(09-12-2003) Bono Speaks About The Man in Black's Passing - U2.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.u2.com/

Johnny Cash, 1932-2003

Bono spoke today about the legendary American singer Johnny Cash, who has died aged 71.

?I considered myself a friend, he considered me a fan - he indulged me. He showed me around his house, his ranch, his zoo (seriously, he had a zoo in Nashville), his faith, his musicianship - it was a lot to take in.?

?He was more than wise. In a garden full of weeds - the oak tree.?

let's also not forget john ritter's death. these two stars' deaths at one time is tough. my dad had the pleasure of meeting johnny cash in the 70s when he lived in nashville (where i was born!). he was looking around in a convenience store when he bumped into this man...all in black, with a huge scar down his face. of course it was johnny cash. I'm going to miss both these stars.

this really sucks
an all time idol of me has died: John Ritter. I loved him on three's company and specially on IT
and also a newly inspiration for me also has died: mr Johnny Cash. I "fall in love" (is that spelled ok?) with him because of HURT (even though it's a NIN song). The Wanderer has gain a part in my heart this last year.

September 11.... who cares. September 12 really sucks

PD: 9/11 is in my heart, the Chilean one (I' from Chile) and the USA one too. But really, today, 9/12, sucks much more

He has a soul as big as a continent, full of righteous anger mixed with human compassion -- a true individual in a land founded on individuality," wrote U2's guitarist The Edge in one of many appreciations collected for Cash's "The Essential Johnny Cash" compilation, released last year. "There will never be another like him, and he could have come from nowhere else. When he came through the studio door for the first time, it was like Moses himself had arrived. He is a character of truly biblical proportions, with a voice all wailing freight trains and thundering prairies, like the landscape of his beloved America. Before I got to see it with my own eyes, I had a picture of it through Johnny Cash's singing."

taken from NY Newsday's article on Johnny Cash...

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/ny-etcash0912,0,7993212.story?coll=ny-homepage-promo

Back
Top Bottom