Billboard 200 and sales for JT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mac_Fly

War Child
I note that JT is the biggest gainer this week on the Billboard 200, surging up to #16.

Presumably, the chart focuses on more than just sales, but it makes me wonder about the JT sales over the years and if there is a reliable tally.

Anyone?

I note that JT is the biggest gainer this week on the Billboard 200, surging up to #16.

Presumably, the chart focuses on more than just sales, but it makes me wonder about the JT sales over the years and if there is a reliable tally.

Anyone?

For US sales you would rely on the RIAA, where they list the Joshua Tree as 10x multi platinum - which is the Diamond level, 10,000,000 and counting.

(I can't recall, off the top of my head, the name of similar organizations outside the US but they do exist.)

The RIAA site has interesting information on the topic of certification criteria and sales eligibility. www.riaa.com

"The RIAA provides the most comprehensive data on U.S. recorded music revenues and shipments dating all the way back to 1973. In fact, this is the definitive source of revenue data for the recorded music industry in the United States."

Number 10 in the uk aswell. I don't remember any of their reissues doing this well

Anyone?

Its #8 on he album sales only chart, what I call the real billboard 200. The Billboard 200 they use now uses a formula where they add in digital track sales and streaming. This is typically people who are buying one track off the album or streaming one track off the album.

Anyone?

Saw a comprehensive tally of sales posted the other day by ChargedVT, and they put physical sales at about 12.4 million.

Saw a comprehensive tally of sales posted the other day by ChargedVT, and they put physical sales at about 12.4 million.

Finally caught up with that link and it's a good read.

It concluded . . "You may be wondering about U2‘s final CSPC total. Well, the final result is an astonishing 192,5 million . . . "

Album sales equivalency of almost 193 million is quite impressive.

Had they released SOE in a conventional manner they'd surely be over 200 million by now.

Back
Top Bottom