eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was able to get 2 GA tickets to Night 2 in DC during the Citi on-sale. Even though I had success, it doesn't negate my feeling that they should make these tickets available to fan club members first. I got shut out in the Innocence pre-sale for the very same show yesterday. That's still frustrating despite my good fortune today.
The Citi presale is likely a contractual Live Nation obligation and non negotiable

HOW DID YOU KNOW MY WIFE'S REAL NAME???? !

emma.jpg

The Citi presale is likely a contractual Live Nation obligation and non negotiable

The reason I have an AMEX was U2 and ticketmaster and presages offers. Get a CC, ruin your credit and you can get double the tickets using Citicard! U2.com makes 40-50 bucks a year, a credit card I can only assume if you're like me 50 to 100K charge and most of it you can't even pay back! yeah!!!!!!

Yeah, they still have that stupid glitch that shows they're available, but then says "oops, another fan beat you to this ticket" when you try and add it to your cart.

I'm annoyed that if you go through the U2.com link to try and register for general sale for the two new dates, it says "registration ends tomorrow at 1 EST, and Montreal is the only one available to register for right now."

WTF. Are we going to get, like, a surprise one-hour window in which to register?

I still have a ticket left on my code, so I'm sure I'll get what I need for San Jose 2 in the first presale, but I want to try for a ticket for a friend. This is so stupid. How the hell can they make every little detail so confusing and difficult?

Has anyone taken a good look at the Onsale dates/times for Boston2 (for example)? Talk about confusing!

Onsale to General Public
Tue 12/05/17 02:00 pm EST

eXPERIENCE GROUP Presale
Start: Tue 11/28/17 10:00 am EST
End: Thu 11/30/17 05:00 pm EST

VIP Packages Presale
Start: Tue 11/28/17 10:00 am EST
End: Thu 11/30/17 10:00 pm EST

iNNOCENCE GROUP Presale
Start: Wed 11/29/17 01:00 pm EST
End: Thu 11/30/17 05:00 pm EST

Citi Verified Fan Presale
Start: Thu 11/30/17 09:00 am EST
End: Sat 12/02/17 05:00 pm EST

Citi VIP Packages Presale
Start: Thu 11/30/17 09:00 am EST
End: Sat 12/02/17 05:00 pm EST

Verified Fan Onsale
Start: Tue 12/05/17 10:00 am EST
End: Tue 12/05/17 01:59 pm EST

Citi Preferred Verified Fan Onsale

Verified Fan VIP Packages Onsale

Citi Preferred Onsale
Start: Tue 12/05/17 02:00 pm EST
End: Fri 05/25/18 10:00 pm EDT

VIP Packages Onsale
Start: Tue 12/05/17 02:00 pm EST
End: Fri 06/08/18 10:00 pm EDT​

I added the red, and marked the presales that have already launched in italics. It would appear that VerifiedFans will have have first shot in the general sale on Tuesday morning (at the same time as Citi Preferred VerifiedFans) - and everyone else that afternoon, presumably with no VF required?

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

So is this all the American shows announced now? 24 shows all together. They did 36 American shows on the i&e tour

Last edited:
So is this all the American shows announced now? 24 shows all together. They did 36 American shows on the i&e tour

1. Tulsa
2. St. Louis
3. San Jose
4. San Jose
5. Vegas
6. Vegas
7. LA
8. LA
(room for more in LA, but who knows?)
9. Chicago
10. Chicago
11. Nashville
12. Atlanta
13. Atlanta (eventually)
14. Montreal
15. Montreal
16. Uniondale
17. Uniondale (eventually)
18. Philly
19. Philly
20. DC
21. DC
22. Boston
23. Boston
24. MSG
25. MSG
26. Newark
27. Newark (eventually)

That's a pretty wimpy tour leg. They could have easily done 40 shows. I'm kinda of surprised at some of the places they left out. Texas, Florida, Toronto, Canadian Prairie, Pacific Northwest, the entire midwest besides Chicago, Carolinas. I know the JT Tour took care of a lot of these areas, but I still think cities like Dallas, Detroit or Miami could've supported a E&I show.

Last edited:
I don't know that Long Island and Newark have sold well enough to put a 2nd show in either, much less both. A 2nd night in Newark, on a Saturday as "last US show of the year/tour" might do ok, but don't know how much longer they want to drag out adding shows around any excitement for an album which will be officially out any hour now.

Was able to grab a lone GA for St. Louis during the Innocence presale but got locked out of GA for Nashville.

Never been in this situation before, so I was wondering if it is likely for more GA tickets to drop sometime before the show (based on past experiences)?

Still can't register for verified fan for public sale for the new shows, using the U2.com links. cool.

I doubt there's a second LI show, but I do think they'll add in a second NJ show.

Or perhaps that's wishful thinking for a Saturday show so that I can actually go to one NYC area show this tour.

this is my thinking too. doubt you'll see a second show in Uniondale. better off actually putting one in Hartford than a second in Uniondale, especially if there's only two in Boston and MSG.

The XL Center is garbage, though, so I'm not holding my breath on Connecticut getting a show.

1. Tulsa
2. St. Louis
3. San Jose
4. San Jose
5. Vegas
6. Vegas
7. LA
8. LA
(room for more in LA, but who knows?)
9. Chicago
10. Chicago
11. Nashville
12. Atlanta
13. Atlanta (eventually)
14. Montreal
15. Montreal
16. Uniondale
17. Uniondale (eventually)
18. Philly
19. Philly
20. DC
21. DC
22. Boston
23. Boston
24. MSG
25. MSG
26. Newark
27. Newark (eventually)

That's a pretty wimpy tour leg. They could have easily done 40 shows. I'm kinda of surprised at some of the places they left out. Texas, Florida, Toronto, Canadian Prairie, Pacific Northwest, the entire midwest besides Chicago, Carolinas. I know the JT Tour took care of a lot of these areas, but I still think cities like Dallas, Detroit or Miami could've supported a E&I show.

Well it's 24 more shows than has been announced anywhere else, plus they did 3 times as many shows this year than the whole of Europe got. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do another leg in the autumn

this is my thinking too. doubt you'll see a second show in Uniondale. better off actually putting one in Hartford than a second in Uniondale, especially if there's only two in Boston and MSG.

The XL Center is garbage, though, so I'm not holding my breath on Connecticut getting a show.
Hot garbage.

Although the only concert I saw there, Springsteen, was one of my favorites.

. I know the JT Tour took care of a lot of these areas, but I still think cities like Dallas, Detroit or Miami could've supported a E&I show.

I can only guess the reason being over saturation, or the fear thereof, is keeping them from these and other markets.

Had they not hit these cities with JT30 last year it's hard to imagine these locations skipped this time around.

Then again, they did skip the entire SE for the 2015 run.

Back
Top Bottom