How about a bit of spontaneity ?? Is this the most laziest tour ever - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #136
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
First of all, I never said you were a white nationalist.

You can hold opinions all day everyday, I'm not going to argue opinions. That's just dumb. But when someone says, I don't like current U2 because; Bono's never done this before, this is the first time U2 _____, and they've become _______, and each one of the individual points is categorically wrong then I have to question your perception. You may think it's semantics, but you've made plenty of statements that come with measurables, that are completely baseless.

I'd prefer if you just said I don't like current u2 because they're old and Bono's fat. I wouldn't believe you to be disingenuous with that statement.
let's be clear, since you seem to get excited about specifics with respect to opinions:

many months ago - before the tour started - I expressed strong misgivings about Bono's rants on Trump during the 2 special event shows they did. The rants and visuals against Trump were like nothing they ever did before, and in my view (and what I said) was that they had better be careful in trying stunts like that on the upcoming tour.

Then, I was lambasted for this by several folks who told me 'they've always been political' blah blah blah. Yeah, I know. Been a fan for a long time. My point was that they crossed a line and had better be careful or risk alienating a lot of folks.

ultimately, Axver was helpful in pointing me to a bootleg from the UF tour (I think?) where B shouted Reagan's name right before Seconds. I appreciated that because I had not heard that snippet and TBH I had no problem with it. Given that era, the threat of nukes and the song itself, it made sense.

But to be clear - comparing that Reagan shout out to what Bono did at iHeart and the other show is preposterous. The more recent antics are - as I have said - like nothing they ever did before. If you want to argue the two examples are equal, go right ahead but you are wrong. If there are other instances where a comparison is more valid, please show them to me. I am open to being wrong and will happily admit as such.

I am sure you will find other technical aspects of this to argue about, seems like that's what you do... but please stop making reference to what I argued with respect to the Trump rants as evidence I do not know what i am talking about.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #137
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
let's be clear, since you seem to get excited about specifics with respect to opinions:

many months ago - before the tour started - I expressed strong misgivings about Bono's rants on Trump during the 2 special event shows they did. The rants and visuals against Trump were like nothing they ever did before, and in my view (and what I said) was that they had better be careful in trying stunts like that on the upcoming tour.

Then, I was lambasted for this by several folks who told me 'they've always been political' blah blah blah. Yeah, I know. Been a fan for a long time. My point was that they crossed a line and had better be careful or risk alienating a lot of folks.

ultimately, Axver was helpful in pointing me to a bootleg from the UF tour (I think?) where B shouted Reagan's name right before Seconds. I appreciated that because I had not heard that snippet and TBH I had no problem with it. Given that era, the threat of nukes and the song itself, it made sense.

But to be clear - comparing that Reagan shout out to what Bono did at iHeart and the other show is preposterous. The more recent antics are - as I have said - like nothing they ever did before. If you want to argue the two examples are equal,

go right ahead but you are wrong.

You had my respect for a few moments, but then you had to fizz it up.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:41 PM   #138
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Old 08-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #139
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Is this the next Nick/gvox feud?

Let it go, BVS. We don't need every thread to turn into a referendum on the validity of his opinions.