SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as the entire Joshua Tree, New Year's Day, A Sort of Homecoming and Ultraviolet are in the setlist and stay put, I will refrain from complaining. NYD, ASOH & UV are 3 of my "must hear live" U2 songs, and playing JT from start to finish is a huge bonus.

I guess they are not playing any covers which were so prominent in the first tour.

Are you new to this band? They have been playing it non stop for the last 4 tours.

They played Elevation at just 32 of 76 IE shows.

Great tune. I have never heard it live.

You, and anybody else who didn't see the band in 1984-85.

They have played tracks in rehearsal that they have not performed live. See Drowning Man in Dublin 2009.

Not to mention One Step Closer and Playboy Mansion before IE in 2015.

As long as the entire Joshua Tree, New Year's Day, A Sort of Homecoming and Ultraviolet are in the setlist and stay put, I will refrain from complaining.

As long as they play Dirty Day, I will refrain from complaining.

They have played tracks in rehearsal that they have not performed live. See Drowning Man in Dublin 2009.

I think you are mistaking " more likely" for "will definitely be"

I never said it would be played.

Ultraviolet is an obvious choice if they've got some big plans for lighting. The Fly could also rotate to fulfill this role, especially after the intermission tease on I+E.

When 18 in a run of 27 posts are one person, it stops being a conversation, and starts being you talking to yourself. Most of your posts could have been consolidated into one.

Yeah, and they're mostly empty one-liners that contribute little to the discussion. Stop spamming, mate.

Ultraviolet is an obvious choice if they've got some big plans for lighting. The Fly could also rotate to fulfill this role, especially after the intermission tease on I+E.
I think they might view those songs as interchangeable in era and role.

Was Elevation by the band? Somebody on Twitter reckons it wasn't live.

That I can't say for sure. The volume level was lower today but there was what sounded to me like live rehearsal today (lots of bits and pieces) and Elevation was heard amongst it all near the end.

That I can't say for sure. The volume level was lower today but there was what sounded to me like live rehearsal today (lots of bits and pieces) and Elevation was heard amongst it all near the end.

Cheers mate. Be interesting to see if it shows up in the set. It's not a song I'd choose to be there but it's a better choice for stadiums than UV or Miss Sarajevo.

As I was watching periscope and hearing soundcheck last night, it kind of struck me that the setlist before the encore is a near identical one to the Joshua Tree tour in 87... however, they're missing Bad, Gloria, 40 and even I Will Follow.

I don't really like the idea of Beautiful Day, Ultraviolet and Miss Sarajevo entering this kind of tour when it's more of a 30th anniversary tour. I would hope that the people going to this tour would want to hear 80's songs and not 90's.

If I was to come up with a better setlist, I'd imagine it look something like this.

1. Gloria
2. I Will Follow
3. A Sort of Homecoming
4. October
5. New Year's Day
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
7. Pride (In the Name of Love)
8. MLK
9. Where the Streets Have No Name
10. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for
11. With Or Without You
12. Bullet the Blue Sky
13. Running to Stand Still
14. Red Hill Mining Town
15. In God's Country
16. Trip Through Your Wires
17. One Tree Hill
18. Exit
19. Mothers of the Disappeared

ENCORE:

20. Spanish Eyes
21. Bad
22. The Little Things That Give You Away (one exception)
23. 40

To me, that seems like a more appropriate throwback anniversary setlist.

Stopped after 2 minutes of Streets.

Then another run through of the same transition. BC Place turns extremely red for this

Last edited:
I don't think they'll be rehearsing on Wednesday since it's Bono's birthday. Betting on a full rehearsal on Thursday, since they have a day off on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom