Only "true" fans are entitled to rail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One bright side is how low the stage and catwalk are relative to past tours. Assuming peasants are allowed to touch the front row, you should have a killer view. 360 wasn't like that.

But yeah, we need more pics. That one isn't very helpful at all in determining the front row situation.

Last edited:
You don't read PSs, do you....

Obnl0kK.jpg

That's how it looks to be.

Hell, that yellow "South" sideways makes me think that the outter rail will turn there, so they'll have the whole front rail and the catwalk.

I saw you posted that pic before, but what on earth is it based on? You extended the line in MS paint, and now it's fact???

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The RZ area is wider than I remember it being. But it's probably just the angle. If you're "behind" the RZ, you're likely behind 4 or 5 people.

Last edited:
Except that you aren't 'behind the red zone' unless of course you were planning on charging straight for the catwalk instead of one of the stages? Which if I had lined up all day, I sure as shit would be going for a stage. Which has no red zone. Which means this whole thing is redundant.

The problem is that the reality was different from what was sold. If the seating chart said you had a seat in the 100s and then they pushed everyone in the 100s back into the 200s, you'd probably understandably be upset.

The problem is that the reality was different from what was sold. If the seating chart said you had a seat in the 100s and then they pushed everyone in the 100s back into the 200s, you'd probably understandably be upset.

Because I paid about twice as much. I'm not saying changing the floor plan isn't a problem - I am saying it will barely effect people in reality because of all the remaining rail spots

Because I paid about twice as much. I'm not saying changing the floor plan isn't a problem - I am saying it will barely effect people in reality because of all the remaining rail spots

You might be right, we'll see opening night, I just wish the band had been upfront about where the Red Zone was going to be.

So we should be silent because we paid less? Pfff...

So we should be silent because we paid less? Pfff...

You love taking things out of context. I'm saying in the particular example that was presented, people who paid a price to receive a particular guaranteed seat were then given worse seats that are worth less money. GA is GA. Cat A seats are not Cat B seats.

The stage height may be different - it would need to be taller after security barriers are added.

It'll be taller. The pictures are from rehearsing. No fans, no rails, no need for any security barrier. We'll all know more for sure when the show opens in Vancouver. Betting on a higher stage, some sort of rail around it so the band (aka BONO) doesnt fall off, plu various security barriers and rails for GA and RZ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

So it's either get front row at a U2 show (LOLOLOL good luck) or be the furthest possible distance from the band in the entire pit. Those options are supposed to be better than last tour?

Seats are a better option unless you do RZ. I didn't know that was the case when I bought GA tickets.

What?! Do you understand the layout? You actually have more rail than any tour. You have 2 stages, the rail outside the zone and anyone on the floor will have greatest view of the screens. The RZ will actually be too close to see the entire screen, and they'll have obstructed view when the screens will be up.

One bright side is how low the stage and catwalk are relative to past tours. Assuming peasants are allowed to touch the front row, you should have a killer view. 360 wasn't like that.

But yeah, we need more pics. That one isn't very helpful at all in determining the front row situation.

I don't think the stage height is as low as some are thinking if you look at the E stage and look at the stairs this stage is pretty average.

What?! Do you understand the layout? You actually have more rail than any tour. You have 2 stages, the rail outside the zone and anyone on the floor will have greatest view of the screens. The RZ will actually be too close to see the entire screen, and they'll have obstructed view when the screens will be up.

First of all, calm down.

Secondly, do you have insider info that we don't? Because there isn't a single picture that conclusively shows how much or how little access redzone ticket holders have to the front rail. Pepokiss is being overly pessimistic, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that the entire first row is free game to anyone with GA. The B stage looks to be.

Last edited:
First of all, calm down.

Secondly, do you have insider info that we don't? Because there isn't a single picture that conclusively shows how much or how little access redzone ticket holders have to the front rail. Pepokiss is being overly pessimistic, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that the entire first row is free game to anyone with GA. The B stage looks to be.

No one needs insider info to know that it's not first row or the furthest from the band.

The RZ area is wider than I remember it being. But it's probably just the angle. If you're "behind" the RZ, you're likely behind 4 or 5 people.

If RZ will turn out to be all along the catwalk on both sides and the SJ map reads 50 occupants per RZ, GA might be behind 1 or 2 people.

The problem is that the reality was different from what was sold. .

Picture wise maybe.
The written word for RZ says : Barricaded area adjacent to the Stage (http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/ymrlmm?ac_link=u215_artistmod_vip)

Also the b-stage could have turned out the be the main stage.

Last edited:
If RZ will turn out to be all along the catwalk on both sides and the SJ map reads 50 occupants per RZ, GA might be behind 1 or 2 people.

I'm having trouble picturing 'just' 50 people on one side of a catwalk.

But like people said, we won't truly know until the first show I guess.

That's even more misleading than the picture.

According to the dictionary definition of "adjacent," and assuming the catwalk counts as a stage, the redzone should look like this:

oRk1YfY.png

It will all depend on where the barricade begins and ends, which at this point we don't know.

I'm having trouble picturing 'just' 50 people on one side of a catwalk.

The side we are seeing on the picture also has the camera rail.
None of the barricades are up.
Who knows how much (or little) space there will be left after those are standing.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Not once did I even remotely say ALL red Zone people will be from out of town. I simply said what is likely to be true, that many of them will be. No different than people in the stands and people in GA. Some of you have really turned into pricks on this site since the 360 tour.

I dunno... maybe i was just hallucinating

In all honesty, Hallucination is right and there's a lot of deflection happening in here. People paid for one thing based on a lack of information (it was either that or not go at all) and got something else. There wasn't a line drawn through the chart indicating areas in GA that would be inaccessible to me unless I paid $350. There should have been and I understand why people are upset. I would have just gotten seats if I had known I would be consigned to the middle of a crowd no matter my efforts. Rail spots are more comfortable and give you fewer heads to look over.

The silver lining is that there's no point in standing in line for 12 hours this time around. And a lot of really terrible control freaks won't be able to ruin the experience. It's not all bad, but it's worse than I had anticipated when I bought the tickets.

Is no information actually misinformation? Can you be misled when nobody said anything?

Back
Top Bottom