Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #136
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
This isn't a "NYC is better than Boston errrmagod" thing... but I'd say MetLife and here's why.

First, neither stadium is in Boston or NYC. Both are in surrounding suburbs. I actually think Gillette is the nicer stadium... but getting in and out of that piece is an absolute nightmare. Not that getting in and out of MetLife is a walk in the park, but compared to Gillette is night and day.
Yeah i knew that Gilette is in Foxborough and that Metlife is in East Rutherford I watch alot of NFL so..

Too bad i hate both teams that plays in those stadiums (Cowboys fan here so come at me! )

Old 05-08-2017, 09:12 AM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:09 AM
Agree with Headache.

It's much easier to get in and out of MetLife. Route 1 is a disaster in Foxboro at the end of a Pats game, and it's even worse for concerts. I suggest parking further up on Rt. 1 and walking to the stadium 1-2 miles to make it easier on yourself if you end up going to Foxboro.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #138
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinski View Post
Yeah i knew that Gilette is in Foxborough and that Metlife is in East Rutherford I watch alot of NFL so..

Too bad i hate both teams that plays in those stadiums (Cowboys fan here so come at me! )
ahhh. got'cha.

in that case, go to Gillette. And drive, it'll be fine. No issues, whatsoever.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

I am going to Gillette and would have to concur that Metlife may be preferable only in terms of ease of accessibility. Gillette is a nightmare to get in and out of traffic wise.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #140
Blue Crack Distributor

Gillette has a couple of restaurants and stores outside the stadium, which is nice... MetLife doesn't have anything. The stadiums themselves... The layout in Gillette is a little more unique than the cookie cutter MetLife, but a stadium is a stadium and both have seats, clubs and beer.

Both have mass transit, although MetLife has more options and I believe is a quicker ride (it's about 30 minutes by train from Penn Station, and only 30 minutes because you have to transfer at Secaucus). When they first installed the train line into the Meadowlands the first major gig they had ironically enough was 360, and they were not prepared for the sheer number of people taking the train over driving. They've smoothed things out considerably since then... I took the train to Springsteen last August and was seat to bed in about an hour.

A shortcut for the train is to take it from Hoboken rather than Penn Station... as you won't have to transfer at Secaucus. This is an especially great option if you don't need to get back to midtown.

Getting out of MetLife by car isn't fun, but barring any major traffic incident it's no worse than any other stadium.

Gillette is an unmitigated disaster getting out by car. There is one main road in and out and the nearest highways are miles away. If you do choose Gillette, just be prepared to tailgate post concert as you won't be going anywhere for quite a while (talking at least an hour here, if not two).
Old 05-08-2017, 10:47 AM   #141
War Child

I asked in the venue thread, but seems more likely to get an answer here. Does anyone have any experience taking the train from Boston to Gillette? How long do they run after the concert? We have hotel reservations in Boston and Foxborough, but it might be worse trying to get back to Boston the next day rather than after the concert. Do trains run back and forth to Gillette every day?
Old 05-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Trains to Gillette are only on days of games/concerts, its not a regular commuter rail stop. So you'd have to either get the train back to Boston the night of the show, or if you stay in Foxboro the next day take a cab/Uber to the nearest normal commuter rail station. (which I'd guess is Walpole)
Old 05-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Gillette has a couple of restaurants and stores outside the stadium, which is nice... MetLife doesn't have anything. The stadiums themselves... The layout in Gillette is a little more unique than the cookie cutter MetLife, but a stadium is a stadium and both have seats, clubs and beer.

).
This is something else to consider
If you go to Gillette, the stadium is surrounded by Patriot Place, an outdoor mall area with a bunch of shops, some restaurants etc, which could fill up some time before the show.
Patriot Place | Boston | Foxborough | Movie Theater | Restaurants
Old 05-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #144
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Trains to Gillette are only on days of games/concerts, its not a regular commuter rail stop. So you'd have to either get the train back to Boston the night of the show, or if you stay in Foxboro the next day take a cab/Uber to the nearest normal commuter rail station. (which I'd guess is Walpole)
Okay, thanks!
Old 05-09-2017, 01:40 AM   #145
Acrobat

Quote:

Both have mass transit, although MetLife has more options and I believe is a quicker ride (it's about 30 minutes by train from Penn Station, and only 30 minutes because you have to transfer at Secaucus). When they first installed the train line into the Meadowlands the first major gig they had ironically enough was 360, and they were not prepared for the sheer number of people taking the train over driving. They've smoothed things out considerably since then... I took the train to Springsteen last August and was seat to bed in about an hour.

A shortcut for the train is to take it from Hoboken rather than Penn Station... as you won't have to transfer at Secaucus. This is an especially great option if you don't need to get back to midtown.

Getting out of MetLife by car isn't fun, but barring any major traffic incident it's no worse than any other stadium.

Gillette is an unmitigated disaster getting out by car. There is one main road in and out and the nearest highways are miles away. If you do choose Gillette, just be prepared to tailgate post concert as you won't be going anywhere for quite a while (talking at least an hour here, if not two).
Think i will skip Gilette then since i am coming via Sweden and will go around by mass transit. Subway, trains etc. Just need more research about those Hoboken stops and so on, i kind off know where Penn Station is after my last trip to NYC in 2015.

My hotel is kinda in China town close to Manhattan Bridge. Called Leon Hotel.

edit: How do i get from Manhattan to Hoboken the easiest way? Subways doesnt run to NJ.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:56 AM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Okay, I finally bought a GA for Louisville yesterday.
That makes 7 shows on this tour!
Old 05-09-2017, 06:23 AM   #147
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinski View Post
Think i will skip Gilette then since i am coming via Sweden and will go around by mass transit. Subway, trains etc. Just need more research about those Hoboken stops and so on, i kind off know where Penn Station is after my last trip to NYC in 2015.

My hotel is kinda in China town close to Manhattan Bridge. Called Leon Hotel.

edit: How do i get from Manhattan to Hoboken the easiest way? Subways doesnt run to NJ.
Oh but it does... Just not the one you're​ thinking of.

http://www.panynj.gov/path/

Ideally you'd get there before 11 and take the PATH from Hoboken to WTC, as that's closer to Chinatown. But that timing is unlikely. So best bet is to hop one stop to Christopher Street and grab a cab.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #148
War Child

No idea how official these are or if they'll happen to be for sale besides online, but pretty cool.

U2 Posters | ScrivPrints
Old 05-10-2017, 03:33 AM   #149
Acrobat

I'd prefer GA obviously but dont wanna risk missing out either. If im gonna shell out 280 bucks. What of these seats are the best? This is at Metlife.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:16 AM   #150
Acrobat

I caved and got the 111A row 19 tickets. Seems to be a great view on the stage from that section.

If this picture is anything to go on its a pretty great view from that section even if this pic is taken from 11 rows higher up. MetLife Stadium, section 111A, row 30, seat 5 - One Direction tour: On The Road Again Tour, shared by rominav

Ordered will call, so i guess you get the ticket at the venue then after showing ID?

Now hoping for a GA ticket drop for 28th, then i can go to both. Cant justify spending $600+ on seats.