Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
16 down, 35 to go (assuming one more gets added in Brazil)

bootleg for last night's DC show is already up on u2start!!

Nice article with Adam. It's interesting in that he says he's been sober for 19 years...that would be about 1998. I was under the impression that he got clean sometime after he missed the show in Sydney in 1993 due to a massive hangover. So i just assumed he got sober in 1994-1995. But i guess he was still drinking all the way through the Pop album (1997).

Either way, great job on all accounts, Adam !:love:

Do we think they'll do anything special for Arizona? Flights to Phoenix can be had pretty cheap, and it's probably my last shot at GA.

They will do nothing out of the ordinary. If a standard U2 show is special enough then you should definitely go, I'm sure it'll be great! But don't go expecting something rare or region specific... IGC is already in the set permanently.

Nice article with Adam. It's interesting in that he says he's been sober for 19 years...that would be about 1998. I was under the impression that he got clean sometime after he missed the show in Sydney in 1993 due to a massive hangover. So i just assumed he got sober in 1994-1995. But i guess he was still drinking all the way through the Pop album (1997).

Well, for a lot of addicts, sobriety doesn't necessarily "take" on the first try. Entirely possible he started working on it earlier. Or was sober a few years then relapsed, but hasn't had a relapse since '98. I think most recovering addicts start over with their timeline of sobriety if they relapse.

Well, for a lot of addicts, sobriety doesn't necessarily "take" on the first try. Entirely possible he started working on it earlier. Or was sober a few years then relapsed, but hasn't had a relapse since '98. I think most recovering addicts start over with their timeline of sobriety if they relapse.

He still rolls a joint, right?

I'm assuming he stopped drinking in 1993 but continued with marijuana until 1998 or so. Perhaps he's been 19 years completely clean, as opposed to just sober.

bootleg for last night's DC show is already up on u2start!!
Praise Jesus, it sounds decent

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

But one issue is I always have to cut and slice the tracks to get them where I want them (e.g. the Steve Scalise speech is at the end of NYD instead of the beginning of Bad or its own track).

Last edited:
U2start also has a great IEM/Audience mix from Vancouver. Happy to have something of such good quality for my iPod. <3

Looks like more tickets for the September US shows have been discounted. I see some cheaper tickets available for just about every show than what was available at the end of last week. Didn't check everything but it looks like Detroit and San Diego marked some tickets down today.

And by discounted, I just mean that some tickets have been moved down to the next tier. A few that used to be 100 are now 70. Some that were 295 are now 165. Etc.

Did they really pull a Coldplay and raise ticket prices for the second leg? I thought they remained the same.

So I just saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Garth Brooks is going to be playing the first concert in Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium on October 12th. The first football game is scheduled for August 26th. Seems like it would've been ready for U2 in mid September, but maybe Garth won the bid to do the stadium's first concert? Maybe they just wanted him to do it because he's a country singer and it's the south?

So I just saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Garth Brooks is going to be playing the first concert in Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium on October 12th. The first football game is scheduled for August 26th. Seems like it would've been ready for U2 in mid September, but maybe Garth won the bid to do the stadium's first concert? Maybe they just wanted him to do it because he's a country singer and it's the south?

Great. I'll start coordinating the GA line for Garth. There is also an MLS team playing in the stadium so there may be scheduling conflicts there. We didn't need a new stadium and construction has been a fiasco from day one. Glad I made it out to see them in LA.

They are also planning an unnecessary renovation to our arena. Probably just in time for the SOE tour.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to splice audio files together? The DC bootleg was set up so I could make speeches their own track, but Walter Trump is split between the end of One Tree Hill and the beginning of Exit. No big deal since it's a 20 second bit, but was wondering if anyone knew how I could split out the two parts and then merge the files so I can have a separate audio track for all of Walter Trump.

Back
Top Bottom