Mexico City 1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think ramblin rose means that once Edge starts the riff from Discotheque at the end of CT, you almost expect Larry to jump in and rev it back up. Instead Larry reaches over for a bottle of water, leaving Adam and Edge standing there forced to wind down the riff...wasted opportunity IMO

It's almost looks like Edge is scanning the crowd while playing the riff to see the reaction, as if they did continue would it go off?

I find myself utterly apathetic about all of this

Bring on a new album/tour era

I dunno man. When it comes to Pop on the 360 tour, Gone seems like an absolute no-brainer for the 'suit of lights' encore.

Just let Go Crazy flow over into Discotheque that would just blow the house down.

But no U2 being stupid again just refusing to play something off POP...

Watching that video again it looks like Edge & Adam had a POP epiphany w/ the riff being played a few times then Bono singing Please. The crowd seemed to really enjoy it.

By the band bringing back the Discotheque riff during rehearsal I really think the song is on their mind a bit.

Even Better Than The Real Thing
I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways
Elevation
Until the End of the World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Kite
Beautiful Day
Miss Sarajevo
Zooropa
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo,
I'll Go Crazy (remix)
Discotheque
Please/Sunday Bloody Sunday
Scarlet
Breathe

One
Where the Streets Have No Name

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
With or Without You
Moment of Surrender

It starts about 4:30....

and then around 5:16, Edge begins playing the main riff of Disco.

Why don't they just launch right into the WHOLE DAMN SONG!!!?!?!?!

It clearly can be done and can work PERFECTLY, doing the snippet like this is proof of that.

The Please snippet occurs about 5:47. It's pretty cool, but still, pisses me off that they are willing to pull out Zooropa, but won't do Disco or Please or even Gone or LNOE!!

Thank you for pointing out where the good stuff starts so i wouldn't have to waste my time watching the first 4:29 of garbage.

Crazy Tonight is easily the worst single u2 has put out this past decade, why they continue to play this piece of shit live is mind boggling when you consider their vast back catalogue.

It was okay on the first leg when they were still promoting NLOTH, but since thats a done deal why not just play Discoteque, Gone, or an actual PoP song in its entirety?

Thank you for pointing out where the good stuff starts so i wouldn't have to waste my time watching the first 4:29 of garbage.

Crazy Tonight is easily the worst single u2 has put out this past decade, why they continue to play this piece of shit live is mind boggling when you consider their vast back catalogue.

It was okay on the first leg when they were still promoting NLOTH, but since thats a done deal why not just play Discoteque, Gone, or an actual PoP song in its entirety?

I agree that Crazy Tonight is too weak to be a single, but I honestly disagree that the live remix is a "piece of shit". But that's your opinion.

Though when Edge started playing the Discotheque riff at the end of CT, I got frustrated because I knew they could have launched into the song. What a tease, and especially when Please was snippeted as well. :waiting:

Bono kind of hurts the Crazy remix IMO. He sounds so bored. The performance seemed to get a kick start when he started singing Discotheque. Probably because they haven't exhausted that song like they have Crazy. Also maybe because Discotheque is a way better song... Makes me smile just to hear a little bit of it.

Someone needs to lock Willie in a room somewhere,

We looked at 'Crazy' as well and had another go at an idea we tried out last year, which was to make it a bit of a mash-up with Discotheque. We did do this once or twice and I can’t quite remember why it didn’t last. I think there was a discussion as to whether this addition was making the song better or just making it longer, but either way it didn’t survive. Having now got a chance to revisit the idea, it has come storming back into the frame, so fingers crossed.

I have always enjoyed it thanks.

I really think they can do waaaaay better than that Crazy Tonight Remix. They are far enough away from No Line and its release as a single now that they can safely switch it out. The original is terrible (I agree with Mrs Garrison, but All Because of You is certainly up there), the remix isn't very good (just listen to it - no video, without theatrics - it's really nothing to write home about, you would never ever actually play it in a club), and going into NA again, it's not new/fresh anymore. They've got far, far, far better options there for 'U2 Does Dance' or 'Claw Goes Club'. Use them.

After watching the video I'm now convinced Larry is the hold out that doesn't want to play any Pop.

i'm way late in watching these clips, but the last 90 seconds was awesome.

larry even bobbed his head a couple of times and then probably thought "fuck it, i'm going to drink some water now"

Back
Top Bottom