(03-14-2005) U2, Rock Hall Induction, Tonight - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG] http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050315/i/r3942403388.jpg[/SIMG]
U2, Rock Hall Induction, Tonight

Editor's Note -- Keep checking back in the next couple days for Interference.com's full coverage of U2's Induction - photos, observations, notes...you name it, we'll have it!

Tonight's the night U2 fans have been waiting for since, well, forever -- U2 inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and by Bruce Springsteen! Taking place at the beautiful Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City tonight, there is sure to be much to report in the coming days about this momentous event! Not the least of which is our very own Matt Anderson covering the event from the press room at the ceremony!

While we wait with baited breath however, keep checking back here for updates through the night as we scan the Internet for all the news that's fit to print.

*This just in! First, much praise to Eric Olsen, the Cleveland.com blogger covering the event. U2 has officially been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by Bruce Springsteen in what has been described as a moving speech full of poetic exploration of U2's past, its members and of course, the music. It's all about the music, isn't it? (Although the ever-youthful Larry Mullen, Jr. would argue that it's all about the drums.)

*According to an Interference member who spoke with someone working the Induction ceremony, U2 are scheduled to play "Pride," "Until The End of the World" and "Vertigo" tonight. The AP is reporting that U2 is set to do 5 songs tonight, including "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." Thanks one4u2!

*Eric Olsen on Cleveland.com is keeping a blog of the ceremony as he watches the event at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland tonight. Read his thoughts and reactions here.

*Want to see red carpet snaps from the event? Check out WireImage's offerings and see if you spy our favorite Irish guys and their families! Want more photos? Check out FilmMagic.com's pics.

r3942403388.jpg

(REUTERS/Mike Segar)

*Check out Yahoo!'s photos from the event here.

*What songs will U2 play? Click here to see what U2 fans have been discussing!

*Bono was seen on CNN Headline News' program Showbiz Tonight on the red carpet. When asked about the setlist for the already sold-out Vertigo Tour, he claimed U2 has not yet settled on a setlist. Want to know what U2 fans have been speculating about the Vertigo Tour setlist? Click here!

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Really...for God's sake, there's only a very few U2 songs that sound worse live, out of their huge catalogue, and they had to pick 2 of them? Blah.

Until the End of the World better be good, damn right!

Bono's sunglasses:| lol

Met Larry outside the Waldorf! - thanked him for helping us get tickets - he said your welcome - he signed a magazine cover for me and a Pride single for my sister.:wink: Short and sweet!

Last edited:
ooh, me neither!

And I love that photo of Bono too!

I'd bet he'd feel naked without the shades...I just wonder sometimes how in hell he can *see* in dark rooms with them on!

cheers all...

Hi!

Hummmmm.....Mr.B..............disco? could be......................is disco still in?????

carol
wizard2c
:|

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom