(05-10-2004) AWF Raises over $15,000 in Honor of Bono?s 44th Birthday! - eMediaWire*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
The African Well Fund Raises over $15,000 in Honor of Bono?s 44th Birthday!

The African Well Fund is excited to announce that the ?Make It a Beautiful Day in Africa? fundraiser was an overwhelming success. U2 fans from around the world donated a total of $15,757.60(USD)! The donations were collected in honor of Bono?s birthday on May 10th and will be used to build wells in Ethiopia.

(PRWEB) May 10, 2004 -- The 2nd annual drive ran throughout the month of April. The African Well Fund (AWF) solicited donations from the vast online U2 fan community. The success of this year?s fundraiser combined with last year?s brings the total amount of money contributed by this community to over $26,010.78. Also collected were over 250 ?signatures? at the AWF website from those who donated. These birthday wishes will be sent to Bono along with acknowledgment of the total funds raised in his honor. In the coming months, we will be providing updates and pictures of the completed well projects via our website (www.africanwellfund.org) as Bono?s wells are built.

Website Updates: African Well Fund is pleased to announce we are offering AWF T-shirts for sale. We are now taking orders via our website. Additionally, in the next few weeks we will be launching a new fundraiser called ?10 Miles in Her Shoes?. We are looking for volunteers in 10 different cities to spearhead this effort. Details will be posted soon.

Proceeds from the African Well Fund are donated to Africare?s well building projects in Uganda and Ethiopia. Africare is one of the leading private, non -profit charitable U.S. organizations assisting Africa. For more information please visit www.africare.org. The African Well Fund was founded to focus on one achievable goal: providing access to clean water. Although this year?s birthday fundraiser is complete, AWF accepts donations to the fund year round. The drive to provide clean water to all the people of Africa continues.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/5/emw124421.htm

This is fantastic.. much respect to the African Well Fund team and all who donated .. no doubt Bono will be so proud but more importantly you have done a great thing and assisted those in need they will be very grateful for doing your part in providing access to clean water which is such a huge thing .. My hats off

Really glad they made their goal. Shortly after I donated, I checked their progress and was a little worried at that piont. Happy to have been proven wrong!

NO BETTER NEWS on the B-man's b-day!:yes:

Just think of ALL the People in Africa whose lives will be improved for generations to come because of the Loving and Dedicated efforts of ALL of us who are part of the AWF and of ALL those who so generously donated money in Bono's Honor to this endeavor!:up: ;)

EXCELLENT NEWS ON THE B-MAN'S B-DAY! :love:

JUST THINK HOW FULL OF JOY AND ENCOURAGEMENT BONO MUST BE FEELING RIGHT NOW!:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

BONO - YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST and ALL GOOD!:angel:

quite excellent news and amazing that we all have raised this much in 30 days.

cheers to Bono!

*toasts a pint of black stuff*

Congratulations to all those who had that great idea!:wink: Certainly Bono,U2 members and all U2 member will be glad of that big birthday gift!!! :wink:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!

we did it!!!!!

can you imagine a better b-day present?
I'm so proud to be a U2-fan, I don't think any other band could get this done from their fans

this is so great!!!!!!!!!!

I belong to several other band lists and keep up with a couple. TRUST ME, most of the people on the duran duran list could give a flying leap about doing this sort of thing.

I agree, there's "something" about the people that listen and love the music of U2 that carry over into their own live and want to stand up and make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom