The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Straw man much? If you bought a ticket, you're allowed in, casual or hardcore. But people who are interested in actually watching the show are more fun for me to be around than those who arrive drunk because they're just going for the scene. Doesn't mean I want them banned.
I'm really not sure there are a ton of people who go to U2 shows for "the scene." Those days are long gone, unless you're a celebrity and end up in VIP somewhere.

People enjoy shows in different ways, and it's a little silly to call people who night but be rocking out to every song, or who only came to see the Joshua Tree (on the Joshua tree tour, mind you) as not being "fans."

Nobody likes being next to an obnoxious drunk... but that's the wonderful thing about GA. If the vibe in your area is bad or uncomfortable, you can move... as opposed to seats where you can end up in a lame section or next to someone who's getting stoned or drunk off their ass and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

I'm really not sure there are a ton of people who go to U2 shows for "the scene." Those days are long gone, unless you're a celebrity and end up in VIP somewhere.

People enjoy shows in different ways, and it's a little silly to call people who night but be rocking out to every song, or who only came to see the Joshua Tree (on the Joshua tree tour, mind you) as not being "fans."

Nobody likes being next to an obnoxious drunk... but that's the wonderful thing about GA. If the vibe in your area is bad or uncomfortable, you can move... as opposed to seats where you can end up in a lame section or next to someone who's getting stoned or drunk off their ass and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Fans are people who want to see the show. There were a lot of people in GA at Foxboro who were there to get stoned or drunk off their ass. Yes, we could have moved, but the stage layout and crush of people in GA meant we would have had to move further away from the stage (and I'm not a rail snob, so don't go there). The stage and GA crowd for I+e didn't require that sacrifice for movement because there were so many more desirable spots to move to, if necessary. And it WASN'T necessary, because the GA crowd at the I+e shows I attended were more interested in seeing the show. That was my only point.

My mistake was in using the word "fans" as shorthand for "people who want to see the show". I did not mean it as an elitist jab. My bad.

I think the difference is that GA were mostly snatched up by U2.com fan club members in presales for i+e (and again this year) and for the stadium JT shows the general public got a higher percentage.
So the make up of GA at the arena shows will be a heavier concentrate of die hard fans, though that certainly doesn't exclude assholes or drunks.

Fans are people who want to see the show. There were a lot of people in GA at Foxboro who were there to get stoned or drunk off their ass. Yes, we could have moved, but the stage layout and crush of people in GA meant we would have had to move further away from the stage (and I'm not a rail snob, so don't go there). The stage and GA crowd for I+e didn't require that sacrifice for movement because there were so many more desirable spots to move to, if necessary. And it WASN'T necessary, because the GA crowd at the I+e shows I attended were more interested in seeing the show. That was my only point.

My mistake was in using the word "fans" as shorthand for "people who want to see the show". I did not mean it as an elitist jab. My bad.

:Up:

Definitely agree that the i/e and e/i stage is more conducive to having a great spot and a more enjoyable fan experience. My issue was only really with the "fan" comment... so all's good.

I'll say that a stadium show GA will invite more of a mess than an arena by sheer space and numbers. No barricade split on JT30 definitely invited the late-comer shoveups.

clearly the only sensible options is for there to be a short (think 100 questions) multiple choice quiz, with a free form essay at the end, and how well you do gets you in closer proximity to the band. If you get a 100 and Bono likes your essay, you get to the the exclusive person he spits water on all night.

I'll add the two NJ shows I hit were fine and the most obnoxious/drunk person I encountered was in Philadelphia but that too may have been easily predicted...
Well that was clearly a given.

I think the separation of the crowd in GA from Elevation on has given us a false sense of what the floor at GA shows is normally like.

JT30 reminded us of all the unwashed heathens out there

Last edited:
Well that was clearly a given.

I think the separation of the crowd in GA from Elevation on has given us a false sense of what the floor at GA shows is normally like.

JT30 reminded us of all the unwashed heathens out there

Yeah, I'm older and lamer now. I'll avoid a full GA floor at MSG but am fine with the West/East split when they offer it. Or better, just the "front floor" GA as Pearl Jam has done.

Yeah, I'm older and lamer now. I'll avoid a full GA floor at MSG but am fine with the West/East split when they offer it. Or better, just the "front floor" GA as Pearl Jam has done.
PJ GA floors are great because everyone in there is a Ten Club member... or rather a Ten Club member and their plus one.

Wow that sucks. I did the line thing in Dallas and KC was 21 and 40 and got the same spot both times on JT... I can and can't believe people were so rude. :( Yes Tulsa is a different crowd!!! Where you from?

I’m from central Kansas. I can tell that there’s a difference in how well people from different regions can hold their liquor. I drove to Winnipeg to see the 360 Tour, where everyone had a beer, but no one was behaving badly. I also saw the show in Norman at OU, and that was a really great crowd. Kansas City was a sea of 40-50 year old people who were all completely wasted. It was pathetic. That was the first time I left a U2 show feeling angry.

I’m from central Kansas. I can tell that there’s a difference in how well people from different regions can hold their liquor.

definitely - at the Paris JT gig, there was a happy-drunk guy next to me, and during One i think it was, he held his pint above his head and looked quite bewildered when beer ran down his face (and pretty disappointed at the waste of good beer) - he certainly did NOT hold his liquor well :D

clearly the only sensible options is for there to be a short (think 100 questions) multiple choice quiz, with a free form essay at the end, and how well you do gets you in closer proximity to the band. If you get a 100 and Bono likes your essay, you get to the the exclusive person he spits water on all night.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

PS - I know a lot of self-professed 'massive' U2 fans who are also obnoxious and can get drunk... one does not exclude the other. :D

I've queued for gold circle before, but won't just to get on the front rail. On the last tour ( 2015) we went in when the doors opened in Stockholm and got a great spot. Thanks to the incompetence of the o2 arena security I walked in just as the show started in 2015 and still got a good spot.

Couldn't you ab... use your position to fuck up the line team?

Couldn't you ab... use your position to fuck up the line team?
Meh... probably, but I'm not high enough on the food chain where if things backfired that I wouldn't get in some shit, and I like my job and Nate and them aren't worth being disciplined over.

I just want to have a little fun, s'all

Like stand inside the arena wearing a "there is no list" shirt holding a red balloon. Shit like that

Meh... probably, but I'm not high enough on the food chain where if things backfired that I wouldn't get in some shit, and I like my job and Nate and them aren't worth being disciplined over.

I just want to have a little fun, s'all

Like stand inside the arena wearing a "there is no list" shirt holding a red balloon. Shit like that
Come into work early, make up 12 "GA Line Entry" signs and tape them to 12 random exit doors on the arena.

Back
Top Bottom