How about a bit of spontaneity ?? Is this the most laziest tour ever - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #76
The Fly

Local Time: 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesd72 View Post
First thing it was a joy seeing JT played live , nothing can take that enjoyment away.

Outside the JT setlist , this really feels like a lazy showupforthemoney type gig . There is zero spontaneity and it now feels like a U2 gig is nothing more than like going to a theatre where the script is set with act one and act two firmly adhere too.

This has to be the worst encore set ever and not even trying to mix it up is very sad indeed.
As much as I tend to agree and that this tour in general does feel rather stale. Haven't U2 always been a tightly rehearsed band. To the point where even every step was choreographed?

Old 07-30-2017, 12:11 AM   #77
War Child

Local Time: 06:06 AM
I am certain that Bono's break dance moves in the middle of Exit throughout this tour have not been and will not ever be choreographed.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:38 AM   #78
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhill View Post
Who says they can't change now? .
Reality?
Old 07-30-2017, 06:41 AM   #79
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
the goal is soul, but the tour is a bore.

many, many fans are checking out.

good luck with the next album, in 2018, 19 or whenever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
No surprise that you confuse good PR with a great show/tour.

If that's your yardstick, U2 are doing it all to plan. Love that you love it. I really do. God bless.
Orgeporgia, you can't have it both ways.

In the first post you say fans are checking out and good luck with the next album... when that's countered, you change to "difference between good PR and a good tour"

You're contradicting your self (shocker!)
Old 07-30-2017, 06:49 AM   #80
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:06 PM
We're gonna go away and dream up porkchops again
Old 07-30-2017, 08:13 AM   #81
45:33

Local Time: 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Orgeporgia, you can't have it both ways.

In the first post you say fans are checking out and good luck with the next album... when that's countered, you change to "difference between good PR and a good tour"

You're contradicting your self (shocker!)
you reckon that's him???
Old 07-30-2017, 08:22 PM   #82
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
you reckon that's him???
One would think that someone would be offended at being called a member who was banned for being outed as a white nationalist...
Old 07-31-2017, 11:46 AM   #83
War Child

While I enjoyed the 2nd night in Amsterdam much more than the first somehow (bar not having Bad again) It just left some sort of sour taste in my mouth, usually going to all Dutch dates ment something special to me, songlist wise. But now it all felt a bit scripted, I already knew I was gonna get I will follow when Mysterious ways was ommited. And with the solo being re-added, I didn't think that was a good thing

It all feels a bit lazy or business-like. Bono thinking of shine like stars during WOWY, putting mic against his face but still opts not to do it and remain quiet, then still waiting until after the song, I dunno, it was them following a script to the letter without any inspiration or spontaneity.

First half is superb though, 10 times better than the I/E tour. Was great hearing Bad as usual, ASOH, OTH, RTSS, didn't think Mothers of the Disappeared would be my favourite to hear beforehand, truly amazing.

Block of Elevation/Vertigo I just can't ever enjoy though, extremely boring encore What happened to Ultravoilet too? Used to be my favourite U2 song and on the 360 tour it was brilliant, now it felt very 'meh'. low energy.

Heck I missed the acoustic middle part of earlier tours and I always used to dread them if they went with Angel of Harlem+Desire combo, at least at that segment they'd alternate heavily between nights, something different at least.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #84
Acrobat

I'm usually critic about the lack of spontaneity but this time the tour is very different, I wouldn't expect nor ask for something much different from what we're seeing each night.

First half is amazing (and trust me, usually I don't care that much about their 80s era) and the encore is pretty decent - they must stick to some of their most vibrant tunes to end the show on a high note.
The only song I think it's not that good is Miss Sarajevo but the rest is awesome. The sequence BDay - Elevation - Vertigo just turns a stadium into a real volcano, they get a massive reaction from the croud, and that's what we should expect from an encore.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:58 PM   #85
New Yorker

Elevation and vertigo you could argue are the most well received songs out the whole set
Old 07-31-2017, 05:44 PM   #86
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
One would think that someone would be offended at being called a member who was banned for being outed as a white nationalist...

He's definitely an alter, and I'm guessing a Trump supporter, but I have doubts he's Orangeropa. O's alters still like U2, and if he was pretending to be a progressive he'd say something over the top stereotypical liberal via Hannity/Tucker.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:48 AM   #87
Refugee

Local Time: 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainmaniac View Post
I'm usually critic about the lack of spontaneity but this time the tour is very different, I wouldn't expect nor ask for something much different from what we're seeing each night.

First half is amazing (and trust me, usually I don't care that much about their 80s era) and the encore is pretty decent - they must stick to some of their most vibrant tunes to end the show on a high note.
The only song I think it's not that good is Miss Sarajevo but the rest is awesome. The sequence BDay - Elevation - Vertigo just turns a stadium into a real volcano, they get a massive reaction from the croud, and that's what we should expect from an encore.
Yes, this (although I do care a lot about their 80s era).

The first four songs are great, great energy. Then JT came full circle, can't understand anyone would complain about that. I've heard Beautiful Day, Elevation and Vertigo way too many times, but the crowd went wild, I really enjoyed them. Ultraviolet is not as good as it was in 1992/1993 and the 360 versions were slightly better, but it's still a gem. I Will Follow was a high energetic closer, the whole stadium went nuts.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #88
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:06 AM
oh dear, you people are as hilarious as ever. you don't like or agree with the criticism, so - let's see - yes must be a white nationalist! No way is he a progressive like us - can't be! Loves Trump! Woo-hoo!
Old 08-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #89
Blue Crack Distributor

Still not a denial
Old 08-02-2017, 06:28 PM   #90
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:06 AM
Quote:
Still not a denial
because there is nothing to deny. and if there was, and I denied it, you'd call me a liar.

but if it makes you happy, that's fantastic.