Best time and place to buy tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fenderbendr

Babyface
I'm planning on going to the Tampa show on Wednesday, June 14th, and I'm looking to buy a single ticket, but I'm not sure how long I should wait and where the best place to buy them would be.

I'm going with some friends of mine and they already bought their tickets for one of the upper level sections, which are going for $90-$100 on Stubhub and Ticketmaster right now.

Should I wait until closer to the show to see if the price drops, or should I just buy them now in case they go up?

This is my first time going to a U2 concert, and I don't have much experience in buying tickets for big bands like this, so I was hoping someone here would give me some advice on what I should do.

Thanks!

Just buy one from TM right now and get it off your mind. Since you're buying a single ticket, you might end up getting a better spot than your friends!

You are actually lucky that Tampa is one of a few shows that hasn't sold out. You should get the ticket from Ticketmaster as soon as possible.

To see an example of what happens if you don't hurry, check out StubHub and Ticketmaster for the Miami show a few days prior. Nosebleed seats on Stubhub for $400.

Agreed. If you know that you want to go and aren't picky on the exact location or whatever, then I would just get one now off TM.

If you want a particular spot and it's not available, then you can always check out possible ticket drops on TM closer to the show, or see if the prices on StubHub somehow do go down if the tickets are still there. Otherwise, yeah, I'd just buy one now.

To see an example of what happens if you don't hurry, check out StubHub and Ticketmaster for the Miami show a few days prior. Nosebleed seats on Stubhub for $400.
:sad: I've been very tempted to snatch a $284 nosebleed resale ticket on Ticketmaster. Hoping for some ticket drops before opening night, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Someone over on U2start said London 2 had a ticket drop, not that that helps you. Was a very active ticket drop thread on here last tour. So hopefully there will be plenty of ticket drops soon. Doesn't appear to be a ticket drop thread here for this tour yet, if someone looking for tickets wants to start one?

Last edited:
grab a cheapo now while they're still available just to be sure that you can get in the building - then if there's a drop and you find the seats you'd prefer later on you can always sell the single, either here or on stubhub/craigslist/parking lot... whatever. the cheap seats are only $35 bucks plus fees, so even if you have to take a small loss when you sell it it's not the end of the world.

Looks like the only $35 tix available currently are wheelchair accessible.
But there's plenty of $100 uppers available.
You won't get shut out.
I'd just wait and watch TM, there will be some drops of good seats and likely GA's, then you can choose which type of ticket/cost.
Unless you see something in the same areas as your friends and just want to snag that.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I bought a ticket in the upper level near where my friends are sitting for $100. It'll be my first u2 concert and maybe one of the last times they come to Florida for a while, so I don't mind spending that much.

I'm really looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom