iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE 2016: Tour Rumors Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12 Vancouver - BC Place Stadium
May 14 Seattle - Century Link Field
May 17 San Francisco - Levi's Stadium
May 20 Pasadena - Rose Bowl
May 21 Pasadena - Rose Bowl
May 24 Boston - Gillette Stadium
May 25 Boston - Gillette Stadium
May 28 Detroit - Ford Field
May 31 Minneapolis

June 3 Chicago - Soldier Field
June 4 Chicago - Soldier Field
June 7 Raleigh,NC -
June 11 Miami - Hard Rock Stadium
June 13 Dallas - AT&T Stadium
June 15 Houston - NRG Stadium
June 17 Washington - FedEx Field
June 20 Toronto - Rogers Centre
June 21 Toronto - Rogers Centre
June 24 New York - Met Life Stadium
June 25 New York - Met Life Stadium
June 28 Philadelphia - Financial Field

July 1 Cleveland - First Energy Stadium

Where is this from? I guess they're playing Bonnaroo on the 9th if the above is indeed the schedule.

I'm betting on the 9th as well, but I still have my doubts about the schedule. We'll find out soon...

I'm really hoping the Levi's Stadium show is legit. Traveling down to the Rose Bowl sounds excruciating, especially if doing GA....

Which brings me to GA or not GA? I had such a great time last time and I'm sure it'll be even more special with JT, but I'll be bringing my less-than-enthusiastic-about-U2 girlfriend with me and I don't think she'd be too into the waiting around 8-9 hours a day aspect of it.

no offence to your girlfriend but if she's less-than-enthusiastic about U2, then GA. with somebody else :lol:

I've had the same conversation a fair few times with friends about how we've taken ex partners to gigs out of obligation or something when we know full well they won't enjoy it. you spend half the gig (not to mention a day lining up if you're into that) distracted and worrying that they're not enjoying it/in a sulk, on top of being up in the seats when you could be down in GA enjoying yourself with a friend who actually likes the band!

Or go by yourself.

I normally go to gigs solo. No need to worry about what anybody else wants to do, where they want to stand, whether they're enjoying themselves, etc. It's great.

Going alone isn't an awful idea. However, while less-than-enthusiastic she definitely likes them enough to probably want to go and she does enjoy JT. If it was SOE I'd definitely let her skip like for SOI (which she's come around to actually like, ironically enough).

oo yeah, definitely a lot to be said for going alone! first two London IE shows I saw were alone, like most gigs I go to actually. but yeah, going solo can be very fun! like Axver said, no worrying about anyone else. you're best mates with strangers singing together by the end anyway.
And when you're not wild about a song the trip to the bar and back is mercifully hassle free.

that said, since it sounds like your girlfriend enjoys U2 to an extent, do GA with her and she'll most likely walk away converted.

I love going to concerts alone. Still haven't been alone in a stadium, though.

I try to avoid GA at all costs, but if I do it, I don't line up hours in advance. Walk in about half an hour before the ticket time and just roam around the floor - I hate being at the front.

Last edited:
I love going to concerts alone. Still haven't been alone in a stadium, though.

I try to avoid GA at all costs, but if I do it, I don't line up hours in advance. Walk in about half an hour before the ticket time and just roam around the floor - I hate being at the front.

And for those who like being at the front - like me, because my eyes are fucking shithouse - arriving only half an hour before gates also works perfectly well unless your life's mission is to be on the rail. I got third row in front of Adam at one Melbourne show, and on the rail behind one of the Red Zones, by doing that. Easy as piss. And because the stage is so damn high, third row rather than the rail actually meant less craning of my neck.

The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 North America

Fri. May 12 Vancouver, BC BC Place Stadium

Sun. May 14 Seattle, WA CenturyLink Field

Wed. May 17 San Francisco, CA Levi's Stadium

Sat. May 20 Los Angeles, CA Rose Bowl

Wed. May 24 Houston, TX NRG Stadium

Fri. May 26 Dallas, TX AT&T Stadium

Sat. June 3 Chicago, IL Soldier Field

Wed. June 7 Pittsburgh, PA Heinz Field

Sat. June 11 Miami, FL Hard Rock Stadium

Wed. June 14 Tampa, FL Raymond James Stadium

Sun. June 18 Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field

Tue. June 20 Washington, DC FedEx Field

Fri. June 23 Toronto, ON Rogers Centre

Sun. June 25 Boston, MA Gillette Stadium

Wed. June 28 E. Rutherford, NJ MetLife Stadium

Sat. July 1 Cleveland, OH First Energy

The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Europe

Sat. 8 July London, UK Twickenham Stadium

Wed. 12 July Berlin, DE Olympic Stadium

Sat., 15 July Rome, IT Olympic Stadium

Tue. 18 July Barcelona, ES Olympic Stadium

Sat. 22 July Dublin, IE Croke Park

Tue. 25 July Paris, FR Stade De France

Sat. 29 July Amsterdam, NE Amsterdam Arena

Tue. 1 Aug. Brussels, BE King Baudouin Stadium

Wonder what the stage will be like. I also can't imagine they'd only do 11 songs with the effort of a stadium show.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So looking forward to this , finally get to hear Red Hill Live ????? But why oh why Twickenham ?????? out of Wembley , London Stadium , Twickenham they choose the worst ground to get too and worst ground for acoustics

The Edge's interview with Rolling Stone was just released and "Acrobat" was mentioned as a possibility!

Initial plan was to wait for whenever they tour Experience in arenas, but the thought of getting to hear Red Hill and Exit live has me reconsidering. I really do think hearing them in arenas has spoiled me for life.

Decisions, decisions.

Shit and doubleshit, I'm going to be out of town next week for the on-sales.

Shit and doubleshit, I'm going to be out of town next week for the on-sales.

Unless you want GA I wouldn't be too concerned. The shows most likely won't sell out in all markets stubhub will have tickets

Amsterdam ticket prices:

Tickets for U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017| 29-07-2017 @ Amsterdam ArenA

G.A. Standing
77.00 EUR*
(inc. 7.00 EUR fees)

Seated
190.00 EUR*
(inc. 10.00 EUR fees)

Seated
114.00 EUR*
(inc. 10.00 EUR fees)

Seated
77.00 EUR*
(inc. 7.00 EUR fees)

Seated
38.50 EUR*
(inc. 3.50 EUR fees)

Unbelievably for a chap who lives fairly close to Antarctica I'll be in Italy July 15! So ridiculously excited! I've seen One Tree Hill live a few times but Exit, MotD, RHMT... Yes!!
Just got to get me a ticket...

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Last tour didn't they talk about playing albums in full one night and the next night a new album. so I guess they finally remembered their own idea.

UGHHH Mumford and Sons. Why couldnt I get OneRepublic or The Lumineers :sad:

Holy shit, I can see this twice. Vancouver AND Seattle - I am agog!

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Why is there no TJTT 2017 forum open yet?

Anywayz... psyched about the new tour. Reading the interview with RS I hope they do a bit of revisionism and do a setlist with only pre JT songs before building up to the full album in sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom