8 MSG shows. Which ones best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Large bags are not allowed in GA.

Anything that can fit under a seat is allowed into the garden proper, but it will be searched at the entrance

Pro tip: if you want to bring a plastic or metal water bottle into an arena, say you just had surgery or have a medical need and you have to drink water mixed with a special powder. I did that in Vancouver and they let me go in with my water bottle in GA and seats (I actually do have a medical need, I don't have a colon so I have to drink more water than the average person).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

MSG just told my friend at the box office that they will be doing wristbands for GA. Not sure of details yet, but wanted to pass that on here. Hope it's true. :up:

MSG just told my friend at the box office that they will be doing wristbands for GA. Not sure of details yet, but wanted to pass that on here. Hope it's true. :up:

Sure they didn't mean the usual GA wristbands when you enter to go onto the floor? That would be different than in the past, but oh that would be fabulous since I really need to work at least part of the day for two of the three shows I have GA to - but could do some waiting/swing by the Garden in the morning before work.

I was gonna say don't quote me on that, LOL. Fingers crossed that it's true. She said security would have the final details about wristbands tomorrow.

iStock_000001939612XSmall.jpg

All ready for American Blowjob

Prime example of why I never talk to anyone from PA.

I thought they did wristbands at Boston too, but did that stop the line whores? That is my confusion in all this line up list making that I was too lazy to read the whole thread for.

The line nazis are a separate issue. If the venue does wristbands in the AM, we don't have to stand outside of Madison Square Garden all day. It would be a huge bonus!

That I get... but if they give you wristbands with numbers doesn't that STOP any influence of outside parties that aren't the venue? That's my confusion in the matter, having not experience the GA system. But then again, I was planning on getting to the show at 7:45pm because I don't want to deal with any of it.

The last show is definitely the one must-see of the bunch...not that they'll necessarily throw a curveball, but the fact that it's the last one of the leg (and a very, very long stand) could mean you get an extra long set of 25-26 songs. I mean, if you had to bet on any evening, it would be Night #8 as the band and Bono can really push it knowing they don't have to perform for another five weeks.

It'll be interesting to see how many of the 42 songs played at actual SOIE gigs will make an appearance in New York. I think 40 of them stand a really good shot with
In God's Country and Stand By Me
being the dark horses (although I'd actually be expecting the latter just so they have an extra closer). I'd expect at least three tunes to make their debut over that long run, especially with so many that have been heard rehearsed or presumed rehearsed but have yet to make an appearance.

Last edited:
That I get... but if they give you wristbands with numbers doesn't that STOP any influence of outside parties that aren't the venue? That's my confusion in the matter, having not experience the GA system. But then again, I was planning on getting to the show at 7:45pm because I don't want to deal with any of it.

It depends on the venue security. If they don't want to get involved, the idiocy still occurs

Nice! I love Marine Park. Was at the park almost every day for 15 years playing basketball, baseball, football, paddleball or biking around the track.

You ever go back?

Geez, i did the same thing. we probably know each other.

I go to the old hood here and there. we still have a little bit of family there.

So do we assume U2 goes on stage same time frame as other shows which started at 7:30 and then got on stage at 8:20... so should we assume 8:50 they hit the stage or do you think they will just get going early? Personally I wish the show started early. I'm old, tired, have kids. I rarely leave the house after 6PM let alone 8pm!!!!!

Email from U2.com

Don’t forget that there's no opening act on the iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour.
The stage time is 8PM.
Leave yourself plenty of time to get to the venue.

You don't want the band opening the show without you...

best wishes
The U2.com Team.

But I assume they sent out same letter to every show and no band ever plays right away. Maybe Bruce got going right away... I wish it was right away, but I know they do it so people find their seats, yada yada.

Last edited:
I'm for sure a cranky old man. I just want things to start at the time it says. I'm sick of movie previews because I can see them in my home now. And it's funny how NYC shows always always start later than other places. Why? We are the only ones that busy? Doesn't anyone want to go home before midnight?

Get off my lawn!

I'm for sure a cranky old man. I just want things to start at the time it says. I'm sick of movie previews because I can see them in my home now. And it's funny how NYC shows always always start later than other places. Why? We are the only ones that busy? Doesn't anyone want to go home before midnight?

Get off my lawn!

I'm in the same boat...work, kids, lawn:lol:

start on time ! My bed time is after Wheel of Fortune !!!:shifty:

i felt the same way when i was 16. I like to see movies before 4pm in the theaters. At home, sure I'll watch at night like a young kid. But I find audiences much more pleasant during the day. I don't drink, so I think being around drunks after 9pm while I'm trying to watch my favorite band annoys me more than most

I left Foo Fighters 3 songs early last night to beat the parking lot nightmare. Home from Queens to Westchester in 30 mins.

Unfortunately, I was wired and didn't fall asleep until past 1am... :huh:

Another bonus of the encore being the same most nights... you can leave early!

I left every Patriots Game early too and we lived 5 minutes away. But in traffic it could take an hour to 3 hours to get home and it was brutal. Now I watch on the TV and am much happier.

Don't think I didn't miss MOS a few nights last tour to get my tired ass home.

Never left a U2 concert early.

I admit to leaving a Springsteen concert early once to get to the bus from the Meadowlands back to the city earlier, but that was a show that was delayed 3 hours due to an oil spill on the Jersey Turnpike and didn't start till close to 11, and he played for 3+ hours anyways because he's Bruce, and it was the second encore, 2am and I just couldn't stand anymore.

I was wrong about everything being a half hour later because the ticket time is 8PM and not 7:30 - show still started and ended around the same time as all the others, even though people entered later!

I got my wish and I think I said that in some other thread of starting on time.

I got yelled at by one security guard. I always get yelled at by at least one person at MSG during U2 shows there. I have that face that says -- fuck with me. But most of them are very nice. But I didn't feel alone when I saw a guy yell at two girls because they wanted to keep their bottle cap and he was like "absolutely not!" And then together we made fun of that dumb policy. Some assholes could throw a bottle without a cap and hit someone too.

Also, I should note MSG was terrible with GA signs -- go here -- go here. At least 10 people in line with me didn't even have GA tickets, they saw a line and got in it. Obviously most of it makes logically sense, but it wasn't as clear and easy as it should be. We got up the stairs and we all stopped, then kept going. Then got braclets with some weird hand system going on... then we started going up the escalotrs and I just lead the way at first stop as I knew it had to be first set of doors I saw... but it didn't saw floor/GA or whatever. I'm bitching for no real reason... but why not?

Also GA didn't have all the shirts and only one snack stand for this fat guy who doesn't drink. So if you want to get all the good food and see all the t-shirts, just know you won't get it all there. But you will get awesome seats.

Show itself, I wore earplugs for first time, so man it sounded weird at times -- lyrics were clear, but sometimes the music just sounded off. Wearing a condom on my ears! But I'm not deaf now and I enjoyed myself. Unlike on here, the classic songs are the ones that got me most excited... I like the new album, thought it sounded great live, but it didn't get me going the way the classic stuff did. Crowd loved Elevation, Bullet (which I thought was awesome and I was down on that song), Pride, Streets, Mysterious Ways...

I also learned what I knew that NYC women or women in NYC are gorgeous and the man for most part are ugly. Except for DeVaul...

I don't drink. But this reads like I am drunk.

Back
Top Bottom