(08-14-2005) New Mexican Movie Centers Around A U2 Concert - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
New Mexican Movie Centers Around A U2 Concert

Not exactly the kind of plot that will completely warm the hearts of any U2 fan wanting the band to play their city more than anything after a long absence, a Mexican indie film, "7 Dias" is sure to win a curious audience.

A short blurb of the film in the Fall Movie Preview issue of Entertainment Weekly reads: "A music promoter has one week -- 7 Dias -- to stage a U2 show in Monterrey, Mexico, or the Mob will kill him."

Interference.com member Bonoab has let us know that the movie's official site is 7dias.com; the IMDB, as always, also has more information here.

Thanks to Bonoab!

Last edited:
At U2's Mexico City gig in 1997, Adam's bodyguard was pistol-whipped into unconsciousness and left permanently disabled because of a "misunderstanding" by Mexican Presidential Guards who were there to guard the Mexican President's son. I'd imagine the themes of this film hit a bit too close to home for U2 to consider appearing in it.

yolland said:
I'd imagine the themes of this film hit a bit too close to home for U2 to consider appearing in it.

And if you check out the 'soundtrack' link on IMDB, you'll see that there aren't even any U2 songs on the soundtrack.....

I thought it was probably a cheap attempt to get rich quick off of U2.

Not cool.:tsk:

There's actually an official website of the movie which is:

7dias. com

I don't remember when did Bono go to Acapulco and he was received by Jaime Camil (an actor from the movie) and he showed him the film and Bono said that it was worth watching.

About the soundtrack, in some Mexican newspaper I read, is that there would be a U2 song for the movie. When you go to the website you'll hear a background song which is by the Chilean rock group La Ley. Bono heard the song and, the newspaper said, he didn't stop humming it.

Another iteresting thing is that the movie would premiere in the states rather than mexico, it would be on the 23 of september. This is the first mexican movie to do that.

God... why don't come back to Mexico again... :sad:
The film sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom