2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THANK YOU, U2 & partners, for changing whatever it was that you changed to make this presale the best U2 presale in recent memory, and by FAR. Whereas the last few were harrowing experiences in which TM kept crashing repeatedly over about 90 minutes to purchase even one GA ticket, this time I was in and out in 3 minutes flat. THANK YOU!!! :love:
Glad you (and many others) were able to breeze through the pre-sale! Too bad the general sale will be a clusterfuck. :sigh:

Last edited:
THANK YOU, U2 & partners, for changing whatever it was that you changed to make this presale the best U2 presale in recent memory, and by FAR. Whereas the last few were harrowing experiences in which TM kept crashing repeatedly over about 90 minutes to purchase even one GA ticket, this time I was in and out in 3 minutes flat. THANK YOU!!! :love:

I think the switch to non-transferable paperless tickets attached to one's credit card has made a real difference in chasing away ticket resellers and their army of server-crashing bots.

I'm in the wires presale group, but Red Zone was available today and I purchased 1 ticket for red zone, I will purchase 3 more for GA tomorrow.

I got NOTHING! Red Zone was gone- I keep hitting refresh- NOTHING.
So tried for something else, and its all gone. HOW??? Why can't this be easy like everyone else says it is?

This is for Dallas.

i was able to grab 4 GA to boston, but the site (as usual) was miserable....slow, kept freezing up, kept giving me an error that i was buying too many tickets (i was buying 4). also the app refused to take my presale code... ticketbastard has again lived up to my exceedingly low expectations. :angry:

I'm in the wires presale group, but Red Zone was available today and I purchased 1 ticket for red zone, I will purchase 3 more for GA tomorrow.

Yes, Iam in wires group and just for giggles I tried in another state (am in Cali) and can potentially buy red zone and top three premium today. Which is great because Iam going for P1
Will know for sure at 9.00 pst

Anybody else not able to search "U2" in the TM mobile app? Nothing comes up when I type in U2. I'm using Android.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using U2 Interference mobile app

I had to search for "joshua tree" before it came up. Still couldn't find available tickets on the app. I had to use the interactive map on the website to get it to work. Best available brought up nothing.

i was able to grab 4 GA to boston, but the site (as usual) was miserable....slow, kept freezing up, kept giving me an error that i was buying too many tickets (i was buying 4). also the app refused to take my presale code... ticketbastard has again lived up to my exceedingly low expectations. :angry:

Axs and Evenko work so fucking smoothly. I don't know why TM and LN can't figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Do you all remember what the deal is again if you switch credit cards from now until the show? Can you still just bring your old one and have them swipe it?

Yes, Iam in wires group and just for giggles I tried in another state (am in Cali) and can potentially buy red zone and top three premium today. Which is great because Iam going for P1
Will know for sure at 9.00 pst

Technically they didn't split VIP fan club into groups - just "Fan Club VIP Access".

Do you all remember what the deal is again if you switch credit cards from now until the show? Can you still just bring your old one and have them swipe it?

That usually works.
Definitely bring both the old and new credit card and your ID.

I'm panicking here...I'm in the Wires Group and I thought the pre-sale for Toronto is tomorrow, is that right?

I think TM was also flexible in switching it to another card in the weeks prior to the gig. I also remember the venue itself helping out a little bit on the day of if it came down to it.

Like it's been said, as long as you hold onto the 'old' card until the day of, you should be okay anyway.

Typical LiveNation/Ticketbastard shitshow. On right at 9 local and can't pull any GA's for Chicago regardless of which 2 browsers or cell phone I try. Good thing I am a "legacy member" Would be nice to be able to send in a form with my top 3 choices and have the Propaganda fan club run the distribution to the fans again...you know where someone actually cares about the fans instead of some soulless corporate entity.

Maybe this can be the second fan club sale in a row where I can't get tickets in the presale and actually get what I want through the general sale. This is a stadium tour where the GA capacity has to be 10 times an arena show....how on earth can U2 not accommodate their "legacy fans"? The saving grace will hopefully be that the credit card requirement makes it harder for scalpers to snatch up the tickets....but I do understand the disposal refillable cards are a work around to that.

Last edited:
Typical LiveNation/Ticketbastard shitshow. On right at 9 local and can't pull any GA's for Chicago regardless of which 2 browsers or cell phone I try. Good thing I am a "legacy member" Would be nice to be able to send in a form with my top 3 choices and have the Propaganda fan club run the distribution to the fans again...you know where someone actually cares about the fans instead of some soulless corporate entity.

Don't remind me of the propaganda days, I got seats right next to the stage .

I went with 2 seats in the lower section directly in front of the stage. This is in Miami and my wife is not a huge fan so I didn't want to make her wait in line for GA. $182.50 total

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I guess I could travel to Cleveland or Boston where you can still pull GA's an hour and a half into the presale. You could argue Cleveland is not a strong U2 market....but Boston? Why does this have to be so hard?

What a farce

Loooong time U2 fan and concert-goer. And I'm pissed.

I'm seeing $100US for GA floor tickets... GENERAL ADMISSION. IN A STADIUM!!!

That's just downright greedy, and all for a tour that's essentially an opportunistic cash grab unapologetically riding nostalgia.

I've paid for GA floor tickets in recent years for U2 arena shows. They were in the $45 range, plus fees, so around $60-$70 out the door. Not thrilled with that, but at least in an arena GA situation the section is small enough that you can work with it, hang back enough and still see the show well enough, find your friends if someone has to go to the bar or the bathroom, etc.

But in a football stadium? Who wants to pay $100 plus fees and not get a guaranteed seat? What if you end up potentially on the 20 or 30 yard line opposite of the stage in the end zone on the other end of the stadium? Is that worth $100 plus fees? Now you're standing, maybe 40 or 50 yards away from the stage, and you have to stand for at least four hours, given the opening act, etc..

They should be charging $50 tops for these tickets. Unbelievable.

Really disappointed in U2. Those $35 nosebleed tickets are small consolation, either. They're just a way to make it seem like they aren't trying to fleece their fans and have 'affordable' prices. Bullshit.

They know full well that GA floor in a stadium is the last/best option for true fans who want to brave the crowd and the elements to see their favorite band. But when you charge those fans premium prices that in most other shows would get you a guaranteed seat for a chance at finding a spot on a football field, and everything that goes along with that, it's just going too far. You're not just asking your fans to battle through the rigors of a stadium GA, you're asking them to pay premium ticket prices for the privilege.

I've seen U2 live at least a dozen times since 1988. Arena shows. Stadium shows. Assigned seating and GA. But the prices for GA on this tour are insulting. Am I the only one outraged by this?

Have 2x GA field 1 for Dublin just one minute ago completed

Already have 4 GA Amsterdam 2 GA Brussel

Yeah, Amsterdam (GA) and Brussels (seats) were a breeze. Rome was hoewever my initial pick (instead of Brussels) but their site was totally screwy - timed out half way through, then wouldn't accept my presale code....

I guess I could travel to Cleveland or Boston where you can still pull GA's an hour and a half into the presale. You could argue Cleveland is not a strong U2 market....but Boston? Why does this have to be so hard?

Boston may be moving slower than expected because Gillette Stadium is logistically crappy, that's why I didn't even entertain it.

For which venue?

Boston may be moving slower than expected because Gillette Stadium is logistically crappy, that's why I didn't even entertain it.

That's an understatement!! I still have nightmares about Gillette 360 shows.

Back
Top Bottom