Philipines, Bangkok, Soeul, Hong kong, Singapore and possibly Mumbai India. Metallica and Michael Jackson have made BIG money in these places.

On factor not addressed here is that u2 insist on every internatinoal city getting identical production values. Other groups trim 10-20% of the production for travel reasons.

I think I read something about U2 being banned in China because of political and religious reasons and that's why Bono wrote the line "See China just in front of you" in Beautiful Day, can someone remember any of of this?

According to my interpretation of that lyrical passage, Bono is singing about the view of the Earth from outer space. Apparently, the Great Wall of China is visible with the naked eye from space, so that's what I think Bono means by that line.

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by clouds
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light

Thanks u2cn, I wonder why they released Chinese editions of Pop and Zooropa and nothing else?

I like the idea of listening to smuggled U2 CDs, those songs ARE rebel songs :)

When HTDAAB released for days,I sent a E-mail to Chinese official department of entertainment management to ask whether they would import this album.The answer is that they will strictly look through the lyrics,the band information,and even the cover of the album.I think this is why there is few album that imported to China.

On an unrelated note... China is an amazing country... I really want to go there some day.

And you're probably the first person from mainland China to post here, u2cn, so it's great to see you! :wave:

if U2 show up for a gig in China everyone in this forum should cancel his membership, ask for refund of the u2.com membership as well and stop supporting someone who would officialy support country with such leaders.

I couldn't disagree more!!!
If anything that's a reason that they SHOULD PLAY CHINA.
If the band had that kind of attitude we wouldn't have got a concert from Sarajevo.

It'd be a shame to deny the public of China a music concert because of the governments actions.

I hope you get your U2 concert one day. :) Do you ever get U2 tribute bands in China? They can be good too. :wink:

On an unrelated note... China is an amazing country... I really want to go there some day.

And you're probably the first person from mainland China to post here, u2cn, so it's great to see you! :wave:

I could not be the first Chinese here.A friend introduce me to visit here,but she is a student abroad in Aus.

But i love this place since my first time to come here:heart:

It'd be a shame to deny the public of China a music concert because of the governments actions.

I hope you get your U2 concert one day. :) Do you ever get U2 tribute bands in China? They can be good too. :wink:

Yes,i get a good acquaintanceship of some lead singers of the band who love U2 a lot!

Back
Top Bottom