(02-21-2003) Bono Talks New Album - Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(02-21-2003) Bono Talks New Album - Grammy.com

http://www.grammy.com/

Bono Talks New Album

In an interview with GRAMMY Magazine, Bono has been quoted speaking of the new album:
I just came from the studio today, and it's ridiculous what's going on. Edge is just on fire; he's making the most extraordinary things come out of his guitar. It's astonishing. We came up with a tune today called "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go," which could be a big song. Another one, provisionally titled "Full Metal Jacket," is pure chrome. I'm very excited about what we're doing, and I don't think we're facing that difficult second album syndrome.

From MTV:
U2 are working on a new album, which they hope to release by the end of the year, and Bono said fans should expect a new level of energy from the band (see "Bono Says U2 Working On 'A Guitar Record'").

"It's full-on, a full-throttle record," Bono said. "It's like punk rock made on Venus. It is a mad sound The Edge is making. People are saying, 'Bono, people are sick of you. You've been around, you've been winning all these awards. You have to go away for a while.' This record is so good that it won't even matter that people are sick of U2. And by the way, I'm sick of Bono ? and I am Bono."

What do you think, guys?

Last edited:
HHmmm...The Edge is the guitar/effect master supreme in the land. Interesting to see what he has cooking...

Dont know if i beleive it but, My aunt flies in Hop A jet in South Florida and she is a stewardess on this private plane company. Shes flown with the likes of Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich, John Cougar Mellancamp and Even Pavaratti. 2 years ago when The Elevation tour plane brok down they needed to use this company. My aunt says the band was so so cool, Bono was an angel, and she says she thinks he wears a hairpeice. I dont beleive it.. Do you guys beleive it?

TheRealThang_101 said:
Dont know if i beleive it but, My aunt flies in Hop A jet in South Florida and she is a stewardess on this private plane company. Shes flown with the likes of Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich, John Cougar Mellancamp and Even Pavaratti. 2 years ago when The Elevation tour plane brok down they needed to use this company. My aunt says the band was so so cool, Bono was an angel, and she says she thinks he wears a hairpeice. I dont beleive it.. Do you guys beleive it?

There's been lots of speculation in the media on that. At the end of the day though - that Bono is healthy and happy is all that matters to me. :shrug:

TheRealThang_101 said:

I believe the story, but not the thing about the hairpiece. There's been some speculation about that in the press. However, I agree with HelloAngel--it really doesn't matter to me.

Last edited:
TheRealThang_101 said:

What does this have to do with this thread? :scratch:

OMG....I want to hear it soooooooo BAD!!!!!

I could use some new tunes. My two year old knows all of the songs from ATYCLB. He has been running around singing Stuck in a Moment. He sleeps with shades....his "Bono GLasses". I could use some heavy rock sounding tunes!

PEace

I have a feeling that 2003/04 is going to be the return of the 1983-89 U2 guitar sound (but maybe louder?), mixed with the 1990's technology, some soulful (and howling) vocals from Bono and Adam and Larry's ever improving rythmn section.

Can you say "Joshua Baby That You Can't Leave Behind"? Hmmm?

Will the U2 community be buzzing.....aren't we already?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom