Boston 1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We can't even all agree on liking same U2 songs and we are all fans. So you want us to agree on gay rights? Not gonna happen tonight sirs.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There has been a sea change in gay issues in the past 10 years. Talk in places like FYM really has changed people's opinions, including my own, and I'm gay. Hating or discriminating against me is, for some people, part of their freedom of religion and it's fine to have an "opinion" on homosexuality. The more gay people share their lives the more these positions become untenable, because they fall apart when you realize that being gay isn't what someone does it's what they are. (Not that you don't know this, I'm speaking generally).

Sorry for they tangent. It's like I'm Bono and on a stage or something ...

Over the past 10 years on here, I have always admired your views, your patience and your tolerance. I have no tolerance left.

Yeah, we thought you were kidding when you brought it up the first time after the SCOTUS decision. And look how that turned out.

Remember how that was meant to be about states' rights and some of us made thought-out, informed posts about various aspects of legal and political history? And got totally ignored?

Yeah, let's face it, that was a poor veneer for "I just don't like two guys being in love". Homophobes, please at least try to be honest.

Back to the show.

I'm deeply satisfied. If I never see them again, it will be fine. This was the experience I've wanted since I was 13 years old and Achtung Baby was changing everything about my world.

:up:

It makes me so happy to see my Facebook feed fill up with such joy from my friends. Go glad you, daygloeyes and others had such an amazing show. :)

Back to the show.

I'm deeply satisfied. If I never see them again, it will be fine. This was the experience I've wanted since I was 13 years old and Achtung Baby was changing everything about my world.

Oh no...totally not meant in an offensive way. Yikes. I didn't want to say all, just because there are jerks of every stripe. :)

Am I now? Gee, guess I better let my mother-in-law know so she can hate me too.

Thanks for your opinion, based on zero facts and no relationship with me or Christ for that matter. I hope you find what you are looking for.

I'm really not looking for anything. I'm quite content as is. Old and bigoted opinions like yours are dying off by the minute, and that offers some consolation.

Also, I'm pretty sure you're a bit of a troll, bringing shit like this up where it's not relevant or necessary.

Being closed minded on either side doesn't lead to progress. But change does come. And regardless what it seems like the world slowly gets better. Change happens slowly and only way for it to happen is for both sides to listen to each other.

Anyone have a Bono dick pic to lighten the mood?

We can't even all agree on liking same U2 songs and we are all fans. So you want us to agree on gay rights? Not gonna happen tonight sirs.

I think there's something to be said for making certain opinions or behaviours socially unacceptable though. Look at how successful that has been for drink driving, for example. I grew up at a time when it was still acceptable for some older men to brag with each other about how they drove home completely wasted. Now, if you dare to mention a desire to drive drunk in any company, no matter how polite or vulgar that company is, you are going to be called out as a wanker and made into a pariah. I sense the same thing happening with homophobic comments. Social circles in which I would've heard homophobic language and opinions ten or even five years ago, I do not hear them any more. Let's keep calling out intolerance and bigotry. The change may be incremental but it's real.

Cowtow to their "lifestyle."

Yep. That just about sums it up right there.

Unreal.

Being gay is not something you can agree with. It is not a lifestyle. It is something that someone is.

So no, sorry. I am not going to respect an opinion like this, because it does not deserve respect. I can be respectful towards you (which I am trying very hard to keep to right now) as a human being, but not every opinion deserves consideration and respect.

That's what that is - an opinion. An opinion that is undeniably wrong.

Every opinion deserves respect. Isn't that what tolerance is? I respect your opinion. I respect each and every one of your opinions. I don't agree with all of them, so somehow I'm an intolerant bigot because I don't hold the same values and beliefs as you. Who is intolerant here?

Doesn't mean I agree (or cowtow) to their opinions or lifestyle.

Wow. You're just so completely ignorant and wrong here it's almost funny.

Back to the show.

:)

Oh no...totally not meant in an offensive way. Yikes. I didn't want to say all, just because there are jerks of every stripe. :)

I'm really not looking for anything. I'm quite content as is. Old and bigoted opinions like yours are dying off by the minute, and that offers some consolation.

Also, I'm pretty sure you're a bit of a troll, bringing shit like this up where it's not relevant or necessary.

Ok good. I'm glad you are happy. I hope you are successful and happy in everything that you do.

I think there's something to be said for making certain opinions or behaviours socially unacceptable though. Look at how successful that has been for drink driving, for example. I grew up at a time when it was still acceptable for some older men to brag with each other about how they drove home completely wasted. Now, if you dare to mention a desire to drive drunk in any company, no matter how polite or vulgar that company is, you are going to be called out as a wanker and made into a pariah. I sense the same thing happening with homophobic comments. Social circles in which I would've heard homophobic language and opinions ten or even five years ago, I do not hear them any more. Let's keep calling out intolerance and bigotry. The change may be incremental but it's real.

You are kidding right? So if I'm reading this right, I should be compared to someone who champions drunk driving, simply because I don't agree with gay marriage?
Boy, that right there sounds like tolerance to me....

Every opinion deserves respect. Isn't that what tolerance is? I respect your opinion. I respect each and every one of your opinions. I don't agree with all of them, so somehow I'm an intolerant bigot because I don't hold the same values and beliefs as you. Who is intolerant here?

No. You respect someone's right to an opinion.

There's a difference.

Having an opinion doesn't mean it's worth of respect. I could have the opinion that women are better off barefoot and pregnant and that all Irish are drunks. Do you respect those opinions?

Back to the show.

All of this. I am seeing them at least one more time in Boston. I don't know how this will be topped, this tour or ever.

Enjoy your time in P-Town with all your sinning gay stuff, Irvine. ;)

You are kidding right? So if I'm reading this right, I should be compared to someone who champions drunk driving, simply because I don't agree with gay marriage?
Boy, that right there sounds like tolerance to me....

I'm gay and I'm married to a man. How can you "agree" or not with those factual statements?

All of this. I am seeing them at least one more time in Boston. I don't know how this will be topped, this tour or ever.

Enjoy your time in P-Town with all your sinning gay stuff, Irvine. ;)

I'm jealous. Maybe I'll swim across the harbor or something and try to get a GA. Or how late do the boats run?

I really want to see a later show with some good variety and degree of spontenaity.

The NYC dates are looking tough for my schedule.

I don't even know what to say. You think homosexuality is a lifestyle. That is an incorrect opinion. Full stop.

I can respect that you are a full-grown adult who has a firmly-held opinion, but no, I cannot respect the opinion itself. Because it is an offensive and intolerant opinion.

Respecting someone is different than respecting the opinion. Every human is worthy of respect. Not every opinion is.

And clerks, what is the "other side" to agree with here? That being gay is wrong? That being gay is a lifestyle? We're talking about equality here. This is not some sort of compromise situation.

And with that, I am off to bed.

No. You respect someone's right to an opinion.

There's a difference.

Having an opinion doesn't mean it's worth of respect. I could have the opinion that women are better off barefoot and pregnant and that all Irish are drunks. Do you respect those opinions?

I respect your right to have those opinions. I don't hold either of those opinions myself, but if that is what you believe....GREAT....have a wonderful time with those beliefs.

Hey, I lied. I DID know what to say!

And as usual, Irvine beat me to it.

Enjoy your post-show high, guys. :)

I can barely masturbate to this.

I'm gay and I'm married to a man. How can you "agree" or not with those factual statements?

I am very happy for you. I hope you have a wonderful life. I don't believe your lifestyle is right, but the point of all of this is that I am free to believe that, just as you are free to live however you want to. Can we agree on that?

Back
Top Bottom