Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2017 - 2039

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it's already been made reasonably clear that a "resumption" of the tour will be under the reversed name of Experience + Innocence.

Arenas ideally, but unlikely. AAMI Park could get the gig in Melbourne out. Would be better than Docklands

Yeah, it's already been made reasonably clear that a "resumption" of the tour will be under the reversed name of Experience + Innocence.
oh, alright then. first i'd heard of it, i wasn't trying to be a dick (i may have come across that way), but it was before my first coffee of the day. :yawn:

wish they could come up with something a little better than that if they're not going to keep calling it i+e though. i would rather they just stick with the name and sensibly make this the "e" part of i+e.

Arenas ideally, but unlikely. AAMI Park could get the gig in Melbourne out. Would be better than Docklands

Almost anything would be better than darklands.

AAMI Park would be too small though, wouldn't it? As in, why do 2-3 at AAMI when they can make the same amount of money from 2 at Docklands?

oh, alright then. first i'd heard of it, i wasn't trying to be a dick (i may have come across that way), but it was before my first coffee of the day. :yawn:

wish they could come up with something a little better than that if they're not going to keep calling it i+e though. i would rather they just stick with the name and sensibly make this the "e" part of i+e.

I don't think it's a bad idea really - shift the emphasis in the name, and signal that they're now supporting SOE rather than SOI.

Of course, given this was from band blather in an interview (I forget which one) and we know how much they all lie now, they'll probably name the next tour the Super Happy Fun Time Touring Juggernaut instead.

AAMI Park would be too small though, wouldn't it? As in, why do 2-3 at AAMI when they can make the same amount of money from 2 at Docklands?

I don't think it's a bad idea really - shift the emphasis in the name, and signal that they're now supporting SOE rather than SOI.

Of course, given this was from band blather in an interview (I forget which one) and we know how much they all lie now, they'll probably name the next tour the Super Happy Fun Time Touring Juggernaut instead.
MCG it is.

Good god, the MCG's acoustics. I can't recall it being used much for concerts at all in more than a decade of living in Melbourne. I never saw anything there other than Sound Relief.

can't wait for songs of ascent in 2010!

as an aside, i found out this morning that it's likely i'll be travelling to aus for work for 2-3 weeks in the new year. my company's head office is in melbourne, at some point you fuckers will have to meet up with me for a pint and a koala steak (that's what you eat down there right?) so that i don't go running off into the outback out of boredom.

as an aside, i found out this morning that it's likely i'll be travelling to aus for work for 2-3 weeks in the new year. my company's head office is in melbourne, at some point you fuckers will have to meet up with me for a pint and a koala steak (that's what you eat down there right?) so that i don't go running off into the outback out of boredom.

I need to do a mileage run for Qantas about this time.

It's pretty easy to get kangaroo steak.

I now live in Wollongong, but Sydney's just up the railway line and I expect I'll visit Melbourne on a monthly basis, maybe even more regularly.

i was being sarcastic about the koala steaks, but it's actually surprisingly easy to get kangaroo meat here as well. i've had grilled kangaroo steak (kinda gamey) and a kangaroo burger that was excellent. is it cheap there or is is a specialty game meat (like elk or beaver is here)?

Huh, I tried to find roo once in New Zealand and had no luck. It's basically the same price as a decent beef. I use roo mince in my bolognese sauces all the time.

From what I heard I could have sworn they were touring in Aus/NZ this year. Multiple sources from the band and Live Nation indicated a summer leg from around November. I would almost be certain stadiums were getting dates locked in before they decided to finish the tour and move onto Songs of Experience. Maybe Michael Coppel's visit to them in the US was his last ditch effort to convince them for this year. I only hope it means they start the E+I tour in Australia and New Zealand.

Huh, I tried to find roo once in New Zealand and had no luck. It's basically the same price as a decent beef. I use roo mince in my bolognese sauces all the time.

An Australian restaurant opened a couple years ago in my neighborhood in NYC. They had kangaroo burgers and steak. Haven't tried the steak yet but the burger was pretty good!

A poster on @U2 chatted to Larry in New York last week, asked about Australia and was told "we're working on it" and he loves Australia... mind you, Bono told me those EXACT words in October 2015 so...

Saw this on a Facebook page...
"I flew from Melbourne to see the JT show at Santa Clara and the 2 shows at the Rose Bowl. Unbelievable shows. Whilst in the GA line at Rose Bowl I spoke to one of the U2 tech team and he told me that we can expect to see the boys between Feb - April 18 indoors for the Experience tour. I saw 6 I and E shows at Madison and they were all amazing. If arena shows you can be guaranteed there will be a min of 6 each in Melb and Syd, 4 for Brisbane and Perth. Adelaide should get shows , but not sure whether their indoor arena can hold the hanging cage as per I and E tour."

Saw this on a Facebook page...
"I flew from Melbourne to see the JT show at Santa Clara and the 2 shows at the Rose Bowl. Unbelievable shows. Whilst in the GA line at Rose Bowl I spoke to one of the U2 tech team and he told me that we can expect to see the boys between Feb - April 18 indoors for the Experience tour. I saw 6 I and E shows at Madison and they were all amazing. If arena shows you can be guaranteed there will be a min of 6 each in Melb and Syd, 4 for Brisbane and Perth. Adelaide should get shows , but not sure whether their indoor arena can hold the hanging cage as per I and E tour."

I would be so down for that. Arenas with multiple shows like that will make up for now JT. Gotta say I wasnt that pluses on the US leg but they seem to be be fine form now.

You know, I'm not one to usually complain but for fucks sake! I know Australia is a long way away from America/ Europe but are the Australian fans not important enough to U2?
I've been a bloody hardcore fan for over 20 years and only seen 3 seperate tours! I'm really losing my patience here.
And on another note (absolutely no offence to Americans) I'm so sick of hearing how Armerica is a great "idea" and blah blah blah. Australia is awesome too guys!

Anyways rant over :reject::reject:

You know, I'm not one to usually complain but for fucks sake! I know Australia is a long way away from America/ Europe but are the Australian fans not important enough to U2?
I've been a bloody hardcore fan for over 20 years and only seen 3 seperate tours! I'm really losing my patience here.
And on another note (absolutely no offence to Americans) I'm so sick of hearing how Armerica is a great "idea" and blah blah blah. Australia is awesome too guys!

Anyways rant over :reject::reject:

Believe me, we Americans are also sick of Bono's America ass kissing. It seemed worst than normal at the Indianapolis show... I was almost embarrassed for him. I'm not sure what the deal was with the Innocence & Experience Tour, they should've swung down your way and done arenas. Edge himself said he was disappointed that they didn't do more shows on that tour.

Had a chat this morning to a Live Nation rep regarding their upcoming Imagine Dragons tour (that the company I work for will be doing a sponsored presale for) - April was the plan however it may be later in the year (October). Apparently a larger scale regional tour is being offered and it makes more sense to do that all in one leg.

In other news Imagine Dragons is here in late April, P!NK is here in winter and Janet Jackson :love: is firming up May dates.

What, as in U2?!?

Interested to know what a "larger scale regional tour" is. Melb x3, Syd x3, Bris x2, Adel x2, Perth x2, I'm guessing. We fucking deserve it. But we won't get it.

Regional tour means beyond the five big capital cities, friggin'.

But the chances of U2 doing anywhere like Darwin, Cairns, Newcastle, Wollongong, Canberra, Launceston, or Hobart seem impossibly remote.

U2 and Live nation are looking regional - Aust/NZ/Asia etc - Live Nation have an Asian subsidiary and it's usually a bundle tour (like Madonna's Rebel Heart tour).

Sorry - just re-read my post and yeah it reads like Mildura is getting a show lol lol

I'm first in line for Phillip Island. Check-in is at the pier at French Island every third Tuesday at 4am.

Back
Top Bottom