2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? So great. Larry looks like a happy little kid in this one.

u2_zpsmpmd3g4i.jpg

Just wanted to say how much I love this picture, and also rant a bit. Drives me nuts every time they put out an album or start a tour and people are like "they are OLD...RETIREMENT IS NIGH!!11!!" No, it isn't. There were so many times I looked at the stage the past few days and thought that they are absolutely loving what they do, you can see they're still having a blast (even Larry). They're nowhere near retirement. They're still in their prime as musicians and performers.

Omg I'm a bit drunk I have to say but I so need to read this thread in sequence. I fuckin love you guys.

Sent from my ass crack

Last time I saw you, you had a bottle of water. Unless it was vodka. :eyebrow: :wink:

So last night as I'm leaving the Toronto show I spot this pass on the floor. Does anyone know what this is for? Some sort of backstage hospitality area? Red Zone related?

Imgur

I saw a bunch of people in RZ with those.

CONGRATS GVOX AND ACROBAT!

That was Fucking Awesome ( with a capital F and A).
And you played the right song for them. Smart.

At the very least, your performance gave US that photo of THEM all smiling at their music, and that's a really meaningful thing to me.

Plus you all sounded awesome.

Not having seen a show yet this tour I am curious: is Bono rather low-key in moving around the stage, due to lingering bike accident injuries? I've seen some clips and it doesn't appear as if he is moving around as much as in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not having seen a show yet this tour I am curious: is Bono rather low-key in moving around the stage, due to lingering bike accident injuries? I've seen some clips and it doesn't appear as if he is moving around as much as in the past.

Well, he runs down the catwalk (which cracks me up for some reason, Bono running :lol: ) and climbs some sort of ladder/stair thing into a stage. I mean, he's not exactly climbing scaffolding anymore :D But he never seems in pain or whatnot...

Holy cow! Thanks for sharing! :rockon:

Sent from my ass crack

No worries mate - hadn't said it yet, but congrats! You and Mark did a great job! Inspired me to listen to the version of ISHF with The Bankrobbers from NJ Vertigo - you guys did WAY better!

There are some picsin PLEBA (tour thread , so its safe for you guys out there) of the people who got on stage in toronto. Maybe something for the memorybook. Is Acrobats "Edge" also around here?

I am experiencing post-show depression...went to four shows, now want more! I was hoping Dublin details would be at least concrete by now. Doing everything in my power to NOT buy a ticket to Boston or NYC and fuck off of work for a road trip....

WOW…been out of the U2 bubble for couple weeks and just saw this…Mark & Gabe & Acrobat on stage. What a moment. Will most certainly be one of the highlights of the tour, and I think even the most cynical music writer or fan could not have been moved what happened in Toronto. U2 is one of the few (perhamps only) bands that has just the right mix of earnestness and heart, along with a great relationship with their fans, to make a genuine moment like that possible. And Desire was a perfect song choice.

Gabe, I know you and I have had our differences (to put it mildly), and I’m sure we will again, but for now sincere congrats to you, Mark et. al. on what no doubt was a dream experience for you…Acrobat is in the U2 history books now! Savor the moment. :applaud: :up:

WOW…been out of the U2 bubble for couple weeks and just saw this…Mark & Gabe & Acrobat on stage. What a moment. Will most certainly be one of the highlights of the tour, and I think even the most cynical music writer or fan could not have been moved what happened in Toronto. U2 is one of the few (perhamps only) bands that has just the right mix of earnestness and heart, along with a great relationship with their fans, to make a genuine moment like that possible. And Desire was a perfect song choice.

Gabe, I know you and I have had our differences (to put it mildly), and I’m sure we will again, but for now sincere congrats to you, Mark et. al. on what no doubt was a dream experience for you…Acrobat is in the U2 history books now! Savor the moment. :applaud: :up:

:up:

There are some picsin PLEBA (tour thread , so its safe for you guys out there) of the people who got on stage in toronto. Maybe something for the memorybook. Is Acrobats "Edge" also around here?

Hello, I'm Acrobat's "Edge" from Toronto. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have posted on interference, but I do like looking around every now and then and see what the U2 community is discussing etc. Perhaps this is a good chance to say thanks for all the kind words and comments we have received the past couple of days - it means a lot. I also thought Jess (dancer), I hope I got her name right and Stephanie (tues night) did an outstanding job. Hats off to them...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Dogs and cats will now live peacefully together. :wink:

I got on stage with a local band in Green Bay the other night. Pretty sure I said that I was going to by every pretty girl a shot. I thought I was safe because the only pretty girl there happened to the one I was with. Unfortunately the bartender and my tab disagreed.

Were you invited up, or did you pull a Diamond?

Also, was Aaron Rodgers there? Was he in the band? That would have been awesome.

Luckily I was invited up.

And I am Aaron Rodgers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom