*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
17 semi trucks for those that are curious about that stuff. Most had hand written stickers on the back to co-ordinate load-ins/outs.

5 were unmarked
4 were C1/C2/C3/C4
CTWK
WARD
SND
GRID
FURN
SAM
PROD Power
CBL1 or GBL1

Catwalk/sound-PA/Grid are the light & PA trusses/wardrobe?/Furnishing?

At first glance they need as any trucks to carry their wardrobe as they do speakers stacks for 20,000 to hear them at full concert volume.

I have a full page of notes including a couple jaw droppers that I will ration out this week. I also have new info about the screen.

Jesus, don't tease us like that! That said, thanks for the info, it makes a boring work day a lot more interesting :)

Talked to a fan that confirmed that Follow/Sunday had been played the week before. Do I need to make a running list of keep a daily tab running? Sat/Sun was quiet - probably when the muscle get practice putting things in/out boxes/trucks/venue ceiling. Otherwise Edge would make Dallas work 100+ hours a week.

BAD had 3 "Wide Awakes" in full voice, couple mid song woos, Norwegian Wood/Ruby Tuesday tags. Bono going about 80% effort for this rehearsal. Couple hours later than ran thru it again with no tags Bono only doing a single "Wide Awake".

EVEN BETTER is not the 2011 mix. "You Take Me Higher" was full voice.

DESIRE is Edge on electric with some Adam/Larry. Full guitar solo and Not Fade Away tag.

PRIDE is sung a full step down. No tag this time.

EVERY BREAKING WAVE tonight was low key Bono voice/Edge keys version. Big hole left for string section. A full band version was done last week - perfect for the double vertigo treatment:doh:

WOWY was done with full head voice in the high bits. Lots of space for possible string. A "birdie" told us 5 songs will have strings.

I have a full page of notes including a couple jaw droppers that I will ration out this week. I also have new info about the screen.
#U2Request Results 2015
They have now done 9 songs from this list. None in the top 10, but looks like anyone reading this thread and seeing a handful of shows can add upwards 15 unique songs to their lifetime U2 concert checklists including the new SOI album.

Want. To. Know!!! Thanks for all you do :up:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Jesus, don't tease us like that! That said, thanks for the info, it makes a boring work day a lot more interesting :)

Staying with full length non-charity public gigs, Vancouver could have 14 live debuts(15 if they do Ordinary Love.)

I'm including EBW in those 15 since 99% of fans will be seeing these songs for the first time in person.

I'm sure they concentrate very very hard on preparing for the tour right now, especially Bono who also has to deal with overcoming a serious and very complex injury. I'm sure he has to have a lot of training and PT besides rehearsals, meetings, organizing stuff. So I can see why he wants to keep a low profile and save his energy. But I still wonder if they will have some sort of appearance or media interaction before the tour like interviews with local newspapers, magazines or TV. I don't really see the band remaining totally quiet before the actual tour opener, there must be something happening, but i guess we won't know before, let's say, a week in advance.

Bono has looked pretty chummy in those fan photos. His voice is sounding REALLY good in the rehearsals the tesla with him in it was doing a good speed when leaving the venue. He seems in good spirits with the possible exception of no guitar(I haven't heard any non Edge guitar yet including 2 songs that usually feature 2 six-strings).

A dress rehearsal show plus the 2 Vancouver reviews/youtubes will be all the buzz Vancouver/North American tour needs. I remember the Police rehearsals being quiet, with fans fearing 3 inspired bored old men or bad chemistry but it all worked out.

I know I should probably leave this thread and not spoil myself, but there is still over 4 months until I get to see them and I don't think I can keep away from the excitement

EVERY BREAKING WAVE tonight was low key Bono voice/Edge keys version. Big hole left for string section. A full band version was done last week - perfect for the double vertigo treatment:doh:

Lord I hope they wouldn't do it twice. More likely they'll do it acoustic on innocence night and full band on experience night or vice versa, that'll be the big differences Bono hinted at.

Thanks for all the updates Peter, good stuff.

Bono has looked pretty chummy in those fan photos. His voice is sounding REALLY good in the rehearsals the tesla with him in it was doing a good speed when leaving the venue. He seems in good spirits with the possible exception of no guitar(I haven't heard any non Edge guitar yet including 2 songs that usually feature 2 six-strings).

Did they rehearse ONE and was it without Bono's guitar?

I'm sure they concentrate very very hard on preparing for the tour right now, especially Bono who also has to deal with overcoming a serious and very complex injury. I'm sure he has to have a lot of training and PT besides rehearsals, meetings, organizing stuff. So I can see why he wants to keep a low profile and save his energy. But I still wonder if they will have some sort of appearance or media interaction before the tour like interviews with local newspapers, magazines or TV. I don't really see the band remaining totally quiet before the actual tour opener, there must be something happening, but i guess we won't know before, let's say, a week in advance.

By keeping a low profile I assume you mean going out and being spotted at bars and restaurants on a nightly basis.

Awesome Peter, thanks for the reports so far. Look forward to whatever extra info there is...

Staying with full length non-charity public gigs, Vancouver could have 14 live debuts(15 if they do Ordinary Love.)

I'm including EBW in those 15 since 99% of fans will be seeing these songs for the first time in person.

OK, I'll play along here. The only SOI song that has been confirmed as NOT being rehearsed, at least to the end of last week, is The Troubles. So, since no SOI song has been played before at a full length gig (except EBW, which you're including in your count), that could account for up to 10 of the 14 songs. Invisible has also been rehearsed, taking us to potentially 11.

That leaves another three, minimum. I suppose The Crystal Ballroom could be one, but that's still at least two old songs you're suggesting may be played live for the first(-ish) time ever.

You said nine songs have been done from the U2Request top 11-100 (with nothing yet from 1-10). I only counted five based on what's been explicitly confirmed so far, but I'm tired so my count may be bad - or that means there are up to four songs you're keeping quiet for now. Some of those four may be live debuts. They may not be.

I've been fairly confident in my prediction that A Man and a Woman will be played this tour, and it's on the U2Request list and has only been played once live, at a charity event, so it may be one of the 14.

Other songs from the U2Request list never played live before (by U2FP's criteria, so only counting full length shows): Acrobat (which doesn't count for this guessing game, since it was #1), Heartland (likewise, #9), Red Hill Mining Town, Lady With the Spinning Head, Drowning Man, Love Comes Tumbling, Invisible, The Crystal Ballroom, When I Look at the World, Promenade, Luminous Times, The Wanderer, Ordinary Love, Hallelujah Here She Comes, Salome, North and South of the River, Fez-Being Born, Some Days are Better than Others, Iris, and some drug-addled people even wanted Stand Up Comedy to makes its live debut.

That's a wide pool. Invisible, The Crystal Ballroom, Iris, and Ordinary Love are already accounted for above. So to get back to guessing the minimum two old songs, well, almost all of those would be massive surprises, and of course a live debut could be drawn from beyond this pool too.

I'm too tired. I'm out. Somebody else keep going, or show me something I've missed/where I've made a mistake.

U2FP, you're probably having a right laugh at this.

I've gone through that list cross-referencing with your website too, Ax :D

I was thinking A Man And A Woman too, that'd be a great surprise

By keeping a low profile I assume you mean going out and being spotted at bars and restaurants on a nightly basis.

The man has to eat and drink, give him a break. :wink:

By "low profile" I meant more like: No interviews, no calling into radio shows, no running his mouth about how great and amazing the tour will be like and how Edge is on fire and stuff like that.

[
OK, I'll play along here. The only SOI song that has been confirmed as NOT being rehearsed, at least to the end of last week, is The Troubles.

tumblr_inline_mjkwi0mabq1qz4rgp.gif

I don't think there is enough alcohol in the world to get Edge or Bono or whoever is responsible to play that Crystal Ballroom turd of a guitar solo again.

Talked to a fan that confirmed that Follow/Sunday had been played the week before. Do I need to make a running list of keep a daily tab running? Sat/Sun was quiet - probably when the muscle get practice putting things in/out boxes/trucks/venue ceiling. Otherwise Edge would make Dallas work 100+ hours a week.

BAD had 3 "Wide Awakes" in full voice, couple mid song woos, Norwegian Wood/Ruby Tuesday tags. Bono going about 80% effort for this rehearsal. Couple hours later than ran thru it again with no tags Bono only doing a single "Wide Awake".

EVEN BETTER is not the 2011 mix. "You Take Me Higher" was full voice.

DESIRE is Edge on electric with some Adam/Larry. Full guitar solo and Not Fade Away tag.

PRIDE is sung a full step down. No tag this time.

WOWY was done with full head voice in the high bits. Lots of space for possible string. A "birdie" told us 5 songs will have strings.

#U2Request Results 2015
They have now done 9 songs from this list. None in the top 10, but looks like anyone reading this thread and seeing a handful of shows can add upwards 15 unique songs to their lifetime U2 concert checklists including the new SOI album.
Thanks Peter!

Peter, you said nothing from the top 10 U2 request songs???

Last week, GONE was rehearsed, right? It's in the top 10.... Is there a mistake somewhere?

My guess are Luminous times, Iris, Crystal, AMAAW, Gone, When I look at the world and FEZ!

and yes, ready to pay big bucks if this is right....:drool:

of course, their best new song :sad:

as long as Iris, Crystal Ballroom, Cafifornia and Raised by Wolves are there each night, I'll be a happy man

The Troubles is the only new song I have not been able to get into.

Screen seems to be a fixed piece about 25-30 feet high and runs from "hockey net to hockey net". The top of the screen hangs about the same height as top lower bowl/suites in most modern arenas. Screen is "see-thru" like the NIN tour in 2013 but this is double sided. Trent has joked about U2 using similar technology as NIN tours so this may be a reference to that he knew a couple years in advance. Invisible(like video)/Bullet(yellow sirens & floodlights) had cool effects but the rest seemed like the usual "screen saver" level stuff U2 are sometimes guilty of using in production.

-The Troubles - AFAIK the final song from SOI to be rehearsed/played live. Canned Lykke Li vocals. The Lou Reed thing in 1992 might be the only other time they did canned lead vocals. Weird that she doesn't want to work a relatively low-pressure 20-30 minutes a week and travel the globe at a 5 star level with U2 all expenses paid while gaining enormous goodwill for her career. Maybe she will pop up in London/Sweden/LA/NYC.

-One Step Closer. I think this is the final Bomb song to be done live. Seemed to be Bono voice and Edge electric guitar only in a casual arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom