U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was the most stressful ticket purchase I have ever made because I don't speak french. Thanks to evenko.ca I am now officially bilingual :lol: I'll try all over again on Monday so I can catch both shows in Montreal. For now I got myself GA tickets on Friday, June 12th but would like the lower bowl seats for the Saturday night. $305 is a steep price though. And my god that's before taxes and service fees. Pretty outrageous really

$350 this time where it was about $150 last time, ridiculous. And how much actually goes to the charity?
They probably just labeled that section as the (RED) Zone, without donating any of the proceeds. Maybe I'm wrong.

Are those of you in the US going directly to Ticketmaster and using your pre-sale code or do you have to enter through a page at u2.com?

I was logged into the TM site for the Chicago show and the spinning wheel of death lasted about 15 minutes. Then I used the TM app on my iPad and got through in two minutes. Even got a confirmation email and everything. DO IT!

Use your phone!!

I wasted over an hour on my laptop and iPad. Used my iPhone and got through without a hitch within minutes!!

I feel stupid to ask, but at what point after minutes and minutes go by does "less than 1 minute" wait-time actually become necessary to interpret as "this sucker is hung up hopelessly and you'd better refresh or just bugger off altogether"? Because, that. Over and over for me. sigh.

Are those of you in the US going directly to Ticketmaster and using your pre-sale code or do you have to enter through a page at u2.com?

straight through ticketmaster. I had no luck with the website, but the app was fast...payment option troubles though. Wouldn't let me access my stored cc the first time through, but wouldn't let me add it either. Had to go around again, select new tickets, etc, but it worked. Can't complain now. :up:

That was the most stressful ticket purchase I have ever made because I don't speak french. Thanks to evenko.ca I am now officially bilingual :lol: I'll try all over again on Monday so I can catch both shows in Montreal. For now I got myself GA tickets on Friday, June 12th but would like the lower bowl seats for the Saturday night. $305 is a steep price though. And my god that's before taxes and service fees. Pretty outrageous really

Im not a U2.com subscriber but somehow the Evenko website let me into the online waiting room without a password. I couldn't buy any tickets but I could see the tickets prices and availability. My god.. The show is practically already sold out and public on-sale hasn't even started. This is going to be a nightmare I can just tell. I really hope I can snag a couple of GAs during the public on-sale. I dont particularly want to wait in line all day like i've done in the past for these guys but its your best bang for your buck. $300+ for seating in the 100s is crazy. Smart though. They know that older people won't want to wait outside and stand all night so they sell the reserved seating at a $300 price tag (because most middle-aged middle-class people can afford that) and market the GA towards guys closer to my age (im in my 20s) who will wait in line all day and stand all night.

GA1 vs. GA2?

After what seemed like forever, I got GA1 for Boston1, and GA2 for Boston 2. My friend got the exact opposite (GA2/GA1). Does this distinction matter. Can we queue up together?

I dont particularly want to wait in line all day like i've done in the past for these guys but its your best bang for your buck. $300+ for seating in the 100s is crazy. Smart though. They know that older people won't want to wait outside and stand all night so they sell the reserved seating at a $300 price tag (because most middle-aged middle-class people can afford that) and market the GA towards guys closer to my age (im in my 20s) who will wait in line all day and stand all night.

That's why I like the stadium shows. A beautiful day (though I'll admit I've never had to deal with a sucky-weather one for a show, luckily), a lot of GA. And you don't really need to camp out unless you absolutely need to be front-y--front-front. Looking above and around you doesn't make you envious of the seated, but instead adds to the experience of it all; wow, look at them waaaay up there!

I am middle-aged and will call myself middle-class, but can't quite bring myself to pay the 300 a ticket...especially since I want to bring my teen this time around and $600 is like two airfares or summer camp, yikes.

I can't use an app (only have a laptop today!), but did finally somehow work around the ticket loading and payment issues, and got a couple tickets in the lower bowl at Chicago 2 for the 2nd level pricing, so "merely" $100 a ticket.
It was probably completely coincidental but when I tried linking to the ticketmaster page through the U2.com tours-page link, *then* it all worked properly, including payment, when it had not done so before (error messages in the payment and trouble getting past the spinning wheel of less-than-1-minute purgatory).

I probably jumped the gun a little, but decided that for the fairly 'reasonable' price I would just go with whatever right behind the red-zone means...either very very far away from the main stage and a good spot for some small percentage of the show or, something else, who knows, given how unclear the stage set-up is on ticketmaster. But at least it might feel okay to a daughter who is a newbie to arena shows of this magnitude, I'm hoping, since it's not up in the sky or on the floor!

That's why I like the stadium shows. A beautiful day (though I'll admit I've never had to deal with a sucky-weather one for a show, luckily), a lot of GA. And you don't really need to camp out unless you absolutely need to be front-y--front-front. Looking above and around you doesn't make you envious of the seated, but instead adds to the experience of it all; wow, look at them waaaay up there!

I am middle-aged and will call myself middle-class, but can't quite bring myself to pay the 300 a ticket...especially since I want to bring my teen this time around and $600 is like two airfares or summer camp, yikes.

I can't use an app (only have a laptop today!), but did finally somehow work around the ticket loading and payment issues, and got a couple tickets in the lower bowl at Chicago 2 for the 2nd level pricing, so "merely" $100 a ticket.
It was probably completely coincidental but when I tried linking to the ticketmaster page through the U2.com tours-page link, *then* it all worked properly, including payment, when it had not done so before (error messages in the payment and trouble getting past the spinning wheel of less-than-1-minute purgatory).

I probably jumped the gun a little, but decided that for the fairly 'reasonable' price I would just go with whatever right behind the red-zone means...either very very far away from the main stage and a good spot for some small percentage of the show or, something else, who knows, given how unclear the stage set-up is on ticketmaster. But at least it might feel okay to a daughter who is a newbie to arena shows of this magnitude, I'm hoping, since it's not up in the sky or on the floor!

I certainly wasn't implying all middle-age middle-class people can afford that! So I dont blame you for doing GA. Have fun! I certainly can't afford it either. Im just talking about their marketing strategy in general. GA is still a great experience but I'm just getting a little tired of it. I've been doing it for years and part of me now just enjoys showing up at showtime and making my way to my reserved seat.

Sorry all, glad most questions got answered. I'm on the West Coast, so I'm only just now getting to work and whatnot.

For those who have questions about Credit Card entry tickets, Gabe's got a great thread here, I'll try and get a mod to add it to the first post:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f314/tickets-hard-vs-cc-entry-only-217653.html

I feel stupid to ask, but at what point after minutes and minutes go by does "less than 1 minute" wait-time actually become necessary to interpret as "this sucker is hung up hopelessly and you'd better refresh or just bugger off altogether"? Because, that. Over and over for me. sigh.

Leave it and try the app.

Use the TM app.

Seriously.

Sent from

It can't be said enough: Try the App

You can't use your presale code in two separate browser windows open to TM, but you CAN have a browser window and the phone app working on the same code. I'd recommend having both going and go with what comes up first.

Alright folks, Dinner finished here in Holland, coffee brewed, TM account North America updated, ready for the Vancouver pre sale. One BIG item of my U2 wish list one step of being almost fulfilled; after traveling half of Europe to see U2 totally hyped and energized; Opening night Vancouver. Keeping my fingers crossed.:drool:

DISREGARD: Ticketmaster is incorrect. Tomorrow's Presale DOES begin at 12 EST in the US

Does anyone have any idea what "FAN CLUB BUNDLES" would indicate?

Ticketmaster lists the onsale times as follows (in this instance i'm looking at 5/30 at The Forum in LA)

"Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 12/08/14 10:00 AM PST

U2.com Subscriber Presale
Start: Thu, 12/04/14 10:00 AM PST
End: Sat, 12/06/14 12:00 PM PST

VIP Packages
Start: Thu, 12/04/14 10:00 AM PST
End: Sat, 12/06/14 03:00 PM PST

Fan Club Bundles
Start: Fri, 12/05/14 03:00 PM PST
End: Sat, 12/06/14 12:00 PM PST

VIP Packages Onsale
Start: Mon, 12/08/14 10:00 AM PST
End: Sat, 05/16/15 10:00 PM PDT"

Any thoughts? Just curious.

A Zoo Mod theorized that it was a membership + tickets, but I don't know if that was ever confirmed.

I certainly wasn't implying all middle-age middle-class people can afford that! So I dont blame you for doing GA. Have fun! I certainly can't afford it either. Im just talking about their marketing strategy in general. GA is still a great experience but I'm just getting a little tired of it. I've been doing it for years and part of me now just enjoys showing up at showtime and making my way to my reserved seat.

Oh, and I didn't mean to sound snippy about the pricing, apologies if I did!
I'd love to do GA this time around, even in the for-me-less-desirable arena context for it, and perhaps will try to for some show this tour.

I feel a little frustrated with the two-ticket limit on the presale code, ugh. Because I would have loved to have added a GA or two for Chi 1 to my questionable seats for Chi 2! Given how long they go between touring it would be a nice thing for them to let
eXPERIENCEed fan club members have as many as 4 presale tickets, I'd say!

I know what you mean about GA being tiring though too. Being a petite person, and none too pushy as well, GA can be *really* tiring. And a little dangerous in many ways lol.
I did RedZone for the Chicago 360 in 2009, and that was nicer for sure than general GA. I'd try for that again if it were somewhat closer in price to regular GA, as it was for the stadium tour when they did auctions.
For me, though, seating is somewhat over-rated because I've had some terrible crowd-annoyance (and even crowd-aggression) experiences while seated (in Detroit area venues for various performers including U2) and then you're sorta stuck in the spot unlike the relative freedom to re-orient in GA.

Good luck to everyone in the pre-sales!

After what seemed like forever, I got GA1 for Boston1, and GA2 for Boston 2. My friend got the exact opposite (GA2/GA1). Does this distinction matter. Can we queue up together?

I don't think this matters, but it's been a while since I last queued :wink:

Congrats on snapping up the tix!

Got two GAs for the 3rd LA show (5/30 Saturday night) via my laptop no problem. $174 for two. Credit Card entry only but you can transfer tickets for free through your Ticketmaster account (to another Ticketmaster account holder I assume). Was hoping for hard tickets to add to my U2 ticket stub collection but that's how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom