2015 U2 Tour News - delivered to Interference.com first and exclusively

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone remember that post a month or so back by someone who had a source at livenation saying the tour would start in vancouver?

I think the opener being in Vancouver in May was the very first tour rumor out there, would be funny if that actually is how the tour starts. :)

Ugh my membership expires ON November 22 lol. I dont want that book though, already have it.

Elvis said general sale Nov 22, presales before that, so you should be good to go with your current membership if those dates hold. Then you can renew for the new "gift" after that.

Hmm, this'll be interesting, because I don't know what city I'll be living in next summer, and I may or may not by the 22nd.

Hopefully I can still get my first GA experience!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hello to all the U2 fans, Interferencers, blue crack addicts, fans, foes, and fellow citizens of the world. I'm coming out of retirement for, possibly, a one time performance ;)

I bring you amazing news...

This information is being given exclusively to Interference.com.

The new U2 tour will start in the in US May/June. They will play arenas and do a general admission floor. They have not finalized the venues and exact dates due to the commitments of the NHL and NBA playoffs but they have a rough idea at this time. Public on-sale should be November 22 with the presales preceding that date. I can't reveal my sources, but they are credible as anytime in the past that I leaked U2 tour dates and details. If you choose to not take me on my word, and history within the U2 world and this community, your loss. :wink:

And that concludes this performance... until more information is intercepted.

Special thanks goes out to the letter "J" for being awesome.

All hail ELVIS! :bow:
Thank you so much for the great news. Please do keep us informed about European tour dates. This ought to be another great world tour.

Thanks also to " the letter J" for being awesome :applaud:
I bet it was good old Joe O'Herlihy .
I had a cool conversation with him before one of the concerts in their last tour.
He showed me around the soundboard and the amazing sound system U2
had for the show.
Cool guy that Joe! He always has the best seat in the house.

U2.COM : Best Seat In The House - YouTube

Here is a 2013 video interview with Joe O'Herlihy and about the new sound innovations and what might
be on the next U2 concert tours.
"AirMonics" - High intensity Digital Hi-Fi technology using apps for the concert Fans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWsVWn7uHkU

The thing is, everyone knows Pearl Jam and Springsteen do it best, we've all been saying that for years. When, and if , they finally listen and make U2.com membership, presales, and most especially GA
queues the same as these clubs is another story. I do believe fans, New, young, and old would benefit MOST from a Springsteen like lottery. It's the only fair way to go that allows people a chance to see the city they're visiting, go to work, have a life, not stress, sunburn, run, etc. And still have a genuine untainted possibility of a great spot. Le sigh, One can hope.....

I think the opener being in Vancouver in May was the very first tour rumor out there, would be funny if that actually is how the tour starts. :)

Hello to all the U2 fans, Interferencers, blue crack addicts, fans, foes, and fellow citizens of the world. I'm coming out of retirement for, possibly, a one time performance ;)

I bring you amazing news...

The new U2 tour will start in the in US May/June.

Yes, Vancouver, Kansas. ;)

I'm a GA type of person, no matter which concert I'm going to. I got GA for almost every show I wanted, be it U2 or anyone else, stadium or arena. The only time I didn't get GA was the Milan show in 2009, but only because the server broke down and we decided to take a seat ticket because we wanted to watch a show with a seat as well, it was a great ticket and the show was amazing. Apart from that, GA only. No problems getting those. I went to a lot of non-U2 arena concerts as well, shows that sold out quickly and I didn't exactly line up in the morning and got good to decent spots. I like to try out different spots in different venues. I don't have the time and nerve to line up early in the morning for every show. I'll try to get as many GA tickets as possible for the next tour. Normally, they don't exactly "sell out" that quickly, there are more GA tickets released at a later point, so you still have a chance to check in and get some. I may try seats for one or two shows as well, just to check out if it works. But everything depends on the dates and venues. I'll decide as soon as we have details.

Hi Silvia! :wave: Will respond to your PM SOON - busy in my office right now. Just wanted to say Leif and I would love to make plans with you, if possible. :) He says hi back, btw.

Hmm, this'll be interesting, because I don't know what city I'll be living in next summer, and I may or may not by the 22nd.

Ha, same here. I've been sending out job applications all over the midwest for a while now, so something could materialize at any minute. I'll probably just end up having to do Chicago and travel as I need to.

Even though I'm closest to Boston, I'd love them to spread the love to rest of New England like they did in Elevation. Maybe 4-5 nights in Boston (could be 2 Fenway, 2-3 TD Garden), 2 in Providence, 2 in Hartford, and eleventy billion at MSG.

Elvis said general sale Nov 22, presales before that, so you should be good to go with your current membership if those dates hold. Then you can renew for the new "gift" after that.

I am a week earlier, expiring 11/15, so hopefully I'll get a presale in before then BC I have the book an want to renew after the next promotion comes out, could be close.

Thanks for the great news! GA no matter what. Personally, the two 360 Stadium GA experiences I had is going to make arena ga look like gold from anywhere on the entire floor. :drool:

Even though I'm closest to Boston, I'd love them to spread the love to rest of New England like they did in Elevation. Maybe 4-5 nights in Boston (could be 2 Fenway, 2-3 TD Garden), 2 in Providence, 2 in Hartford, and eleventy billion at MSG.

Agreed. What would you say is the best place to see them?

That was a fantastic show! Perfect weather, us SoCal folks brought it with us, and I got to hear AIWIY, Zooropa and Stay live for the first time ever.

This soundcheck was awesome! Love hearing Nic shouting at me sorry about my horrible singing. :doh:

Seattle was my favorite gig! The still shot of the entrance of this video gives me nightmares. It was a total meat grinder. What a mess that was, thankfully the end result was worth the crush. :up:

That was a fantastic gig! Amazingly, as scary as this entrance was it was the easiest one I did all tour. Everyone knows what happened at the Rose Bowl, that was a nightmare, and Anaheim was also a clusterf***.

That was a fantastic gig! Amazingly, as scary as this entrance was it was the easiest one I did all tour. Everyone knows what happened at the Rose Bowl, that was a nightmare, and Anaheim was also a clusterf***.

Thankfully my only bad experience during this tour or any for that matter was Seattle. And by bad, I mean that entrance. The whole process before going through the grinder was just fine. I thankfully did not have to deal with all the annoyances and frustrations that everyone else did in Anaheim. By the way Anaheim night 2 is a tie with Seattle in terms of my favorite shows. :)

Agreed. What would you say is the best place to see them?
Hopefully they stay the F away from Fenway. Lousy venue for concerts. Providence is a little smaller building as is Worcester (which they could use either if they are in the Northeast in May or early June and are worried about conflicts with Bruin playoff games), otherwise I assume if they are here after mid jine shows would be at the Garden.

I am a week earlier, expiring 11/15, so hopefully I'll get a presale in before then BC I have the book an want to renew after the next promotion comes out, could be close.

Mine expires on Nov. 10. I have an email in to them asking that since I already have the book, if I renew now can I get next year's gift when it comes out instead (they did this for me last year). Haven't heard back yet. I don't really want two books, I never read the first one.

Mine expires on Nov. 10. I have an email in to them asking that since I already have the book, if I renew now can I get next year's gift when it comes out instead (they did this for me last year). Haven't heard back yet. I don't really want two books, I never read the first one.

Sounds good, if you hear back and remember, can you send me a PM with that confirmation/result. Would be nice to know, thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom