2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish we had known that RZ could be purchased today with Wires presale code...hopefully there will be some left tomorrow...for Gillette. As of now I don't see any.

There weren't any RZ available at Foxboro at 9am or at any time since. A StubHub vendor had 14 hard tickets in hand for it last night ($1700/ea). I don't know of a single person who got them.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I still think $100 for GA in a football stadium is steep, even with all the fees included. It tickets were $70 all-in, that'd be a different story. But you may be right. I wasn't clear on whether the $100 price included fees or not.

$100 is rougly around £70, just to put into perspective ive paid £80 for a radiohead seat at the back, £80 for a red hot chilli pepper ticket,£70 for a stone roses standing ticket and £60 to see noel gallagher on his own. These are all within the past year

$100 for a u2 gig for me is a steal, im seeing my favourite band for as much or less then other acts that i like

There weren't any RZ available at Foxboro at 9am or at any time since. A StubHub vendor had 14 hard tickets in hand for it last night ($1700/ea). I don't know of a single person who got them.

Unless it's diff in MA, I don't know how the scalper has hard tickets. My RZ tickets must be picked up at will call and required CC/ID. There was no option to get tickets for printing/mailing.

I don't see any listed. They probably listed them in anticipation of getting them today, but rz are will call tickets.

I let my U2.com subscription slide over the years. Sadly, I got lumped into the dreaded "Wires" group. I'm hoping to hit my 26th show in Chicago with GA tickets. Are you that have gone through the presale today accessing tickets through Ticketmaster via U2.com or are you going directly through the TM website? Also, I have the code, but does it just open up for the group promptly at 9 a.m. with the code already there for you are does it prompt you for the code? Any intel is helpful. Thanks, B.

These tickets are expensive, don't get me wrong. But it could definitely be a lot worse, and I really do think they care about their fans somewhat. If they didn't, they wouldn't just have GA floor with tickets valued under $100. They'd have seats on the floor and charge $200+ for them. Look at a Coldplay seating chart on ticketmaster, or Guns n Roses. Also stadium tours. But their prices are ridiculous, and as a result they are going to be left with a lot of unsold seats. Guns n Roses last year had several shows where the entire top tier of the stadium was curtained off, and those ticket holders moved elsewhere in the venue. Coldplay have some shows next year that are going to struggle to sell out.

But I don't really think that's the point anymore. The new touring model doesn't seem to put as much emphasis on selling the venue out, and more on extracting maximum dollars from the people who do want to come. If you have 15,000 diehard fans in a town who are going to attend a concert no matter what, might as well charge them twice or thrice as much, because they're guaranteed to pay it. U2 don't seem to play by these rules as much.

My Boston GA are hard tickets. Every state and venue has different policies.

If the tickets were 20 dollars for all seats then everyone would bitch that they can't get seats because non fans would try to buy them and sell them for profit. It cuts both ways.

For the Houston venue the follow site https://www.vividseats.com/concerts/u2-tickets/u2-nrg-stadium-5-24-2248919.html has Red Zone for sale at $1500/ea

Obviously there is still methods for resellers to get tickets beforehand. I saw them for sale already yesterday, so that is even before presales.

My ticket is will call only with CC and ID too, but at least I got a RZ ticket at face value.

So I am reading Wire group could have bought RedZone today?

How the heck were we supposed to know that? Makes no sense.

I entered my Wire code for Toronto and it accepts it, but no RZ available. Hoping there will be some tomorrow?

Hi All,

The ticket prices for GA are fine & comparable to any other decent sized act. Just paid £74 for Stone Roses in London, £80 for Coldplay in Cardiff (£9 increase on Manchester last year) & The Boss was £80 in Coventry last summer. Ticket prices in general have gone through the roof as album sales have declined. But the best band in the world for the same price or less than many others, that will do for me !.

Sent from my SM-G800F using U2 Interference mobile app

I had 2 GAs for the Rose Bowl but cancelled the order as the tix are non-transferrable and I am too cheap too buy insurance. Live in Europe and trying to get a job back in the states - who knows where I will be in May. Are there any hard tickets being offered for Rose Bowl GA?

These tickets are expensive, don't get me wrong. But it could definitely be a lot worse, and I really do think they care about their fans somewhat. If they didn't, they wouldn't just have GA floor with tickets valued under $100. They'd have seats on the floor and charge $200+ for them. Look at a Coldplay seating chart on ticketmaster, or Guns n Roses. Also stadium tours. But their prices are ridiculous, and as a result they are going to be left with a lot of unsold seats. Guns n Roses last year had several shows where the entire top tier of the stadium was curtained off, and those ticket holders moved elsewhere in the venue. Coldplay have some shows next year that are going to struggle to sell out.

But I don't really think that's the point anymore. The new touring model doesn't seem to put as much emphasis on selling the venue out, and more on extracting maximum dollars from the people who do want to come. If you have 15,000 diehard fans in a town who are going to attend a concert no matter what, might as well charge them twice or thrice as much, because they're guaranteed to pay it. U2 don't seem to play by these rules as much.

A floor seat at a Rolling Stones stadium gig near me came out to roughly $425 with fees. $425... for a single seat sold directly by the band's ticketing site. It wasn't in the first 20 rows either.

I waited for a StubHub floor seat in the fourth row to come out around half the price before pulling the trigger. Anything else would have been pretty ridiculous.

Freaking great. There was no mention that RZ could be bought today with a wires code. Toronto RZ seems to be sold out. :doh:

Anyone know if traditionally more seats are released in the following sale(s)??

Extremely pissed that I could have bought a Red Zone ticket on my Wire code today. None available now of course and probably none available Thursday (For LA).

In the recent years that I've bought GA for bigger acts (say, Foo Fighters and such), they always came around to $80+. The $93 I just paid is only a few more dollars than what I paid for the I&E shows in 2015.

Was that for a stadium show or for a basketball arena? Because GA floor in a smaller venue is far different from a football field/stadium.

I remember during the ZOOTV Outside Broadcast tour they had assigned seating on the field in stadiums. At least there you had a reserved seat, but weren't as far as if you had a seat in the stands.

In a stadium floor GA situation, there is a risk you won't end up in a good spot. As I see it, that calls for lower prices that reflect the wide variability in the product you'll get for the money.

Was that for a stadium show or for a basketball arena? Because GA floor in a smaller venue is far different from a football field/stadium.

I remember during the ZOOTV Outside Broadcast tour they had assigned seating on the field in stadiums. At least there you had a reserved seat, but weren't as far as if you had a seat in the stands.

In a stadium floor GA situation, there is a risk you won't end up in a good spot. As I see it, that calls for lower prices that reflect the wide variability in the product you'll get for the money.

Thats the same for every gig,inside or outside. 80% of gigs are standing

Well, I'm somewhat encouraged that some folks here are posting tickets for GA at $100, all-in, or $70 plus fees.

But I was alarmed when I saw this on the ticketmaster website:

FLOOR SEATS
US $100.00
US $100.00
Additional fees are applied at Checkout. Prices subject to change.

That sure made it seem like tickets are $100 plus fees.

I still think $100 out the door is a bit much for a stadium GA. I do see a big distinction in the experience and risk (of a lackluster view/not worth the price) between GA football stadium and GA in a basketball arena.

Extremely pissed that I could have bought a Red Zone ticket on my Wire code today. None available now of course and probably none available Thursday (For LA).

I didn't know either, but I wanted to go in and see what prices were like. I just happen to realize I could by presale VIP today with wires code and that included Red Zone. I tried to buy 2 but there was only 1 available, so I purchased 1 Red Zone.

Sure. But you can't really compare a GA or unassigned seat situation in a club-sized venue, or even medium-sized venue where maybe 3,000 people are on the floor versus a stadium where one can end up 50 plus yards away from the stage.

I get that where one ends up is up to the person, how motivated they are to push forward, get there two days early, etc. But the fact is not everyone is going to be able to be within 20 yards of the stage. Some folks will end up being farther back. At that distance, without a reserved seat, the price becomes untenable.

Thats the same for every gig,inside or outside. 80% of gigs are standing

Sure. But you can't really compare a GA or unassigned seat situation in a club-sized venue, or even medium-sized venue where maybe 3,000 people are on the floor versus a stadium where one can end up 50 plus yards away from the stage.

I get that where one ends up is up to the person, how motivated they are to push forward, get there two days early, etc. But the fact is not everyone is going to be able to be within 20 yards of the stage. Some folks will end up being farther back. At that distance, without a reserved seat, the price becomes untenable.

Springsteen GA's at MetLife this summer were $150 + fees... around $170 in total.

This price might seem expensive, but it isn't compared to similar acts (and past U2 tours). It's actually cheaper than you'd expect

I let my U2.com subscription slide over the years. Sadly, I got lumped into the dreaded "Wires" group. I'm hoping to hit my 26th show in Chicago with GA tickets. Are you that have gone through the presale today accessing tickets through Ticketmaster via U2.com or are you going directly through the TM website? Also, I have the code, but does it just open up for the group promptly at 9 a.m. with the code already there for you are does it prompt you for the code? Any intel is helpful. Thanks, B.

Prompts for code so have it copied and ready to paste. I clicked the link on u2.com/tours and used that to bring me to the TM page. Best of luck tomorrow :heart:

Back
Top Bottom