Chicago #2 Setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, in between Volcano and Bullet they do an incredibly sparse EBW. Yeah that makes boatloads of sense.

U2 really wanted to test out that transition from Volcano to acoustic Every Breaking Wave. Has a lot of potential.

Say what you will about Stuck, but EBW had its best night of the tour following it. That sequence actually made sense.

United Center - Chicago, IL - June 25, 2015

----------People Have the Power----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Angel of Harlem
15 - Volcano
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky

Would anyone know if theres a direct correlation between the static setlists and these threads getting smaller? Or is it perhaps the initial excitement of the tour has passed and now mainly diehards or lowlifes (myself included) post exclusively?

Would anyone know if theres a direct correlation between the static setlists and these threads getting smaller? Or is it perhaps the initial excitement of the tour has passed and now mainly diehards or lowlifes (myself included) post exclusively?

Combo of fewer people regularly participating, and (with 360) a blessed lack of 18 pages of the same gifs for every song.

That's my HOT TAKE.

Little from column A, little from column B.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

yes

Yep, that's my take.

I'm sure that whenever Crystal Ballroom is done we'll get an extra ten or fifteen pages just for it alone.

I'm not following as actively because the shows no longer line up with my lunch break :(

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think it's just fans dropping off the radar since the last tour. That and the audio is so for streaming at home we can just sit back and enjoy.

on the Vertigo many shows got multiple parts for the setlist parties.

I genuinely dont think the crowd would care. Honestly, do you?

2 songs only on the version of a free album that you had to pay for. Be a sick combo but 80% of the people there would be confused.

Oh and hypothetical: What if they open the encore with Crystal Ballroom?

Combo of fewer people regularly participating, and (with 360) a blessed lack of 18 pages of the same gifs for every song.

That's my HOT TAKE.

Fair enough. I heard about the gifs but never really went into these threads for that tour . Are gifs banned now for "setlist parties"?

United Center - Chicago, IL - June 25, 2015

----------People Have the Power----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Angel of Harlem
15 - Volcano
16 - Also Sprach Zarathustra (snippet) / Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)

People have just stopped posting in Interference, in general.

On messageboards in general. Go check out most forums and they're slower than they were a decade ago. The Internet has largely moved on - which I think is a shame, because I much prefer messageboards as a place for discussion to most of what's followed them.

Are gifs banned now for "setlist parties"?

Fuck no!

1311492179441758351_zpsgkvbkqkk.gif

A lot of people just got sick of the setlist parties being a parade of the same jokes and gifs. Mysterious Ways - dancing girls. Elevation - that fucking creepy bouncy squirrel.

And that dude always posting Daffy Duck jerking off.

I think just a different crowd of people around - a lot of the posters who hung out for 360 aren't posting much.

Back
Top Bottom