TM may screw me out of my tickets - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 03:36 AM
TM may screw me out of my tickets

So yesterday during the hellish frenzy of buying tickets. I kept getting, "Sorry, we are having trouble with your order...blah..blah...blah.." and I thought I had lost out on tickets. This happened on 3 different sets of tickets. One order did go through and I thought I was good. Oh happy day!

Yesterday afternoon, I get 3 additional emails that I now have a total of 8 tickets that I purchased. So, all the ones that gave me an error and did not go all the way through processing apparently went through - even though I never got that final purchase page.

Fine. I'll just call and cancel those other 3 orders. Explained the situation, saying that it was a TM error and I tried to call a dozen times to rectify but could not get a live person on the phone yesterday so I'm call first thing this morning. She could not cancel the orders because of the 2 ticket limit. Why not? Just cancel the other orders. Easy peasy. Yeah...no. It has to go through another department that I am NOT allowed to speak to and they will decide either to cancel ALL my orders or just 3 of them. It could take up to two weeks. And, if they leave me tickets, want to bet they give me the worst of the bunch. Which, frankly I won't care as long as I'm in the building. But to cancel ALL of the orders when it was their mistake.

I'm about to cry. I effing hate this company.

ItsFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #2
The Fly

Local Time: 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsFoxy View Post
So yesterday during the hellish frenzy of buying tickets. I kept getting, "Sorry, we are having trouble with your order...blah..blah...blah.." and I thought I had lost out on tickets. This happened on 3 different sets of tickets. One order did go through and I thought I was good. Oh happy day!

Yesterday afternoon, I get 3 additional emails that I now have a total of 8 tickets that I purchased. So, all the ones that gave me an error and did not go all the way through processing apparently went through - even though I never got that final purchase page.

Fine. I'll just call and cancel those other 3 orders. Explained the situation, saying that it was a TM error and I tried to call a dozen times to rectify but could not get a live person on the phone yesterday so I'm call first thing this morning. She could not cancel the orders because of the 2 ticket limit. Why not? Just cancel the other orders. Easy peasy. Yeah...no. It has to go through another department that I am NOT allowed to speak to and they will decide either to cancel ALL my orders or just 3 of them. It could take up to two weeks. And, if they leave me tickets, want to bet they give me the worst of the bunch. Which, frankly I won't care as long as I'm in the building. But to cancel ALL of the orders when it was their mistake.

Wow, so with a limit of 2 you now cant even cancel so you get down to 2. TM is getting worse and worse.

stefbrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
Refugee

Quote:

Keep calling and hassling them. You are their customer, so make it your point to be treated that way. Tell them you will only accept your original purchase that they botched, and there are no other options.
Moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #4
The Fly

I'm on the phone again with them. Wish me luck.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 01:36 AM
Post something on their Facebook page and copy/paste that same story to them in a private message.
weinerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #6
The Fly

Quote:

This is bullish!t. Call them back and start over. They cancelled my extra orders last night because of the same scenario - had to get approval from supervisors, but they did it. Be firm but polite. It took over an hour and two phone calls.
Boglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #7
The Fly

Yeah, always keep polite and being the grown up in the conversation. You paid money for these tickets, you bought the tickets you wanted, you MUST get them.
stefbrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #8
New Yorker

bastards!
Daddysgonnapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerdog View Post
Post something on their Facebook page and copy/paste that same story to them in a private message.

Yes this!
bono_man2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:36 AM
Yeah, I've had previous ticket issues which were my fault, and a supervisor was able to fix them. Always ask for the supervisor and of course remain polite.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #11
The Fly

If you get nowhere with them on subsequent calls, call the credit card company and see if you can file a claim. Let Visa (or whomever) fight the fight.
Boglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #12
The Fly

Sending you good vibes and hoping this works out
_underwhelmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #13
The Fly

So. On my second try I did speak with someone more helpful. Apparently TM has to work thru MSG Customer Relations before they can cancel any tickets. They fill out a form explaining what happened saying it was a TM error and to please issue a refund for the 3 orders that did not indicate had gone through. The lady noted I still wanted to keep 1 order and gave them that order number to indicate I did not want to cancel everything. She says it takes about 3 to 5 days. I should keep checking back on TM to see if my order has been cancelled. If not, she gave me MSG Customer Relations number and I should call them and explain the situation.

The other person I spoke to did not even explain what needed to be done and just said you may or may not lose all your tickets and it will take 2 weeks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, saying tons of prayers.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
So. On my second try I did speak with someone more helpful. Apparently TM has to work thru MSG Customer Relations before they can cancel any tickets. They fill out a form explaining what happened saying it was a TM error and to please issue a refund for the 3 orders that did not indicate had gone through. The lady noted I still wanted to keep 1 order and gave them that order number to indicate I did not want to cancel everything. She says it takes about 3 to 5 days. I should keep checking back on TM to see if my order has been cancelled. If not, she gave me MSG Customer Relations number and I should call them and explain the situation.

The other person I spoke to did not even explain what needed to be done and just said you may or may not lose all your tickets and it will take 2 weeks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, saying tons of prayers.
Sounds like that other person needs a new job.
Moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #15
Acrobat

Write to the mod Bigwave on u2.com

I would strongly advise you (and others with TM-problems) to go zootopia (the forum) on u2.com - and PM/write to Bigwave - one of the mods. He has resolved a lot of cases from people who have had cancelled their tickets from whatever reason (bought tickets on the same credit cards but with two different codes seem to be the most common reason).

This was certainly not your fault - so it has to be resolved.

Good luck!!

elevation is offline   Reply With Quote