Last Minute Tickets Question - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 03:18 AM
Last Minute Tickets Question

For the previous U2 concerts I've attended, we always get our tickets in advance, so I've never had to worry about getting last minute tickets. However, now I'm trying to figure out how it works. The resale prices are not looking good to me right now! And I'd really rather sit closer than the 300s if possible.

My husband and I want to get tickets for Chicago (preferably the show on 6/28). It seems like I once read that good tickets (sometimes even GA?) often show back up on Ticketmaster last minute for an affordable price. Is this accurate?

I would love to get GA tickets or as close as possible, but I will take what I can get with our meager budget. I only wish I could pay the big bucks. I'm hoping to keep it under $500 for both tickets.

If you have any insider tips for me, I'd love to hear them! We've been saving money from birthdays, anniversaries, and mother's day/father's day for us to make this trip. We'll be driving 7 hours, so I need to be sure we are going to get tickets if we make the trip.

Thank you!

SheWearsLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:01 PM   #2
Babyface

One other thing...is viagogo.com a reliable place to get tickets? Some of their prices aren't bad!

Old 06-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #3
Refugee

I'd say start with Ticketmaster. Was able to get some good seats to Chicago on the 25th just now, and that show has been listed as sold out for a while. Not able to find GA, however. Some folks have found tix at a discount near show time. I spent full price, but at least I can be confident the tickets are legit. Don't know much about that website you mentioned.

Good luck!
dudeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:11 PM   #4
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
I'd say start with Ticketmaster. Was able to get some good seats to Chicago on the 25th just now, and that show has been listed as sold out for a while. Not able to find GA, however. Some folks have found tix at a discount near show time. I spent full price, but at least I can be confident the tickets are legit. Don't know much about that website you mentioned.

Good luck!
Thank you! I'm actually on Ticketmaster now. Did you buy a resale ticket? It's all so confusing to me, but I'm hoping there will be what I have read is called a "ticket drop" at some point within the next few days where I can find something on Ticketmaster in a good spot cheaper than what I'm seeing now. Glad you got your tickets!
Old 06-20-2015, 05:45 AM   #5
The Fly

Local Time: 01:48 PM
I have used Viagogo before. It is quite reliable although I did once have a problem where the ticket seller didn't actually have the ticket he was selling. I obviously got a refund.

If you find something for a reasonable price, I'd go for it. There's also other similar sites like Stubhub and Getmein you should compare prices with. Be wary they all add their own rip off fees during checkout. And I'd also avoid GA assuming Chicago is doing paperless and needs to see the credit card used.
kps88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #6
Babyface

Local Time: 08:18 AM
Wonder if we are coming from the same direction. I'm coming 7 hours from Ohio. I have 2 tickets for the opening night that I need to unload. Section 105, row 5, seats 3 & 4. Should be stellar views of the "e" stage! We have ga tickets for the Sunday and Monday and those are credit card entry only, so if interested in the Wednesday night tickets, message me, as I'm starting to get a bit antsy about selling the other two. They were $240 a piece originally, but I'm willing to negotiate.
Earth_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #7
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_Angel View Post
Wonder if we are coming from the same direction. I'm coming 7 hours from Ohio. I have 2 tickets for the opening night that I need to unload. Section 105, row 5, seats 3 & 4. Should be stellar views of the "e" stage! We have ga tickets for the Sunday and Monday and those are credit card entry only, so if interested in the Wednesday night tickets, message me, as I'm starting to get a bit antsy about selling the other two. They were $240 a piece originally, but I'm willing to negotiate.
Hey there! We are having trouble getting childcare for our four kidlets for Wednesday, or else I would consider taking those tickets off of your hands! We are actually driving from Missouri. I will keep you posted if something changes and we can come Wednesday!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #8
musicidalist

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Last Minute Tickets Question

[deleted]

Never mind. I totally lied.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Miroslava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:18 PM   #9
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroslava View Post
[deleted]

Never mind. I totally lied.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Haha! Well, okay...thanks! I'm leaning toward buying the tickets and not waiting for another ticket drop. I'm too nervous to wait. We already have th childcare and hotel reserved, so now I just need those tickets!
Old 06-21-2015, 12:49 AM   #10
War Child

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Not sure how you feel about Club level at United Center, but there are a few options to get you out of the upper level for under $500/total for two tickets.

http://www.stubhub.com/u2-tickets/u2...-2015-9195924/

Sec 216 Row 4 - $244/each + 10% off code (JUNE10) should be around $440, and you'd have a nice view of the e-stage and screen.
weinerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #11
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerdog View Post
Not sure how you feel about Club level at United Center, but there are a few options to get you out of the upper level for under $500/total for two tickets.

http://www.stubhub.com/u2-tickets/u2...-2015-9195924/

Sec 216 Row 4 - $244/each + 10% off code (JUNE10) should be around $440, and you'd have a nice view of the e-stage and screen.
Thank you! I've been checking out StubHub. I actually found some decent seats in section 105, which I'm thinking would be a good view, but now I'm trying to decide if I should go with seats, or just get GA tickets....Hmmm...decisions, decisions!