Official: U2 in Turin for 2 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, just saw that :up:

Good news for European fans, but I'm still very cautious and hope Bono doesn't take his injury lightly. It's not like after exactly 8 weeks everything will be fine again. I hope he takes care during rehearsals and continues with physical therapy so he doesn't get hurt again :pray:

I have a feeling it will be mostly the other band members at rehearsals and Bono not so much. 21 July seems to be very early for him. Still good to hear they're confident about the European leg.

I understand about 10% of what was written in both articles.

The first article states that the band will be in Turin from July 21 till august 5. After initial doubt the something of sports Guiseppe(Joseph) has given the green light for the concert.
Then some more talk about the tour and the claw and how it will look in the stadium.
Strangely enough nothing is mentioned on Bono's back.
Second article is mostly the same.

For 2 weeks of rehearsals, I expect a bunch of new songs to have a tour premiere. And any change will probably be a good thing.

For 2 weeks of rehearsals, I expect a bunch of new songs to have a tour premiere. And any change will probably be a good thing.
Agreed, though I wouldn't mind if they kept the section from TUF to SBS. :drool:

That's great news. That must mean it's going well with Bono's recovery. :up:

Sorry for the listmania.

Please keep:
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix)
No Line On The Horizon
Unknown Caller

Please drop:
Breathe
Stuck In A Moment

Please reconsider:
Your Blue Room
Electrical Storm

Please add:
Drowning Man
*edit* FEZ/Being Born (of course)
NEW MATERIAL

:pray:

wouldnt mind having 1 decent live version of it. It is a song with plenty of energy, and belongs live, rather than on the record

wouldnt mind having 1 decent live version of it. It is a song with plenty of energy, and belongs live, rather than on the record

Imagine it being a setlist staple and Fez/Being Born being played once or something. It'd rather it'd be the other way around.

I agree with that much.

The U2360 setlist in general is maybe the greatest U2 setlist of all time. I wonder if they can top themselves... :hmm:

add Fez-Being Born, Drowning Man, and a new song or two, and i'm happy.....and may now consider seeing them in 2011.

Sorry for the listmania.

Please keep:
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix)
No Line On The Horizon
Unknown Caller

Please drop:
Breathe
Stuck In A Moment

Please reconsider:
Your Blue Room
Electrical Storm

Please add:
Drowning Man
*edit* FEZ/Being Born (of course)
NEW MATERIAL

:pray:

This. Hope they keep UV and UF also.

I have a feeling it will be mostly the other band members at rehearsals and Bono not so much. 21 July seems to be very early for him.

That is more or less 8 weeks as the doctors orders were but I agree, they said minimum of 8 weeks. Perhaps they are still hoping to be back on time for the 21st and if that can't be done, they'll let us know that Edge had Bono chained down and the tour will resume a couple of weeks later, at the expense of another couple of shows.

If nothing else, it shows that they're both hopeful and expectant that Bono will be good to go sooner rather than later.

Glad to hear this! Not only because I have a ticket for Athens, but also because it sounds like Bono's recovery is going well if they're booking the stadium for rehearsels. :up:

Excellent news! Everyone keep beaming get well soon vibes at Bono through the ether!

Really? This ain't sarcasm?

Well my my, opinions can differ.

It's really, really not sarcasm.

Unforgettable Fire, Ultraviolet, keeping HTDAAB material to a minimum, no Pride (in North America at least), great running order (save for the opener maybe) and the occasional Your Blue Room, and I'm one of those people who loved Moment of Surrender as a closer, and I'm also one of those people who love In A Little While. It's missing I Will Follow or The Electric Co. maybe, and Discothèque certainly couldn't hurt, but compared to any other set in their 30-year history I think these were the best ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom