(07-10-2003) Here Comes Bono and Bob! - Showbiz Ireland *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars/bono-bertie2.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono & Bob to Bang Dustbins...

Two of the World's top humanitarian rock stars Bono and Bob Geldof are getting ready again to make some real noise to make the world sit up and notice famine in Africa.

Bono has already made a statement of his intent this week at the launch of the Human Development Report 2003 by saying:

"The people I represent - the activists from my community - will take a very, very different tack in the next few years if these trends are to continue in Africa. This issue is the defining issue of our time and some of us are ready to really work on it. If necessary, we will make a much more aggressive campaign."

He continued, "We are about to get very noisy, we are about to bang a lot of dustbin lids."

bono-bertie2.jpg

Bono at The Development Report 2003

And now the founder of Band Aid and Live Aid Dubliner Bob Geldof is about to join Bono's "Noisy Campaign".

Geldof told the media after returning from famine and AIDs ravished Africa: "This could be Blair's moment. Not another predictable 'word defining' beanfeast where a few cheques are issued to everyone's favourite cause du jour."

Somehow I just can't visualize our very conservative Congress (who hold the paycheck in this country) listening to a rock star who has long hair and the beginnings of a beard.. It just doesn't, well, rock.........

Smokey said:
Somehow I just can't visualize our very conservative Congress (who hold the paycheck in this country) listening to a rock star who has long hair and the beginnings of a beard.. It just doesn't, well, rock.........

They really should........they should look beyond appearances and get the message that some truly horrific things are going on in Africa and they have the power to stop these horrors.

i praise president bush for what he is doing. he is a good man. i have meet him before. i just dont know what the congress is going to do. im glad that bono is pleased with what bush is trying to do but i have my doubts about congress. what really stinks is i know a congressman. lets keep our fingers crossed.

The End of Cool

Towards the end of the Elevation concert in Birmingham, England in 2001, Bono gave this speech saying that if something doesn't change in Africa, there will be civil disobedience. "There's a time and a place, and this is the time and Africa is the place."

Well, that's good and well Mister Rock Star, but in the meantime people are still dieing. And it sucks that it has taken Bono so long to even renew that threat.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if King B wants to play Gandhi, would he please hurry up and do it! Because if he does, then I will follow.

Back
Top Bottom