Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came back from Mike McCready's NYC stop on his book tour. An audience member asked what he thought about their variable shows versus other bands with static setlists "like U2 who mail it in night after night." Some laughter, smattering of applause, more booing. A nerve had been touched. Mike was respectful and mentioned how they're different bands and U2 "plays to a grid" which struck me as a nice way of saying overly choreographed.

He was on Jim Norton and Sam Roberts this morning. Said one of the in-band fights they used to have was whether they would try to be as big as U2. They were split on it- McCready wanted to be big, Eddie was on the other side.

Just came back from Mike McCready's NYC stop on his book tour. An audience member asked what he thought about their variable shows versus other bands with static setlists "like U2 who mail it in night after night." Some laughter, smattering of applause, more booing. A nerve had been touched. Mike was respectful and mentioned how they're different bands and U2 "plays to a grid" which struck me as a nice way of saying overly choreographed.

You should have asked Mike why he only did Seattle and NYC for his book signing "tour".

I called Ticketmaster. They told me the presale is sold out. I had my RZ tickets in the cart with plenty of time, and it said it couldn't access the server. Lost them. Now I'm screwed.

Yes I purchased 2 tickets for Chicago, Thats all.

Any other browser (IE) you can try? My code only has 1 ticket left on it and it does work for MPLS.

I kept reloading the TM page at first, then closed that tab, went to the U2.com link from the tours page and then it finally loaded. Empty your cache?

Not true! I just added a single RZ to my cart. (not buying)

TIlLetc.jpg

I called Ticketmaster. They told me the presale is sold out. I had my RZ tickets in the cart with plenty of time, and it said it couldn't access the server. Lost them. Now I'm screwed.

Which show are you buying for?
ignore; must be Mpls right?
I can't imagine RZ tix can be anywhere near sold out for that market

This is the mpls map as of 10:38am cdt. Their site definitely has issues with Chrome on a pc, because I've got to the page and it's just blank and it takes a lot of messing around to get the page to fully load.

gyzVen3.jpg

U2.com board says issues are being reported. Was able to pull one GA down, but not two that I should've gotten with the code (said it didn't allow that or whatever). Mobile app isn't working for me either.

Looks like they smartened up a bit, only 4 lower sections in KC have $290 tix, 101, 102, 118 & 119. So you can get a decent reserved in section 120 or 136 for $165.00. Not sure if other shows are similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom