eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you put your blah-blah-blahs in the wrong place. that's ok.

anyway, you make some interesting points but the reality is that DC is what I said it was. if there is any overriding cultre, it is a culture of opportunism - political and econimic.

that's about it.
I mean... there's a lot more to this city than politics.

If the empty seats are in the uppers, when there's a hanging truss for the AV hardware that would obscure the view of that section in wide shots, I'd say the filming would remain a go.

If the empty seats are in the uppers, when there's a hanging truss for the AV hardware that would obscure the view of that section in wide shots, I'd say the filming would remain a go.

Or they'll only use wide shots from last night when there weren't sections curtained off (I didn't read anything about curtains last night so I'm assuming there were none)

These filmings are often multi night affairs, so they'd be able to take the best shots from both days and exclude anything that shows an obvious curtain.

They could also not be filming the DVD here and just filming some other shit for the website or a video or whatever.

They clearly knew what night 2 was looking like in advance. It's not as if it was a secret that they're only now discovering, so whatever it is that they're doing they would have planned accordingly.

you put your blah-blah-blahs in the wrong place. that's ok.

anyway, you make some interesting points but the reality is that DC is what I said it was. if there is any overriding cultre, it is a culture of opportunism - political and econimic.

that's about it.

Right. You’d know. I haven’t lived in DC for 15 years or anything.

I spent a couple months in DC for work, not that long, but I found it to be a pretty interesting place from a cultural perspective.

But I doubt the band would do an official video there, especially considering the ticket sales. And don't we usually hear a lot more rumors/info when there's a legit home video shoot happening? I went to that Rose Bowl show on 360 and you bet your ass we knew about it being captured for posterity.

I heard Bono was doing something to work on getting Ireland into some UN thing (hello, too lazy to Google tonight), and had invited a slew of ambassadors.

Maybe possibly filming related to something he's planning for that?

Probably not. Never mind. La la la

This incoherent post brought to you by two glasses of rosè.

Baby it's a Red Wine Day
Baby forgot to drink water
Taking off work the next day
Cuz your head is feelin' sore

Not in good shape today
Too many pours in the glass last night
One thing that Cori can't say
Is "no more", no moorrrrrreee

Right. You’d know. I haven’t lived in DC for 15 years or anything.

you're right. DC is not a political town first and foremost, full of lobbyists, government contract beggars and other nafarious creatures. it's really more like Paris, Milan, Barcelona or even New York. Full of artists and such.

I heard Bono was doing something to work on getting Ireland into some UN thing (hello, too lazy to Google tonight), and had invited a slew of ambassadors.

Maybe possibly filming related to something he's planning for that?

Probably not. Never mind. La la la

he is attempting to get Ireland voted onto the UN Security Council.

Desparate times, desparate measures.

you're right. DC is not a political town first and foremost, full of lobbyists, government contract beggars and other nafarious creatures. it's really more like Paris, Milan, Barcelona or even New York. Full of artists and such.

Is Brussels also what you refer to? London?

How do you validate your opinion of DC? Do you live here?

And let’s curb you even further - have you ever been to Milan? Barcelona? Personally it’s been too long since I’ve been in Barcelona, but having been in Milan just last year, I can definitely say that city is rife with “shithole” and struggles to maintain its glorious upscale ends - I much preferred being next door in Torino.

Anyways, a fair correlative measure to a city’s “culture” as I relate it to my field is type and volume of air traffic. For that, DC is a top-10 American city. It’s also, to no coincidence, a top-10 most visited city in the country.

And just because a place manages to be filled with politics and “nefarious” ‘people’ does not mean that stuff replaces or is the culture of that city.

And let’s curb you even further - have you ever been to Milan? Barcelona? Personally it’s been too long since I’ve been in Barcelona, but having been in Milan just last year, I can definitely say that city is rife with “shithole” and struggles to maintain its glorious upscale ends - I much preferred being next door in Torino.

Anyways, a fair correlative measure to a city’s “culture” as I relate it to my field is type and volume of air traffic. For that, DC is a top-10 American city. It’s also, to no coincidence, a top-10 most visited city in the country.

And just because a place manages to be filled with politics and “nefarious” ‘people’ does not mean that stuff replaces or is the culture of that city.
No. We're all politicians and lobbyists. And scum. Talentless scum.

Yes I have been to all the places you mention.

But you seem to be missing the point, or are just arguing for the sake of arguing. DC simply is not considered a cultural center. Yes it has some great museums and history, but it is first and foremost political and its economy revolves around government. I have spent much time working in DC but you do not need to live there to understand this any more than you need to live in Calgary to understand its economy revolves around energy production or in New York to know that it is a media and financial center.

Cultural centers do not simply offer theaters and shows. They break ground and influence the rest of the country, and the world. They set trends and export their culture. In no way does DC offer that in any sense of the imagination the way that we think of the world's true cultural centers.

But hey, go ahead and believe otherwise if it makes you feel better.

Yes I have been to all the places you mention.

But you seem to be missing the point, or are just arguing for the sake of arguing. DC simply is not considered a cultural center. Yes it has some great museums and history, but it is first and foremost political and its economy revolves around government. I have spent much time working in DC but you do not need to live there to understand this any more than you need to live in Calgary to understand its economy revolves around energy production or in New York to know that it is a media and financial center.

Cultural centers do not simply offer theaters and shows. They break ground and influence the rest of the country, and the world. They set trends and export their culture. In no way does DC offer that in any sense of the imagination the way that we think of the world's true cultural centers.

But hey, go ahead and believe otherwise if it makes you feel better.

Who is arguing for the sake of arguing? *everyone else* or *you*? You’re stating something as a fact (it’s not), and everyone disagrees with you.

You didn’t answer half of my questions.

Anyways, keep splaining life to us all, thx.

Back
Top Bottom