SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2 - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-09-2017, 02:09 AM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,619
Local Time: 09:03 AM
did U2 practice and run thru the entire show before the start of I&E tour? just wondering
__________________

__________________
Mack_Again is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:10 AM   #152
War Child
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 642
Local Time: 09:03 AM
I'm going to seriously bet the new song ends the show. no way they just stopped rehearsing it. I know the light show has continued after the band ends...

I'm sure there's some thematic/visual appeal to the way the encore is laid out. MS has obvious themes present. One....I mean no reason this doesn't fit. BD-Ultraviolet is a good transition. the new song would be a neat way to go out

throwing Vertigo or Elevation would be weird. and anyway, you guys want to see those songs again for the billionth time??? I'd rather see UV, MS, and a new song any day.

whoever said they were one of three people excited about Miss Sarajevo this tour, count me in too.
__________________

__________________
nitebusnitebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:14 AM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,252
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Well, we want to see more songs as long as they're good. People can have their own idiosyncratic tastes, but for most ticket buyers, Elevation and Vertigo are great tunes that add to the show. We're not saying we'd prefer to hear those songs, mind you.

For the most part, Songs of Innocence material is like the only U2 stuff that I wouldn't want to see. It's that bad where I would rather just get home earlier. Like sitting through an opener or main act that you don't really like so you wonder why you're there in the first place. Anything else U2 would be welcomed by me. And if the next album is as rubbish, I won't even attend future I&E dates.



Got to ask about In God's Country, is Larry even playing drums during it? I figure it could just be Bono/Edge and then Adam can chime in with a bass rumble so that Edge can switch to the electric in time. Doesn't seem like it would really need the drums at all and could give Larry a bit of a break.

MLK is obviously another point where he can just sit there early on in the show.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:14 AM   #154
Acrobat
 
birdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 441
Local Time: 01:03 AM
ASOH is definitely not one of my favourite U2 songs #MIMITW
__________________
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:19 AM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,252
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Opening with Sunday Bloody Sunday/New Year's Day might not be as weird as it sounds. For one thing, a stadium audience is going to go apeshit for a one-two punch like that as I can't recall U2 ever opening with such monster smash hits back-to-back in quite some time....I think Elevation had a lot of shows that went Elevation > Beautiful Day though and that was also very high energy. Truthfully, those shows really were packed with a lot of BIG tunes right away.

Anyway, it makes sense since those are the two songs that introduced most of the world to U2. They were a budding act with the college crowd and had some minor chart success, but War is clearly when the doors were thrown wide open. It's also possible that they don't want to really touch the early stuff again since that was a huge part of the I&E opening.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:23 AM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,619
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Well, we want to see more songs as long as they're good. People can have their own idiosyncratic tastes, but for most ticket buyers, Elevation and Vertigo are great tunes that add to the show. We're not saying we'd prefer to hear those songs, mind you.

For the most part, Songs of Innocence material is like the only U2 stuff that I wouldn't want to see. It's that bad where I would rather just get home earlier. Like sitting through an opener or main act that you don't really like so you wonder why you're there in the first place. Anything else U2 would be welcomed by me. And if the next album is as rubbish, I won't even attend future I&E dates.



Got to ask about In God's Country, is Larry even playing drums during it? I figure it could just be Bono/Edge and then Adam can chime in with a bass rumble so that Edge can switch to the electric in time. Doesn't seem like it would really need the drums at all and could give Larry a bit of a break.

MLK is obviously another point where he can just sit there early on in the show.
(Sounds like your analysis needs bit more nuance but ok)
__________________
Mack_Again is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:27 AM   #157
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 06:03 AM
I haven't been following along closely, has In God's Country only been played acoustically? BMP's post seems to imply so. That's horrible news if true.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:28 AM   #158
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 241
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I haven't been following along closely, has In God's Country only been played acoustically? BMP's post seems to imply so. That's horrible news if true.
No it's full band
__________________
jimyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:30 AM   #159
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyc View Post
No it's full band

Oh, thank God. Full band IGC is one of the songs I'm most looking forward to.

That and ASOH.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:35 AM   #160
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 241
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Production crew is playing with lights again inside BC Place after at lengthy break (no audio)
__________________
jimyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:36 AM   #161
The Fly
 
vandesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 132
Local Time: 09:03 AM
They were rehearsing Wire, and it sounded great, I would be up for that. i'd take it over MLK if I had to choose between TUF choices.

I think ASOH makes complete sense given the more nostalgic theme to this tour, it is a bit of Homecoming for long time fans. I would be good with the inclusion of this.

I wouldn't mind losing MS, but it doesn't sound like that is where it is heading.

I too think that 21 is too short, they should add a little something more. I would like some R&H, like God, Part II and All I want is you. Bad would also be appreciated.

Lets face it there are a lot of songs we would like to hear, 26 while fantastic, will never be enough, 21 I could live with, but would want more. But it will nice to hear some live that haven't happened in a long time.
__________________
vandesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:40 AM   #162
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,619
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I haven't been following along closely, has In God's Country only been played acoustically? BMP's post seems to imply so. That's horrible news if true.
It's full band but Edge apparently strums acoustic during the intro. however he changes back to electric for solo parts. that's what I've heard.
__________________
Mack_Again is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:42 AM   #163
Acrobat
 
birdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 441
Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandesa View Post
They were rehearsing Wire, and it sounded great, I would be up for that. i'd take it over MLK if I had to choose between TUF choices.
Playing Wire, is them really living up to my expectations for the concept of a revival tour.
__________________
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:43 AM   #164
Acrobat
 
birdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 441
Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
It's full band but Edge apparently strums acoustic during the intro.
That choice is for crowd participation, right?
__________________
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:48 AM   #165
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 241
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Playing Wire, is them really living up to my expectations for the concept of a revival tour.
Would be a very Vancouver appropriate song actually
__________________

__________________
jimyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com