Boston 1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so what YOU say is right, and whatever I say is wrong. Good...I got it now....this is so easy!

I didn't say you're wrong. You do have an opinion.

But the other side isn't an opinion. It's life. Eventually you'll learn to deal with the fact that the majority of people don't share your opinion and that a life is worth more than simply what you think...

... Or you won't.

But no matter what, the people who thought that woman shouldn't vote, that blacks weren't full people, that only some people should be given specific legal protections: those are the people everyone just waits to be left behind with history. And it happens and it has happened and it will continue to happen. My children are going to ask me why this was so difficult the same way I asked my parents why civil rights was so difficult, and I'll give them the same answer. Some people think they're more important than everyone else. They think that when Jesus said to love your brother he meant to pick and choose which brother.

And I don't know why I bothered to respond, because I know it's a waste of time because I've dealt with people like you my whole life. I call them aunt, uncle, cousin, dad. And I'll continue to deal with them and love them and run my head into this same stupid brick wall, because I'm always going to want to believe that people can be reasonable. Shame on me.

Wow, this just boggles the mind. Sorry to butt in here, but the narrow-mindedness of certain people just blows my mind, especially in this day and age.

Ok so what YOU say is right, and whatever I say is wrong. Good...I got it now....this is so easy!

Pretty much, yes. People's opinions can be wrong, or should we respect Hitler's opinion that all Jews are worthless? Probably not, right?

Good to see that most people here have that figured out already.

More importantly, I cannot wait for NY1 and 2. If they do Bad, 40 and Shine I might explode.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

People who think that other people, their lives, their families, their needs, their wants and their desires is the matter of a difference of opinion are simply hiding behind a word so they don't have to defend the fact that they're being a bigot.

Whether two people who are in a far more committed relationship than a five times married celebrity can now share in the same benefits as said couple is not on the same playing field of, "while I respect your opinion, Tame Impala is a terrible band and will never cease being a terrible band."

:up:

I didn't say you're wrong. You do have an opinion.

But the other side isn't an opinion. It's life. Eventually you'll learn to deal with the fact that the majority of people don't share your opinion and that a life is worth more than simply what you think...

... Or you won't.

But no matter what, the people who thought that woman shouldn't vote, that blacks weren't full people, that only some people should be given specific legal protections: those are the people everyone just waits to be left behind with history. And it happens and it has happened and it will continue to happen. My children are going to ask me why this was so difficult the same way I asked my parents why civil rights was so difficult, and I'll give them the same answer. Some people think they're more important than everyone else. They think that when Jesus said to love your brother he meant to pick and choose which brother.

And I don't know why I bothered to respond, because I know it's a waste of time because I've dealt with people like you my whole life. I call them aunt, uncle, cousin, dad. And I'll continue to deal with them and love them and run my head into this same stupid brick wall, because I'm always going to want to believe that people can be reasonable. Shame on me.

I don't think you know anyone like me actually...but that's fine. I will continue to respect you and disagree with you on this, and I thank you for not having a foul mouth. I hope you have a wonderful evening.

Wow, this just boggles the mind. Sorry to butt in here, but the narrow-mindedness of certain people just blows my mind, especially in this day and age.

Pretty much, yes. People's opinions can be wrong, or should we respect Hitler's opinion that all Jews are worthless? Probably not, right?

Good to see that most people here have that figured out already.

More importantly, I cannot wait for NY1 and 2. If they do Bad, 40 and Shine I might explode.

Ok so now my opinion/belief on this is being compared to Hitler killing millions of people.....that took less time than I thought it would.

Am I murdering gay people? No, I'm not agreeing with them. Try to keep this car between the lines....thanks

Ok so now my opinion/belief on this is being compared to Hitler killing millions of people.....that took less time than I thought it would.

Am I murdering gay people? No, I'm not agreeing with them. Try to keep this car between the lines....thanks

Nope, not at all. Nowhere did I say that you're like Hitler or that you murder gay people. All I said was that Hitler also had an opinion, since you seem to be of the belief that all opinions deserve respect.

I really don't fathom this cult of the opinion.

Say you have a small growth on your neck. Your friend ventures his opinion that it's benign because it looks just like one his grandmother had and she was fine and lived to 92. Your doctor gives his expert opinion that it's cancerous and needs to be removed.

One of those opinions deserves respect; the other should be ignored. They are clearly not of equal value.

Just want to point out that you all are CHOOSING to continue this conversation for no real reason other than just like me you enjoy masturbation... this is the verbal kind.

I am very happy for you. I hope you have a wonderful life. I don't believe your lifestyle is right, but the point of all of this is that I am free to believe that, just as you are free to live however you want to. Can we agree on that?

No. Because it isn't a "lifestyle". You can have that opinion if you want. But it's wrong. That's why people are calling you ignorant, because you look stupid when you say that, because it is wrong.

I will just point out for humor sake that the line "probably not, right?" isn't as 100% as this Jew would like it to be. It reads like "I guess they aren't all bad."

I KNOW you didn't mean it that way -- just saying it reads terribly at 2am.

I will just point out for humor sake that the line "probably not, right?" isn't as 100% as this Jew would like it to be. It reads like "I guess they aren't all bad."

I KNOW you didn't mean it that way -- just saying it reads terribly at 2am.

Fair point. And no, it's not what I meant. Just trying to be flippant and failing miserably.

Don't worry. I got it. And most people are good people. Key is to make more good people by being good parents while waiting for bad people to die off. Then 1000 years from now we will have Star Trek and our enemies will be aliens. It never ends. Snippet ?

Ooohhhh look at all the fuddy duddys! relax people, it was a joke and if you can't respect my opinions (as I respected yours) then I guess you guys are the intolerant ones....

Fuck you dude, if that's your idea of a joke then you have a shitty sense of humor, being intolerant of intolerance isn't intolerant, it's being a decent human being

It reads like "I guess they aren't all bad."

If you're referring to what I said earlier, I tried to explain what I meant. If I were talking about the goodness of non-Jews, would I say "all non-Jews are good"? No. Because they clearly aren't. Some non-Jews are horrible people. But most are decent. As are most Jews.

:huh:

Just want to point out that you all are CHOOSING to continue this conversation for no real reason other than just like me you enjoy masturbation... this is the verbal kind.

We like the gay talk.

No. Because it isn't a "lifestyle". You can have that opinion if you want. But it's wrong. That's why people are calling you ignorant, because you look stupid when you say that, because it is wrong.

Forgive my ignorance but what makes heterosexuality 'right'?

And did anyone else catch his subtle dig during the Pride bridge? "Sing this for all lives that have been stolen by brutality and hatred. Sing this for Baltimore, Ferguson, Charleston, SING!"

Nah. References to racial brutality and murder in a song about MLK? Perfect spot for it. I don't think blunt references to these events could be called a "dig."

I can't be the only one that interprets Bono's comments tonight being about american racism AND american homophobia. Especially given all the gay rights references during Pride since Denver.

I really despise this karaoke version of One.

Sorry to all who find it touching.

If the shows are 25-26 songs long I welcome it. If it's a 23 song set and Bono still has a voice during Streets I roll my eyes just as much as you.

And did anyone else catch his subtle dig during the Pride bridge? "Sing this for all lives that have been stolen by brutality and hatred. Sing this for Baltimore, Ferguson, Charleston, SING!"

I can't be the only one that interprets Bono's comments tonight being about american racism AND american homophobia. Especially given all the gay rights references during Pride since Denver.

Not sure the point being made here.

Sent from my ass crack

Axver made a passing reference earlier in theisthread but no mention on u2gigs....

Bono made a claim about playing Boston 23 times. Setlist.fm allows search by each state in the US, which says u2 have played 42 times. It is about 23 arena shows. I'm not 100% what is considered "Boston" and which venues are the same building/site but with different corporate naming.

TD Garden, Boston, MA, USA on July 11, 2015
TD Garden, Boston, MA, USA on July 10, 2015
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA on September 21, 2009
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA on September 20, 2009
Somerville Theatre, Somerville, MA, USA on March 11, 2009
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA, USA on December 5, 2005
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA, USA on December 4, 2005
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA, USA on October 4, 2005
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA, USA on October 3, 2005
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA, USA on May 28, 2005
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA, USA on May 26, 2005
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA, USA on May 24, 2005
Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA on June 9, 2001
Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA on June 8, 2001
Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA on June 6, 2001
Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA on June 5, 2001
Foxboro Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA on July 2, 1997
Foxboro Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA on July 1, 1997
Foxboro Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA on August 23, 1992
Foxboro Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA on August 22, 1992
Foxboro Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA on August 20, 1992
Boston Garden, Boston, MA, USA on March 17, 1992
The Centrum, Worcester, MA, USA on March 13, 1992
Sullivan Stadium, Foxborough, MA, USA on September 22, 1987
Boston Garden, Boston, MA, USA on September 18, 1987
Boston Garden, Boston, MA, USA on September 17, 1987
The Centrum, Worcester, MA, USA on May 4, 1987
The Centrum, Worcester, MA, USA on May 3, 1987
The Centrum, Worcester, MA, USA on May 2, 1987
The Centrum, Worcester, MA, USA on April 19, 1985
The Centrum, Worcester, MA, USA on April 18, 1985
The Centrum, Worcester, MA, USA on April 16, 1985
The Centrum, Worcester, MA, USA on December 2, 1984
The Centrum, Worcester, MA, USA on June 28, 1983
Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA, USA on May 6, 1983
Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA, USA on May 5, 1983
Bowker Auditorium, Amherst, MA, USA on March 16, 1982
Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA, USA on November 14, 1981
The Metro, Boston, MA, USA on May 28, 1981
Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA, USA on March 6, 1981
Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA, USA on March 6, 1981
Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA, USA on December 13, 1980

Axver made a passing reference earlier in theisthread but no mention on u2gigs....

Bono made a claim about playing Boston 23 times. Setlist.fm allows search by each state in the US, which says u2 have played 42 times. It is about 23 arena shows. I'm not 100% what is considered "Boston" and which venues are the same building/site but with different corporate naming.

That's incomplete. You can view by country, state, and city on U2gigs as well. Here's Massachusetts: U2 shows by state - Massachusetts (USA) - U2 on tour

50 shows including the current tour; 46 pre-IE. If you take out promo/various dates, they've played 39 tour shows in Massachusetts before this year.

If you count just full tour dates in Boston, you get 21 shows before today. Foxboro takes it out to 29.

Am I murdering gay people? No, I'm not agreeing with them.

"Agreeing with them"? Being gay isn't an opinion, mate, a point of view, or a choice - it's who some people are. You don't get to agree with people being gay, as this implies a choice has been made. It hasn't. Some people are gay, some people aren't, some people aren't sure, some people are all sorts of things. You don't "agree" - this also implies your blessing matters - it doesn't. If you really want you can disagree with laws that allow gay people the same rights as straight people, though this would seem petty, but you can't disagree with gay people, it's like disagreeing with the colour orange, or ginger biscuits, or Saturn

Every opinion deserves respect. Isn't that what tolerance is? I respect your opinion. I respect each and every one of your opinions. I don't agree with all of them, so somehow I'm an intolerant bigot because I don't hold the same values and beliefs as you. Who is intolerant here?

No.

If somebody has the opinion that Jews are evil, one does not need to "respect" that opinion. That opinion is the exact opposite of tolerance.

And that's religion. Which IS a choice. You can choose not to be Jewish, or Christian, or Muslim.

You can't choose to be gay.

There's nothing to not agree with. It's biological. It's science. It's fact.

Sorta like how the world isn't 5000 years old and Jesus didn't walk with the dinosaurs like Fred Flintstone. Ya know. Facts.

So no, hatred of someone because of their sexual preference is not something any of us needs to respect in order to be "tolerant" of your views, as your views on this particular issue are intolerant, bigoted, out-dated, and overall just plain fucked up.

It would be as if you hated someone for being black. Or left handed. Or having blue eyes. Or red hair. Or being tall or short.

Nobody would have to "respect" your opinion if it were one of those. And nobody has to respect your opinion on homosexuality.

So fuck off.

Last edited:
People who think that other people, their lives, their families, their needs, their wants and their desires is the matter of a difference of opinion are simply hiding behind a word so they don't have to defend the fact that they're being a bigot.

Whether two people who are in a far more committed relationship than a five times married celebrity can now share in the same benefits as said couple is not on the same playing field of, "while I respect your opinion, Tame Impala is a terrible band and will never cease being a terrible band."

I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to say that I really have a shit load of respect for you. As one of the few Christians who has gone out of their way to go in a discussion with us and willing to understand our view (and with that, I've tried to understand yours, and I really do).

I wish these asshat bigots calling themselves Christians were more like you.

Guys, the show was really good. Like really, really good. Lots of talk afterwards in the crowd and waiting in line for the bathroom about "best show I've ever seen."

Who do I need to fuck to get MSG tickets?

Back
Top Bottom