eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it insanity to even think about finding tickets to the last two Dublin shows? I looked last week at StubHub and saw a note that they aren't allowing GA tix for the shows on the site.

I know it's a small venue (I was there for 2 of the 2015 shows). Is it crazy to think I might find access to reasonably-priced tix on the secondary market?

Sent from my SM-G950U using U2 Interference mobile app

It’s amazing what a couple of shows does for the album.

I also can’t think of any songs with a bigger gap between the crappy album versions and the ecstatic, stomping live versions than GOOYOW and AS.

I agree with you on American Soul, but Get Out still felt pretty flat for me. Maybe it's gotten better since the early May shows, but I was unimpressed with the Apollo version, too.

Best part of Get Out is Edge singing the chorus solo on his way back to the main stage.

Quick question for anyone who has seen them this tour -

During the first I&E tour, my favourite spot to stand was up front along the catwalk. The only time I had a really bad view was when they were in the screen (Invisible) and too high up for me to see. I've noticed this time around the screen has changed and can open up?

Would I be able to see Bono during Lights of Home if I was up front along the catwalk? From the videos, he seems to be higher up, standing on the lower part of the screen. Not sure if that is too high up for the people up front to be able to see him. Are there other moments in the show when they are elevated on the catwalk?

Last edited:
Are there other moments in the show when they are elevated on the catwalk?

Not that I can remember. I suppose the elevated and tilted stage represents his going "up" to heaven. So that was a gimmick, er . .effect, they only used once.

I don't think they spent as much time in the cage above on the whole compared to SOI now that I think about it.

Quick question for anyone who has seen them this tour -

During the first I&E tour, my favourite spot to stand was up front along the catwalk. The only time I had a really bad view was when they were in the screen (Invisible) and too high up for me to see. I've noticed this time around the screen has changed and can open up?

Would I be able to see Bono during Lights of Home if I was up front along the catwalk? From the videos, he seems to be higher up, standing on the lower part of the screen. Not sure if that is too high up for the people up front to be able to see him. Are there other moments in the show when they are elevated on the catwalk?
Yes, you can see Bono during Lights of Home.

The cage is different this time in that the ramp separates from the cage... so when Bono's on the ramp doing the whole walking towards the lights of heaven thing, the screen/cage is elevated above him.

The only time they're ever actually in the screen now is during Love Is All We Have Left, Blackout, Cedarwood Road and Until The End Of The World.

They come out of it on Elevation after the encore, but don't actually play in it the way they did on Invisible or Real Thing last to around.

I think in Tulsa they played Elevation from the ramp, but they scrapped that and moved it to the e stage.

So long story short, other than the first two songs, they weren't overly creative with the use of the screen this time. They just rehashed what worked the last time (which is my main, and possibly only, problem with the show... the i/e parts should have been left on i/e).

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I'll stick to my usual spot then. My favourite thing about this stage setup is being able to get a good view on the floor without having to line up for long.

I was at the center of the catwalk along the rail and could see the band really well for the whole show, but couldn’t see the screen. I still tried, though, and ended up with a really sore neck. That’s a good spot if you don’t really care about the screen but want to see the band. Bono was hovering right above me during LOH and LIAWHL.

anyone else laughing at all those twats putting up fugly macphisto filter profile pics of themselves all over twitter? :lol:

Finally both my collector tickets for the copenhagen gigs arrived this week. Anyone else got theirs?

Definitely on a box!! Or in the seats.

I am a tall guy with broad shoulders, and I always find myself feeling awful for the shorter people behind me. I try to crouch a little for them, and then I end up in pain. That’s one of the reasons my GA days are done. I’d rather buy a good seat and only attend one concert than buy GA and go to multiple.

got rail for 360, couldn't see a thing

got about 4 rows back from e stage at i + e, couldn't see main stage but had a great view of the e-stage when it was empty - as soon as band appeared, people in front of me would put their arms up to film and - boom - couldn't see a thing :lol:

several tweets reporting that The Unforgettable Fire was soundchecked in cologne

now let's not get too excited but....holy shit??

several tweets reporting that The Unforgettable Fire was soundchecked in cologne

now let's not get too excited but....holy shit??
There's video/around floating around.
Holy fuck...I thought they would never think of playing it again. Then again, I said the same thing about Ultraviolet.

Back
Top Bottom